First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler JK, White Bronco Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Next Gen 4runner = good 4door look for soccer moms. The end.

If Toyota wants to get serious against Jeep or Bronco... release an updated FJ40 with modern suspension and engine, and keep the 4Runner for all the soccer moms (or) get closer to the design of the 1996-1998 4Runner. Bigger, fatter, and more sharp angles does not = better. Toyota has the old Ford/GM way of thinking (i.e. bigger is always better).

I mean honestly... it seems like all Toyota designers in the last 15 years must have owned a lot of Tonka toys as kids.

What "prospectfour" pictured a few threads back... looks cool. Kind of reminds me of an updated Suzuki Sidekick.
Sponsored

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This is about the best rendering I’ve seen of it and honestly looks pretty legit.

Most renders have something off in the lines that can be deep into the details. Unless someone can point out the obvious flaw, this almost looks CAD accurate, meaning a real leak.

If this is it, the looks are well done. Lots of loathing about the hybrid, but Toyota has that tech peffected at this point and I think it’s a selling point; they know they can’t screw that part up.
I don't disagree that it looks like one of the best renders so far, but let me point out a few issues. We know the new 6th gen 4Runner will follow the styling cues from the new 2024 Tacoma. The original source stated it something like this.
"When looking at the Tacoma, it should be obvious what styling the new 4Runner will have."
When comparing the rendering to the new Tacoma, they differ in a number of areas, just a few include the headlight shape & curvature as well as the fender to hood radius shape & curvature

Furthermore, looking at the side panel to wheel well curvature sections. You can see the rendering tools the pixel artist uses do not yield the same complex compound curves that you see on the Tacoma side projections. These are only achieved with the 3D modeling software Toyota uses.

And one last item, look at the clearance on the front skid plate, you see daylight in the Tacoma wheel openings yet on the rendering, the skid plate hangs down another 4 or 5 inches, yet they share similar, if not the identical, frame and running gear.

Again, I agree this rendering looks pretty good, but it is not the actual product, we will not see that until the teasers hit after the first of the year.

Ford Bronco Competition: 2025 4RUNNER news, specs, timing, preview CGIs -- via insider info 1690828082531

Last edited:

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't disagree that it looks like one of the best renders so far, but let me point out a few issues. We know the new 6th gen 4Runner will follow the styling cues from the new 2024 Tacoma. The original source stated it something like this.

When comparing the rendering to the new Tacoma, they differ in a number of areas, just a few include the headlight shape & curvature as well as the fender to hood radius shape & curvature

Furthermore, looking at the side panel to wheel well curvature sections. You can see the rendering tools the pixel artist uses do not yield the same complex compound curves that you see on the Tacoma side projections. These are only achieved with the 3D modeling software Toyota uses.

And one last item, look at the clearance on the front skid plate, you see daylight in the Tacoma wheel openings yet on the rendering, the skid plate hangs down another 4 or 5 inches, yet they share similar, if not the identical, frame and running gear.

Again, I agree this rendering looks pretty good, but it is not the actual product, we will not see that until the teasers hit after the first of the year.

View attachment 547116
Excellent points. Would love to see what the skid on the Taco TRD Pro look like and if different from the TrailHunter?

May not be the final, but I‘d bet it’s pretty dang close. The rendering of the bottom of the front with the tears and still that low hanging plastic make me wonder if that part is accurate, but the new Taco has it so it very well may.

They should sell a million of these with ease either way. Good stuff “finally” Toyota.

Sponsored

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
pffft. It will be every bit as capable as our broncos with a little TLC, the same TLC our Bronco's need.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford will bring over the Everest to compete. Neither are direct competition for the Bronco since those both have real roofs.

Reactions: Fly

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm watching this and the land cruiser closely. We will be looking to get rid of her sienna hybrid in a couple years(works with wait times for these vehicles, and not paying adm) and get back into a fun family vehicle.
I'm honestly trying to get my wife in a new Prius but she's not having it because of the name only. Like I said in my last post it looks amazing and NOTHING like previous versions.
Ford Bronco Competition: 2025 4RUNNER news, specs, timing, preview CGIs -- via insider info Toyota-Prius-2024-hd

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Cool. But it looks to me like you cannot remove the top. If that is the case, then it would not be competition for the Bronc. You can take the Bronco's roof off. ;)😁

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

timhood