NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I see the Haterade was on a BOGO sale at the Blue Oval Quik Stop this week.
Bronco pricing has gotten out of control and they need to justify overpaying for an unreliable vehicle.

From what was announced for the GX, the LC would check most boxes for me (except for 35s).
Sponsored

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
(salivating at the thought of a 2-door Toyota version of the Wrangler and Bronco....)

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is so true.

Toyota confuses me...

GX being the high end lux offroader - check
LC being a 70k offroad oriented rig - check
Sequoia being flexed into offroad life at 60-70k - what? why? TRDPro?
4Runner - 40-50k super capable - check

LC and Sequoia occupying the same space just seems weird. Almost like they are setting up the LC to flop again.
Simply put. They’ve already spent the money on the development and tooling. The cost to introduce is the marginal cost of federalizing it. It will thread a narrow void between the GX overland/Sequoia TRD PRO and 4Runner TRD PRO.

They’ll sell 20,000-30,000 of them and that’s a success. The Land Cruiser is not a volume vehicle. It’s a passion project.

bldavis11

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Simply put. They’ve already spent the money on the development and tooling. The cost to introduce is the marginal cost of federalizing it. It will thread a narrow void between the GX overland/Sequoia TRD PRO and 4Runner TRD PRO.

They’ll sell 20,000-30,000 of them and that’s a success. The Land Cruiser is not a volume vehicle. It’s a passion project.
Totally agree with this. Before the stopped offering the full size Land Cruiser in North America a year or two ago, they sold a little over 1,000 vehicles per year for years. You gotta have the passion to spend $85,000 on a new one. I gotta say that I was nearly one of them. I loved the Heritage edition they offered the final year, but just didn't have the necessary finances at the time to make it work.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If they take the 4Runner and give it a bunch of off-road capability from the factory like the Bronco & Wrangler have... it could really set the 4Runner apart and have it clearly occupy its own market.
Just throwing this out there but my 4runner TRD off road has electronic rear lockers, trail control, "goat" modes, hill start assist, and hill decent control in it from the factory. Ive had it since 2018 so when I got the bronco I was glad to see it has all these things also but Toyota did it from factory before the bronco came out.
Sponsored