Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Competition brings prices down; that’s why all companies strive to be a monopoly in a market; comp lowers margins of profit and sales forecasts.

Prices will come down, mostly in the form of incentives since Bronco sales will slow dramatically this fall. Broncos can already be had below MSRP, which was not the case a year ago.

Tesla has lowered prices, the Ford Lightning prices have dropped, as have those for many vehicles, so that’s just demand economics.

Competition also drives innovation and improvements in overall quality. Ford cut a ton of corners on Bronco. One that pisses me off where not frame mounting the rock rails. Body mounts are for poseurs, not wheelers. Toyota looks to have frame mounted rock rails from the factory; that’s an amazing shot at the Bronco and I’m here for it.

The mid cycle refresh may be too late for Ford to change and I feel they may have phoned it in; well, they’ll pay a heavy price for that. Think the next gen calendar may have moved up. The hybrid option may also come sooner now and I’d bet Ford manages to either hold prices steady or drop MSRP.

Free, competitive markets are good for customers, so the more the better.

I’d take a Land Cruiser over the 4Runner, but both look to be strong options in the mild off-road market.
I get the sentiment, I think most of the hate is about the visuals.

A couple challenges though, I think Bronco sales will slow, but not just because of the new 4Runner. Toyota will sell 4Runners as fast as they can make them, whether they are 5th gen or 6th gen. The Bronco is just not the hot new thing anymore regardless.

As for frame mounted rock rails, I guess i'm a poseur ;) lol. I wont pretend there isnt a huge difference, but any trail I can do without tons of winching, the body mounted rockers are more than adequate for. If Ford was willing to spend the money on frame mounted rockers, i'd rather see that money thrown right back into the steering rack or driveline since those are harder things for the aftermarket to address affordably. Just my 2c.

I welcome the competition and innovation though, but I also will offer a moment of silence for the Toyota fans who got a 3" wider track in the off-road trim which is all wheel offset and not suspension travel. Tragic.
Sponsored

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Underrated Take. I cant not see this every time I look at my 87 F-250. The front end is so clean. If you place the hood at the same level as a modern superduty, whole bumper and grill will fit in the space used for the grill on the superduty. I get needing some extra cooling, and fuel economy with the low front, but its fugly. I never really considered how out of place the Bronco is in that regard. Among a sea of modern trucks/SUVs, it has a super trim front end, probably why I like it so much.

This 4Runner would look decent if the upper grill was THE grill, and the lower grill was the bumper (imagine that, a bumper instead of facia) and only half that height too.
Most front ends nowadays look like they have Life size Lego pieces stuck on the front.

Canadian5.0

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hhhhmmmm , a suv with a full frame , rear locker , 4x4 , yes it’s a bronco competitor, just not with a removable roof lol

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get the sentiment, I think most of the hate is about the visuals.

A couple challenges though, I think Bronco sales will slow, but not just because of the new 4Runner. Toyota will sell 4Runners as fast as they can make them, whether they are 5th gen or 6th gen. The Bronco is just not the hot new thing anymore regardless.

As for frame mounted rock rails, I guess i'm a poseur ;) lol. I wont pretend there isnt a huge difference, but any trail I can do without tons of winching, the body mounted rockers are more than adequate for. If Ford was willing to spend the money on frame mounted rockers, i'd rather see that money thrown right back into the steering rack or driveline since those are harder things for the aftermarket to address affordably. Just my 2c.

I welcome the competition and innovation though, but I also will offer a moment of silence for the Toyota fans who got a 3" wider track in the off-road trim which is all wheel offset and not suspension travel. Tragic.
Think you’re right! The front end is likely pedestrian considerations and regulations. I think it looks fine for what it is.

For those who like the retro look, the Land Cruiser front is perfect and I like the GX look totally overall.

Frame mounting the rails wouldn’t cost a ton more; that’s why Toyota has done it across the line here. Having to pay out the nose for a Bronco, or Wrangler for that matter, then immediately have to go to aftermarket is just ridiculous for something so basic. Would rather go aftermarket for 35s for example.

I don’t hit rocks at Moab or Windrock, but frame rails are also steps and protect against door dings for the poseurs. :wink:

Totally agree with your statement on the steering. Yes, they’ve finally addressed it, but my 23 Badlands needed it more than a Wildtrak, but it didn’t happen until this year, so now I must drop $3K-$5K on a new rack as well as the rails; not happy about it since I wheel.

Stomper

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That brown one looks like ideal new car for Walter White.

Sponsored

Cactus Jack

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Finally revealed! Took long enough.

I used to own a TRD Pro Tacoma, and although it was a great truck, I just feel as though Ford is in an entirely different league.

Driving a Raptor at Silver Lake state park opened my eyes as to how capable these Ford off-road vehicles truly are.

Of course the Tacoma and 4Runner are very capable off-road, but I pushed the Raptor so much harder than I ever would push the TRD Pro Tacoma.

Also, when I test drove a new TRD Pro Tundra at the Cleveland auto show in ‘23, I was very disappointed with the throttle response. I expected it to launch like a rocket ship with all that torque from the hybrid setup. It moved, but it felt sluggish and shifted slower than the 10-Speed Raptor (which makes much less torque!)

Toyota makes a great product, but based on my experiences, Ford has them beat.

IMG_2959.jpeg

Thiskers

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like a toy to me, but not in a good way.

Not my style, but hope that those who buys one enjoys it. Maybe it'll look better in person.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Of the new Toyota off road options, in simply the looks department:

1. Lexus GX 😍
2. Landcruiser
3. Taco/4Runner

I could definitely see myself eyeing a depreciated GX hard in about 4 years.

SmallCrawler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Whether you like or dislike the chunky looks of the 4Runner, the design gets in the way of driving basic trails. The moment things start to get a bit sporty you find yourself constantly having to get out of the vehicle to check your angles or stack rocks. Ford took the beneficial aspects of IFS and provided excellent departure, breakover, and approach -- plus the optional added ground clearance of the Sasquatch package. I liked owning a 4Runner until it was clear that I needed something more capable to run easy trails like Gemini Bridges without drama.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

i-FORCE MAX powertrain, allows 4Runner to tow up to 6,000 pounds. Thats a good option to have for versatility without out having to go truck segment.

M Redwood

Big Bend
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BB,BASE
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
frankly, all these model year changes look very similar to me and have no shock factor like the 21 bronco did and still does. Jeeps have been basically same look since 07 and the last real shock factor off road vehicle was 2000s fj cruiser. toyota could have done so much better with 4runner and land cruiser! even chevy blew the remake of the blazer. ford got it right .

Mark

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is there any information about driver's seat headroom in the 2025 4Runners? At six-three, I can ride comfortably in our 2019 Ranger Lariat, but my head brushes the ceiling of the 2024 4Runners, which is disqualifying. This is a huge issue for me, as we are now shopping for our next vehicle, looking at the 2024 Bronco Outerbanks, the 2024 Land Cruiser, and the 2025 4Runner.

Edit: We test-drove a Bronco Outer Banks yesterday. There was plenty of headroom for me, and the wife loved it! Game over! Will take delivery in the Fall...

Last edited:

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

1958 LC here I come. On 34s it will be great, which should be simple.
I had a 5th Gen TRD Pro 4Runner and it was painfully slow. Do not care for the looks of 6th Gen at all.

nc-hiker

Black Diamond
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid, 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The more I see it the more I don't like it. I think it looks like a beefy RAV4. If I were in the market I think I would be snatching up a 2024 while they're still around, much better looking.

I'm still really wanting to see what/if Toyota offers something shorter like an FJ. I would really like to see Nissan revive the Xterra based off the new Frontier. That would be a day 1 buy for me.

There's a lot of rumors about a baby Land Cruiser on the way.
Sponsored