Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Man I haven't seen a 4runner that I thought was ugly but If it looks like that it would be. Although the hybrid V6 sounds promising.
Sponsored

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting. Give us that color option for the bronco. And a more cactusy cactus color.

Desert_Brush

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Base
It might be competition on the trail but if you can't take off the roof or doors it's not in the competition for overall experience. In my opinion.
Your profile picture checks out. It definitely feels more fun when the roof and doors are off. I may lose some miles per gallon, but gain more smiles per gallon.

Heelabaloo

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester, Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That rendering seems to have the Jeep “angry eyes” built in, its rather unfortunate. Toyota might want to rethink that one.

Sponsored

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can’t simply order whatever you want from Toyota. You have to pay a down payment to a Dealer to get you something that comes as close as possible to what you want, then make whatever concessions are needed to get what’s available. The rendering looks like the same 32” tires of today. It’ll probably take a hefty BMC to fit 33’s and a body lift to get 35’s under there (and I’m a Toyota fan boy :LOL:)

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Remember in the depths of the Bronco launch delays people thought they were going to jump ship for a redesigned '23 4Runner? :LOL:
Of course! I was one of them 🤣. I love my Bronco but the wait was killing me. I will say, I really wish Ford offered a plug-in hybrid like the 4xe. I work from home so the majority my trips are short and I have a heavy foot so my MPGs are 🤮. Also, I want to park at one of the electric charging stations when I do go to work. I just think a Bronco charging next to all the other smaller cars would be great

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would pay several thousands of dollars ($5-$10k) for a non-removable metal roof option on the Bronco....different strokes for different folks.
Same. We absolutely love our Bronco, the only issue we are having is the tiring wind noise for the useless (for us) removable hard top. Don’t tell me to buy a 4Runner instead, it’s a 9 year old archaic vehicle with an underpowered engine and old tech. Don’t tell me to buy a defender, it’s overpriced, unreliable and expensive to maintain.

The Bronco is perfect for what we are looking for if it wasn’t for that hardtop. I would pay 5K extra to have a normal roof with higher load capacity and less wind noise.

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I would be shocked if Toyota puts the 3.5L V-6 hybrid powertrain into the 4runner like they did with the Sequoia. If they are only doing an I-4 hybrid in the Tacoma then that would seem to be what they will do with the 4runner too.

Sponsored

brrke

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 NA8 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

No manual, no care

Aside from that it is pretty good looking

Also, in our region at least, getting an order in for a Toyota is much harder
Hey if you ordered a race red hertiage edition, im legally required to ask you to switch your colour so we don't match here in Vancouver..

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would be shocked if Toyota puts the 3.5L V-6 hybrid powertrain into the 4runner like they did with the Sequoia. If they are only doing an I-4 hybrid in the Tacoma then that would seem to be what they will do with the 4runner too.
I agree, only issue is the hybrid tax toyota charges kills all the value.

Reactions: Fly

JIMBAD1

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 4Runner V8, 67 Dodge R/T, 71 Honda 750 K1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
David at Automotive Press is the most reliable source on Toyotas out there on YouTube in my opinion. He's a Toyota engineer and consultant with connections in Japan.

Is 4Runner6G new? Bronco 6G and all of it's affiliate sites are the best forums online. I spend way too much time on all of them. I have A Bronco Badlands and a 4th Gen V8 4Runner so I like both.

Here is his latest video on the 4Runner and Land Cruiser Prado that is arriving soon.

Ford Bronco Upcoming Competition: 2025 Toyota 4Runner Hybrid is expected (and EV possible) IMG_6804.JPG

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Intriguing. Will wait for confirmation and full details, but if my Bronco is still holding value in a couple years...
Sponsored