Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also a bunch of spoiled russian kids (14-16) riding quads and dirtbikes through town to get there.

All ya need is for one of them to get in trouble and start running his mouth, especially as it's semi-private property
I've seen videos of "gangs of quads" or dirt bikes riding through cities, looks like it's a massive nuisance.

We get old white guys with side by sides driving them everywhere, and not able to keep up with traffic. :LOL:
Sponsored

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm sure the only viable option for any serious off-roaders at most would be a PHEV, but even then, those same "hard core" people would probably refuse to even consider it.
Personally, I enjoy the quietness and nature sounds while I'm out off-roading, so I ruled out "upgrading" my exhaust. I could only imagine how quiet and cool it'd be to only hear the tires crunching leaves in the fall, or fresh snow, and nothing else. :unsure:
The Wrangler 4xe is pretty nice. Nearly bought one last November. Crap trade in offer for my truck was only reason I didn't get it.

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've seen videos of "gangs of quads" or dirt bikes riding through cities, looks like it's a massive nuisance.

We get old white guys with side by sides driving them everywhere, and not able to keep up with traffic. :LOL:
I'm from the suburbs of Jersey, I've seen those quads in the city (NYC), always interesting to watch, and how lawless it's become (you can pull u-turns in front of cops without a reaction)

Looking for new offroad buddies though, I wanna put my girl through the paces without following Quads

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
when they released the current gen Blazer I knew they would never do a real Blazer again. the current blazer is an aberration that no GM fan should be proud of
For some reason every time I see a new Blazer on the road I imagine the other car in their driveway being a Pontiac Aztec…

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
There is still a hole in the market for a full size Bronco/K5 equivalent.

Competing against Wrangler and Bronco would honestly be pretty dumb on GMs part. A new K5 based on a full size (shortened) Silverado frame on the other hand...

The trick would be to avoid competing with Tahoe. Or just bring back the 2-door Tahoe.

Sponsored

OJzBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX, Platinum Sequoia
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If a gas powered “Bronco rival” is out - than just admit that any Bronco rival is out. Because there is no EV that can rival a Bronco.

City slickers would buy it. Nobody else.
Welcome back H3! 😂

ried

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For most people, there's one source of electricity available: Your local utility company. Usually that's a regulated monopoly that does what the government wants it to do. So, if the utility company / government decides that you're only getting a certain amount of electricity, or only at certain times of the night, there's little you can do about it (if anything).

Gas = freedom.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If a gas powered “Bronco rival” is out - than just admit that any Bronco rival is out. Because there is no EV that can rival a Bronco.

Do you really say city slickers without irony?

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For most people, there's one source of electricity available: Your local utility company. Usually that's a regulated monopoly that does what the government wants it to do. So, if the utility company / government decides that you're only getting a certain amount of electricity, or only at certain times of the night, there's little you can do about it (if anything).

Gas = freedom.
What the hell are you talking about lol. Do you know what a generator is? What solar panels are? What a wind turbine is?

Do you think the government is LESS involved in gasoline?

LolaD

Outer Banks
First Name
Lola
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Me! I'm a city slicker! I would buy one!

Sponsored

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you really say city slickers without irony?
For some users, it's just good to see them figuring out how to use the Internet. They're probably only a few years away from using a Jitterbug phone. 👴

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Me! I'm a city slicker! I would buy one!
Right? Like, they say city slickers and no one else, but who do they think the majority of people are? Dense populations means lots of people... That doesn't seem like it would be a problem to market to "city slickers" 😆

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm glad GM decided not to make a Blazer, everything they remake ends up :poop:

Reality is something like the Chevy Colorado ZR2 will do most things the Bronco or Wrangler can do. No removable top or doors but better cargo and towing. Given a fairly limited market it probably doesn't make financial sense for GM.
Reality is something like the Ford Ranger will do most things the Bronco or Wrangler can do. No removable top or doors but better cargo and towing. Given a fairly limited market it probably doesn't make financial sense for Ford.

Sounds a little silly, doesn't it? Ford made their own market with the 6G, just like it did with the 1G, and just like GM did with the Blazer all those years ago. GM doesn't need anyone to make apologies for their failures. They had their chance to rectify decades of trash, and chose to double down instead.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well duh…. GM CEO Mary Barra has stated repeatedly GM will produce passenger EV’s only by 2035.

Close thread.

OJzBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX, Platinum Sequoia
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What the hell are you talking about lol. Do you know what a generator is? What solar panels are? What a wind turbine is?

Do you think the government is LESS involved in gasoline?
I’d just mix up my own gasoline substitute. I’ll share the recipe. 1/2 cup sugar and 1/4 cup salt per each gallon of water.
Sponsored