First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think as more options for aftermarket soft tops become available, and I'm not a big fan of the current hard top, that'll I'll get the top that comes with the truck and just wait.
Should be just fine.
HAHAHA this happened to me when I lived in SoCal but the other way around. I live in Houston Texas for reference.

There was a meteorologist on the news with the color coded map in the background. They were going on about this dangerous heat wave and the colors they used instead of green, yellow, and MAYBE a bit of red for temperatures in the mid 90s (with dry heat do not bad to me), they chose red, and then like purple, white, like super intense colors one might see for a tornado or something. ?

Man do I miss that weather though.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The white top will likely be a modular top with $1895 price. I plan on getting the MIC grey top with MY 21 purchase and then taking it to X-Line to have it sprayed white, along with fender flares. Estimated additional costs of about $750.
the $1895 is the difference between the Modular top and the MIC top! The MIC Top is $695 more than the Soft Top. Soft tops are about $1500, so that would be $4,090 for a painted modular top. You probably will have to buy it unpainted, for around $3500-$4000, and then pay a shop to paint it for you is my guess.

OP
OP
IfIHMadeA2021Scout

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where did you see thatbit will be $1200 for dual tops?
Math and speculation. It's just a guess.

There is a $695.00 extra charge for the MIC hardtop on a 4 door. Just get the soft top and you don't spend that money. If the modular top is $1,895.00 as someone mentioned, the difference is $1,200.00.

I figure if Ford sells a painted or molded white top (I did not see it specified, they just mentioned white) through the dealerships I would pick one up if it was only a couple of grand or so.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No way the over the parts counter modular top from Ford comes in at less than $3k when they finally get some inventory. By the time you pay shipping and to have it painted it'll likely be close to $4k.

Sponsored

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Math and speculation. It's just a guess.

There is a $695.00 extra charge for the MIC hardtop on a 4 door. Just get the soft top and you don't spend that money. If the modular top is $1,895.00 as someone mentioned, the difference is $1,200.00.

I figure if Ford sells a painted or molded white top (I did not see it specified, they just mentioned white) through the dealerships I would pick one up if it was only a couple of grand or so.
The email I got from Ford for my WildTrak was very clear. They were replacing the modular top it was supposed to have with a MIC top and refunding the price difference of $1895.00. $1895 is the upcharge to from MIC to Modular. The B&P says $695 to go from Soft Top to MIC, so the only thing you can speculate on is how much credit they are giving for the Soft Top to the price of the MIC. My guess is $1500, and I guarantee it will not be much less than that(though it could be more). If you want to buy a modular hard top standalone, and paint it white, expect to have $4000-$5000 tied up in it, otherwise you will be dissapointed.

kbBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2019 Honda Rebel 300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The white top will likely be a modular top with $1895 price. I plan on getting the MIC grey top with MY 21 purchase and then taking it to X-Line to have it sprayed white, along with fender flares. Estimated additional costs of about $750.
This is my plan as well! Glad you got a quote for the damage. Just solidifies my decision

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
[/QUOTE]
the $1895 is the difference between the Modular top and the MIC top! The MIC Top is $695 more than the Soft Top. Soft tops are about $1500, so that would be $4,090 for a painted modular top. You probably will have to buy it unpainted, for around $3500-$4000, and then pay a shop to paint it for you is my guess.
That's right. I'll keep my Line-X painted white MIC top that I will have paid all in about $2,645 for, vs. the $4,100 for the modular top.

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am in the soft top camp. Since I am considering Oxford White, I was originally going to reach out to the B6G community to see if anyone was interested in me ordering the color matched top as a surrogate for the cost difference. The color matched was originally planned as a duel top option. I'd still have my soft top and someone else would have the coveted white top.

Gangstead

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BD 4DR 7MT Soft
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm glad I found this thread. I had been thinking I'd save $2k now and live with the soft top. Then buy the white top later for $2k. It's pretty eye popping to see that it will be more like >$4k.

I guess my new new plan is stick with the soft top and hope for an aftermarket white top.

For people who are familiar with the Jeep after market, how do 3rd party hard tops compare on price and quality?

Sponsored

Bronco88

Black Diamond
First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Going with soft top from factory doesn't give you the windshield washer nozzle, or rear arm connections that function with the hard top, meaning you would need to upgrade that as well, if possible.

Gangstead

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BD 4DR 7MT Soft
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Going with soft top from factory doesn't give you the windshield washer nozzle, or rear arm connections that function with the hard top, meaning you would need to upgrade that as well, if possible.
For the rear wiper? Looking at the picture that was on here the other day that won't be missing out on very much. I've driven a few cars with them (Outback, 4Runner, Odyssey) and they get used once or twice a year and then you find out the tiny blade has rotted and it's some whacky size that costs more than a regular wiper.
Sponsored