Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the ADV Fiberglass hardtop on order. Do you know if this would work with that top?
Sponsored

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Fords online spare parts cataloge literally gives you everything you need to all but auto-generate a FEM mesh of all the primary structures. You don't need to model the entire body/vehicle if you're just measuring torsion/flex/whatever in the primary tub across the mount points.

This is bog standard analysis when assessing foreign... systems... and estimating what their dynamics could be. Scalar build from reference imagery, mask, analyze. The ford online catalog would make this task exceedingly easy- scalar isometric views of almost everything.

An articulation test would be easy, I just think a FEA would be faster (based on stuff I do). As in "guys, here's the part numbers. Go model and crank me out a structural analysis by the end of the day" type easy.
Are you kidding? A 2D isometric view of a 3D structure, WITHOUT wall thicknesses (sheet thicknesses) and you can build BOTH a 3D CAD and a FEA model from such? No information about spot and seam welds, obviously. Just nonsense, utter nonsense. It sounds like you have not done either discipline (3D CAD, FEA). I have done both, extensively.

OP
OP
GoatFab

GoatFab

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
During design we made some changes to create a developed height to support this area of the hard top. It does a great job to help stop the hard top rattles and creaks.

Don't forget our early Black Friday sale to keep up with demand use code EARLYBF for 30% off and free shipping!!

GOAT Bronco 4-Door Cage Cross Brace Stiffener - GOAT Fabrication

Ford Bronco GOAT Fabrication Factory Cage Roll Bar Reinforcement System (cage tie) top support

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ll never buy a Bronco product that launches only for four doors, because it’s a sure sign that company doesn’t even know what a Bronco is.
80% of Broncos sold are four door. Follow the money, not the whiners

351W-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1969 Bronco, 2001 Excursion (7.3L)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So.....another question, for those of us who have a soft top, and a JTop shade, if the brace goes OVER the JTop, then how would we access the light switches on the cross bar?
From the product page;

"These lights can tie into your open door system and/or upfitter switches for on demand lighting."

Sponsored
OP
OP
GoatFab

GoatFab

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm not that familiar with that top, it wasn't developed around or purposely for that top.

Adam

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
JTop is a Binimi shade that can work with both hard and soft tops. Like the pic shown earlier for the raptor, the shade went underneath the JTop. My question still stands. Even if the light is tied into the system in the vehicle, the light will come on ABOVE the top, so it would be filtered out from the shade. Also, it looks like the bar itself can control the lights. I am just trying to get a sense of how it all works.

OP
OP
GoatFab

GoatFab

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
JTop is a Binimi shade that can work with both hard and soft tops. Like the pic shown earlier for the raptor, the shade went underneath the JTop. My question still stands. Even if the light is tied into the system in the vehicle, the light will come on ABOVE the top, so it would be filtered out from the shade. Also, it looks like the bar itself can control the lights. I am just trying to get a sense of how it all works.

I do understand the top, but not installing one before or seeing it in person its tough to answer those questions. It might be possible to rearrange the stacking order? Not sure how much light the mesh blocks or doesn't. The light button itself is push button so I'm sure you could push that. how much light it blocks? I don't know.

I would like to see what can be installed in what order to make them work together.

Adam

OP
OP
GoatFab

GoatFab

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
From the product page;

"These lights can tie into your open door system and/or upfitter switches for on demand lighting."
On a soft top application you can mount this under
From the product page;

For the soft top guys this can mount under your mesh top. So no issues if you are running the mesh and soft top configuration.

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST | 23 Challenger SP 1320
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got one ordered so will find out soon enough but was curious if you can wire so white light comes on with doors and red light is on toggle?

Sponsored

Rockledge

Base
First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Race Red Sasquatch , 1951 Willy's M-38
Your Bronco Model
Base
Rear support brace first cut, no real info yet. We still need to form and finish.
Just the concept start and hope to have more info later this week with connection points and the other component details.

Thanks

Adam
Ford Bronco GOAT Fabrication Factory Cage Roll Bar Reinforcement System (cage tie) top support

Very interested in how the Rear support brace will be attached to the top rear structure.