First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I am not versed on the electronics of the Bronco, but when I read the description on their website, to me this is indicative of being able to tie into the circuit so that when your door opens or you unlock the Bronco, this light is activated like the existing ones. @GoatFab any chance you can shed additional clarification as to if that is possible?

Screenshot 2023-11-06 at 10.31.15ā€ÆAM.png

The idea behind the light was to offer something that fits the masses. Tying in the light to the door system or the turning on of the factory light would enable you to also turn on this light. My thought or preference was to tie into an upfitter switch to use mostly when off road and toggle between the white and red light. Again, this is how I intended personally to use mine.

There are a ton of inexpensive LED light options available should you just want to have a dome light that then would be connected to automatically turn on when the doors are open. (no switch)

Most of these LED dome lights can be found for around $10 should this be the desired use of a light.

Again, I was trying to supply something that was more offroad focused.

Adam
Sponsored

WildtrakBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The idea behind the light was to offer something that fits the masses. Tying in the light to the door system or the turning on of the factory light would enable you to also turn on this light. My thought or preference was to tie into an upfitter switch to use mostly when off road and toggle between the white and red light. Again, this is how I intended personally to use mine.

There are a ton of inexpensive LED light options available should you just want to have a dome light that then would be connected to automatically turn on when the doors are open. (no switch)

Most of these LED dome lights can be found for around $10 should this be the desired use of a light.

Adam
Thanks for the quick insight, Adam.

I'm looking forward to installing my bar in the upcoming week or so.

WildtrakBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

one more follow-up...

I got the bar installed today. Even for 1 person, removing the panels and putting the bar in was doable without much frustration.

I do have to ask though, why make it so the customers have to disassemble the bar in order to connect the wiring for the light? I guess that's my only real whine about it.

OP
OP
GoatFab

GoatFab

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
one more follow-up...

I got the bar installed today. Even for 1 person, removing the panels and putting the bar in was doable without much frustration.

I do have to ask though, why make it so the customers have to disassemble the bar in order to connect the wiring for the light? I guess that's my only real whine about it.
We assemble it for shipping purposes to minimize any loose parts scratching anything. Also demonstrates how it is assembled.

Adam

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Received my cage tie yesterday from Adam and the install couldn't have been easier and of course his product is rock solid. Wired the light to my last remaining upfitter and it is an awesome touch. I'm going to turn on the night red and go on a recon mission tonight. šŸ˜Š you as always for the great products and excellent communication.
BTW, flipping on the light on the cross Brace is no different than turning on or off the map light so I can't fathom why anyone is complaining about Adam's set up. Don't use it if it is too much effort to reach above your head and push a button. Debutantes.

@GoatFab .

20231111_113441.jpg
20231111_113456.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Glove_fits

Black Diamond
First Name
SLMW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M2, M3, 2 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a hardtop with bestop sunrider retractable section for the front, just installed the goatfab reinforcement and can confirm it fits. theres two shims with the sunrider (bolt hole closest to front of cage tie in) that I removed since the thickness of the new cage tie-in substituted the height. The early devo pics and many angles in this thread gave me some confidence it would fit. just wanted to share for anyone else wondering or wishing to replicate
Ford Bronco GOAT Fabrication Factory Cage Roll Bar Reinforcement System (cage tie) IMG_4852.JPG

B_Dominant

Big Bend
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FORD BRONCO SASQUATCH
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@GoatFab do you offer this without the lazer cut goat logo? Thanks

dvldawg

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Installed mine last night. Super easy install. Solid piece. Will hook up light later. Thanks Adam and GOAT Fabrication!

Bought2Break

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base

Adam

Sponsored

Bought2Break

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Over thanksgiving weekend I was able to install my sport cage from Adam few things the hole placement to the factory mounting was perfect. Few key notes for anyone with a best top soft top and has the factory hardtop brackets. My bronco is a 23. You will have to remove the factory hard top brackets due to the thickness of material with the all three brackets in place causes the best top outside top rail to lift in the Z direction and become un even with the rear rail. Positive the goat sport cage and the oem hard top brackets are the same thickness allowing you to just remove the oem bracket and still use the same shims that best top provides. Great finish light was easy to install I tied it into wiring I had running to the rear of the bronco for my fridge and arb compressor. You can run constant power if you want to just control the light.

Ford Bronco GOAT Fabrication Factory Cage Roll Bar Reinforcement System (cage tie) IMG_2645

Ford Bronco GOAT Fabrication Factory Cage Roll Bar Reinforcement System (cage tie) IMG_2646

NMU98

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is this design going any further with other parts?

Gluestick

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine arrived today. The fit and finish of the steel cross member pieces is outstanding. Great job on powder coating.

I have questions about mounting (probably ought to include some basic instructions):

- is there any reason to mount the pieces 3-holes front, back, or half-and-half? Pics seem to show it all sorts of ways. Maybe it doesnā€™t matter but maybe thereā€™s some logic here I donā€™t know.

- when you say hardware included, what kind? Pics show some stainless button head screws, but Iā€™m looking at a koozie, electrical wire and black plastic push fasteners. Am I missing anything here?

- on hardware, for a hard tops, reuse existing bolts or should I be doing something else?

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine arrived today. The fit and finish of the steel cross member pieces is outstanding. Great job on powder coating.

I have questions about mounting (probably ought to include some basic instructions):

- is there any reason to mount the pieces 3-holes front, back, or half-and-half? Pics seem to show it all sorts of ways. Maybe it doesnā€™t matter but maybe thereā€™s some logic here I donā€™t know.

- when you say hardware included, what kind? Pics show some stainless button head screws, but Iā€™m looking at a koozie, electrical wire and black plastic push fasteners. Am I missing anything here?

- on hardware, for a hard tops, reuse existing bolts or should I be doing something else?
Yes you reuse the bolts that are in the roll bars of the vehicle. The same bolts that are holding the hardtop plates. As far as the buttonheads, when mine came, the buttonheads were already installed holding the top and the bottom together. I find it hard to believe yours aren't installed as well.

Gluestick

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got no button head bolts/screws nuts. Pieces were placed correctly together but not fastened to each other.
Sponsored