Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So.. do I have to wait to get this email from Ford or can I just call at anytime?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have seen other dealers talk about what ill call “drop shipping” vehicles in other locations. Is this possible?
Possible just not probable. Call your local dealership to see if they will do one...most will not

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have read that Ford offers “drop shipping” to various authorized locations, usually a customization shop like Maxlider Motors in Illinois for example. So, theoretically, you can order your Bronco through your preferred dealer and then have Ford “drop ship” directly to your location of choice, maybe avoiding a long road trip. Do you have any additional details about this, and would this be something Granger could offer to people who switch to your dealership from out of state?
First question already answered, thanks. Second question - I have Xplan pricing and two FE's on reservation. If Ford does not offer Xplan on FE what would be my pricing? Thanks in adavnce.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Quotes for both open and enclosed transports? Would like to see the price comparison, especially if the Ford protection film is left on the Bronco.
I quoted through Montway to just get a rough estimate. I used a Wrangler Unlimited as the vehicle so probably a tad too small.

From Granger to Atlanta I got ~$1300 enclosed or $1050 open. Seems like a no brainer to go enclosed at that point.

In reality if XPlan is accepted buying from a local dealer will likely be a very similar cost to invoice - $1,000. But the service and interactions Ive had so far with Granger vs pretty much any Ford dealer ever Im going to give them my business.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would be willing to switch my reservations to Granger if the drop ship is a option, I'm in NC. Sorry if this question was already answered but couldn't find it. I have Xplan pricing and two FE's on reservation. If Ford does not offer Xplan on FE what would be my pricing? Thanks in adavnce.

Drop shipping is up to the receiving dealership and you would need to work tha out with them..

None have had luck so far with that and their Bonco reservations.

The dealership getting the Bronco dropped at their door, do not make any money on it, so if they do one, your delivery experience may be sub par putting it nicely.

I understand wanting the price we have and all but we would rather be in control of the vehicle through delivery.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I quoted through Montway to just get a rough estimate. I used a Wrangler Unlimited as the vehicle so probably a tad too small.

From Granger to Atlanta I got ~$1300 enclosed or $1050 open. Seems like a no brainer to go enclosed at that point.

In reality if XPlan is accepted buying from a local dealer will likely be a very similar cost to invoice - $1,000. But the service and interactions Ive had so far with Granger vs pretty much any Ford dealer ever Im going to give them my business.
Ditto, I'm not getting a warm feeling from my local dealers. They seem clueless. I'll give them aliitle more time but a road trip to Iowa with my son might be a good option.

PuffDr4gon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Second question - I have Xplan pricing and two FE's on reservation. If Ford does not offer Xplan on FE what would be my pricing? Thanks in adavnce.
@Granger Ford I also I have an FE reservation and considering switching to your dealer. I'm A/X plan eligible. Any feedback on this?

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Granger Ford I also I have an FE reservation and considering switching to your dealer. I'm A/X plan eligible. Any feedback on this?
Been told it is going to be in place on the Bronco but when I ask about the FE they wobble so waiting for them to firm that up for me.

Sponsored

Deano Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Drop shipping is up to the receiving dealership and you would need to work tha out with them..

None have had luck so far with that and their Bonco reservations.

The dealership getting the Bronco dropped at their door, do not make any money on it, so if they do one, your delivery experience may be sub par putting it nicely.

I understand wanting the price we have and all but we would rather be in control of the vehicle through delivery.
Wouldn't the receiving dealership actually lose money since they would still have to prep it? I couldn't imagine a scenario that a competing dealer would say yes.

I purchased a new car from a dealership in California and had it dropped ship from the factory to my local dealer in Indiana. The difference was that it was a limited production Mustang that my local dealer could not sell plus I have a great relationship with them.

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wouldn't the receiving dealership actually lose money since they would still have to prep it? I couldn't imagine a scenario that a competing dealer would say yes.

I purchased a new car from a dealership in California and had it dropped ship from the factory to my local dealer in Indiana. The difference was that it was a limited production Mustang that my local dealer could not sell plus I have a great relationship with them.
I'm not sure of the cost implications I just know one of the other dealers was offering that scenario so I figured I would ask. Maybe the are part of a bigger dealer network (Sonic, Penske, etc) that allows them to use sister dealers. Not sure.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The relationship helps and limited availability vehicle but the Bronco is just a number to them that they do not get to sell..

Dealerships seem to forget that people need service and repairs on their new vehicles, they could start with that notion, not the sour grapes of oh we didn't get the sale..

We get paid a small sum to prep and deliver one but it does not go far...

We do have company cars come in some times and managers get them handled as we are representing the company not worried about the commissionwe are losing helping somebody out.

Deano Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not sure of the cost implications I just know one of the other dealers was offering that scenario so I figured I would ask. Maybe the are part of a bigger dealer network (Sonic, Penske, etc) that allows them to use sister dealers. Not sure.
Yeah, I could possibly see it if it was a very large dealer network.

FireSquatch

Black Diamond
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am also wondering how Xplan is going to work out on this vehicle. I switched my reservation to Granger Ford yesterday and look forward to buy from them. Will they also honor First Responders and healthcare worker discounts?
Sponsored