Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
HOLD STEADY! - Reasons Why

1) Dropping constraints guarantees NOTHING - from Ford's Bronco Order Modification Private Offer FAQs " removing Molded-In Color Hardtop, Sasquatch Package, Lux Package or shifting from Wildtrak series will improve the likelihood of getting a Bronco in 2023 model year."

2) Customers who've dropped have gotten screwed - I read Granger order holder posts from January where people with Base Sasquatch, MIC who switched to different trims (BD, BL, etc) did NOT get scheduled January 26 when 112 Granger folks did. I called Samantha the day before my Base SAS MIC got scheduled to switch to Badlands, but luckily she said I was previewing and she couldn't change my order.

3) Many have already canceled or changed orders - Ford's incentive strategy has already been effective. I've read many posts of people that dropped constraints, bought off the lot w/$2500 discount or cancelled altogether. Every one of these instances is beneficial for those who do nothing!

4) Granger discount too valuable give up - Taking the $2500 discount to buy off the lot makes sense for folks with orders at a dealer who've agreed to sell at MSRP. If you can find a suitable vehicle, losing price protection is about offset by the $2500 offer and gets you a vehicle sooner. Granger folks with $1000 or $2000 below invoice lose $2-3k by buying off lot at a different dealer.

5) SAS & NON-SAS are completely different vehicles - Dropping the Sasquatch constraint buys you a totally different vehicle with less after market value. If you have the SAS constraint, settling for any trim w/o SAS is a big mistake (except maybe Badlands) and the $2500 you save will not offset the disappointment you feel every time you pass a SAS Bronco on the road.

6) Ford won't leave you hanging - Ford is serious about building ALL order holders in MY23! Price protection for early orders is worth close to $5000 after the latest price increases. Offering an extra $2500 on top of this to modify orders shows Ford means business. They won't make $$ on those Broncos! Ford easily has the capacity to build all orders by November and I cannot conceive of them leaving a few thousand people w/o a Bronco after 3 years. The PR hassle is bigger than just taking care of those customers.

7) You can always drop constraints AFTER March 7 - MY23 will get built well into the fall, so if you are really worried you'll be left out come July or so, you can drop constraints then. I think it will be apparent by then that holding stready was the right strategy.

8) Ford wants your sale! - Related to #6 and contrary to disgruntled folks that claim Ford doesn't care about us, Ford WANTS to sell all of us a Bronco. It's in Ford's interest to have a long list of reservations when order banks open back up. Building all orders will push new orders further out the schedule. This shows scarcity and demand, causing new customers to want the product more. Keeping the product hot also means not having orders holders who waited 3 years and got screwed posting all over the net how pissed they are.

Don't let FOMO cloud your judgement! Buy the Bronco you want and don't compromise.
This is up there with Bert Kreischer's "I'll never stop drinking" speech for motivation 😂

It very well may be terrible advice, but I want to believe!
Sponsored

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Half Agree with, but definitely not the "ford won't leave you hanging". I won't claim you're new here, but are you new here?! "The PR hassle is bigger than just taking care of those customers." What!!?! It's negligible if they are even neutral if they care, but the past 2 years action's they've shown they don't care at all lol. Now dangle an extra $5k per bronco by voiding PP that they could reclaim and show wall street . That's something Ford could get behind. lol

Yeah I don't buy #6 and #8 that's for sure. Ford won't leave us hanging? You mean anymore than they already have? I get they want people to jump so they offered both a carrot and a stick, but man that's gonna be wild if they really tell people who put down a reservation in 2020 that they're rolling into a 2024 and also are being penalized $4k or whatever the price protection will be worth then. I'm assuming there will be another price increase at that time as well that we'd have to eat. At that point may as well just buy a new 4 Runner.

David T

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor (Ford Truck)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
While @Zach@Granger did not get specific he did say "Our numbers changed slightly, but we're a small piece of the overall pie."

There has to be a significant number of Granger's customers waiting until the last moment. Zach would not be asking for a decision by 3/3 otherwise.

This leads me to think there has not been a significant move on the order holders part. We all appear prepared to play a game of "Who's brave enough?" .
That is what Samantha told me yesterday, only a small number changed to nonconstrained orders...

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I don't buy #6 and #8 that's for sure. Ford won't leave us hanging? You mean anymore than they already have? I get they want people to jump so they offered both a carrot and a stick, but man that's gonna be wild if they really tell people who put down a reservation in 2020 that they're rolling into a 2024 and also are being penalized $4k or whatever the price protection will be worth then. I'm assuming there will be another price increase at that time as well that we'd have to eat. At that point may as well just buy a new 4 Runner.
Right, major corporations like Ford that are publicly traded only care about the next 4 quarters. Sure you may never buy a Ford again, but that's not a problem for Ford today. There will be hundreds of people at your specific dealer that have been waiting since last March when order banks closed to order a bronco at whatever price it's offered at because they have no PP lol. Ford will increase their vehicle price per transaction, and wall street will be happy. I'm partially convinced this is a way for Ford to drop a ton of orders that are going to lose them money but save face saying "we told you to drop" knowing people who waited 2.5 years aren't going to drop features they've waited this long for

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

5) SAS & NON-SAS are completely different vehicles - Dropping the Sasquatch constraint buys you a totally different vehicle with less after market value. If you have the SAS constraint, settling for any trim w/o SAS is a big mistake (except maybe Badlands) and the $2500 you save will not offset the disappointment you feel every time you pass a SAS Bronco on the road.

Don't let FOMO cloud your judgement! Buy the Bronco you want and don't compromise.
I agree with much of what you said, except for some of point number 5. It is not a totally different vehicle, and you can retrofit just about anything you want to it.

I have a non-sasquatch Outer Banks, except I have a Badlands suspension (shocks/springs) and a HOSS 3.0 steering rack. Sure, I don't have a front locker (currently), but I have just about everything else. If I want to add a front locker, I easily could (and probably will since I just got a FDU and rear gears for a great price) or I will install the Torsen as I originally planned.

As far as resale value, I am not planning to sell it, so I am less concerned about that. The bottom line is that it's not a totally different vehicle, and the fact that I am looking at under $40k for an OBX adv 4x4 with aux, high, and tow vs over $50k for a WildTrak with lux and tow. I can do quite a bit with $10k for modifications.

George Ellis

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350 DRW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not a Granger customer and a sample of 1, BUT:

You can see my res date and order date in my signature. I took 2 days to decide after the announcement and dropped SAS, MIC, and LUX from my BL order. 2 weeks later, I was moved to production for 3/13. I am at a smaller dealer near Dahlonega, GA (Chestatee), so allocation would be constrained normally.

Maybe it was a hidden award for being an early adopter. Or Luck. I am a sample of 1.

So it is like a Dirty Harry movie, "Do you feel lucky punk?"

PS - Oh, I ADDED Tow when I dropped the rest.

FlatOverCrest

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G55, Sprinter, 964, Evo X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Zach@Granger we need data to make an informed decision (gamble) on changing or not.

With only 300’ish outstanding orders, why can we not get data on what those reservations are?

• # of 4 Doors
  • # of 2 Doors
  • Breakdown by Trim and 3 constraints
It’s a 15-30 minute exercise in Excel and would help immensely for customers trying to decide on how to proceed.

No need to share any PII or sensitive data, just de-identified order details. I’m happy to build the template and sort the data.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Same here.
I changed my order for a number of reasons. First, I know that my reservation is late in the queue. Second, two doors, it's already enough of a crap shoot. Third, the money was an incentive.

The current MSRP of the modified order is $51,020. The price I should be seeing (after the Granger deal, price protection, and the $2500) $39k for an Outer Banks 2d 2.7 Adv 4x4 w/ high, aux, tow is nearly unbeatable value for money.

Sure, it's less capable than the Badlands non-sasquatch, but nothing I can't fix for a few dollars (non-sasquatch Badlands 2d 2.7 with high and tow is $6k more - and probably worth it but the girlfriend wants carpet and cloth interior).

The WildTrak with Lux and Tow was going to be well north of $50k with price protection and the Granger deal (current MSRP for that 2 door WildTrak with Lux and Tow is $60,165).

Last edited:

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The current MSRP of the modified order is $51,020. The price I should be seeing (after the Granger deal, price protection, and the $2500) $39k for an Outer Banks 2d 2.7 Adv 4x4 w/ high, aux, tow is nearly unbeatable value for money.
Yes! A reward for "Hangin' in there!”

NathanML

Black Diamond
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Corvette / Royal Enfield Continental GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
All I know is I dropped my 2 door base reservation and switched to a 4 door black diamond soft top and was immediately scheduled. No regrets at all! Can’t wait to get my bronco from GRANGER!

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
All I know is I dropped my 2 door base reservation and switched to a 4 door black diamond soft top and was immediately scheduled. No regrets at all! Can’t wait to get my bronco from GRANGER!
Congratulations!

J.O.

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I changed my order for a number of reasons. First, I know that my reservation is late in the queue. Second, two doors, it's already enough of a crap shoot. Third, the money was an incentive.

Sure, it's less capable than the Badlands non-sasquatch, but nothing I can't fix for a few dollars (non-sasquatch Badlands 2d 2.7 with high and tow is $6k more - and probably worth it but the girlfriend wants carpet and cloth interior).

The WildTrak with Lux and Tow was going to be well north of $50k with price protection and the Granger deal (current MSRP for that 2 door WildTrak with Lux and Tow is $60,165).
I wanted the Squatch but opted for Non-Sas Badlands in 2 doors. According to Tim Bartz, the Ford Video Guy, only 3900 2-doors left in the waiting pool. So, I think we should be alright!
Sponsored