Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went with the Iceco JP50 Pro that holds just over 50 quarts. The Iceco, ARB and Dometic all use the same compressor, the key component for any fridge.

Plus it fits perfectly behind the back seat.

And it’s about half the price of the high end fridges. It also comes with an insulated cover

ICECO JP50 Pro 51.7 Quart Portable Refrigerator, Multi-directional Lid, 12V Car Fridge Freezer, Compact Refrigerator with Secop Compressor, for Car & Home Use, -4℉~50℉, DC 12/24V, AC 110/240V https://a.co/d/1T74NqA

Ford Bronco Great Bronco Fridge Option IMG_6299

I went with an Ecoflow battery to power it overnight.

Regardless of the fridge it’s far superior to ice and nothing beats a cold beverage on a hot day.

BlueWaffle

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco, and a trio of 80s GM's.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco Great Bronco Fridge Option 20230725_154704

I went with a setpower cooler and a 540wh bluetti power station.. just recieved the power station the other day.

Now on hour 40 of powering the cooler, still showing 20% charge... I'm happy.

OP
OP
B Miller

B Miller

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went with a setpower cooler and a 540wh bluetti power station.. just recieved the power station the other day.

Interesting set up for sure. Keep us posted on the results!

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did static tests with my Ecoflow and got a similar result (although not as good as I'm on on a 256Wh unit).

I will say that real world experience wasn't always perfect. I was on the road for a month and a vast majority of the time it worked as expected.

Occasionally I would check in the morning and the battery was dry. No idea why. Not sure if the fridge was drawing excessively or what happened.

Also I had it hooked up Bronco > Ecoflow > Fridge which kept the battery charged while driving. And when you shut the Bronco off it would automatically switch over to the Ecoflow (post the 1 hr delay). My fridge was on the passenger side and the battery to it's left. Occasionally the cord from the Bronco to the Ecoflow would get disconnected. It had to reach over the top of the fridge and opening the door would pull it out from the Bronco.

I would love to find a way to mount the Ecoflow up by the roll bar on the passenger side.

Those are some of my notes. I got use to checking the fridge each morning or even while traveling to insure it was powered up. I never had anything perishable (just drinks) so there weren't any catastrophies.

BlueWaffle

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco, and a trio of 80s GM's.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I did static tests with my Ecoflow and got a similar result (although not as good as I'm on on a 256Wh unit).

I will say that real world experience wasn't always perfect. I was on the road for a month and a vast majority of the time it worked as expected.

Occasionally I would check in the morning and the battery was dry. No idea why. Not sure if the fridge was drawing excessively or what happened.

Also I had it hooked up Bronco > Ecoflow > Fridge which kept the battery charged while driving. And when you shut the Bronco off it would automatically switch over to the Ecoflow (post the 1 hr delay). My fridge was on the passenger side and the battery to it's left. Occasionally the cord from the Bronco to the Ecoflow would get disconnected. It had to reach over the top of the fridge and opening the door would pull it out from the Bronco.

I would love to find a way to mount the Ecoflow up by the roll bar on the passenger side.

Those are some of my notes. I got use to checking the fridge each morning or even while traveling to insure it was powered up. I never had anything perishable (just drinks) so there weren't any catastrophies.
Good notes.. thank you. Leaving tomorrow for a 3 day 'overlanding' trip across the north maine woods.. I'll make sure everything is nice and secure so we don't lose our cool. I'm likely going to also connect up bronco>bluetti>cooler.. makes the most sense I feel like.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good notes.. thank you. Leaving tomorrow for a 3 day 'overlanding' trip across the north maine woods.. I'll make sure everything is nice and secure so we don't lose our cool. I'm likely going to also connect up bronco>bluetti>cooler.. makes the most sense I feel like.
We expect a post-trip report!

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Looks nice In a 4-door, but I doubt it will fit in a bronco without turning sideways

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks nice In a 4-door, but I doubt it will fit in a bronco without turning sideways
Space is the compromise with a 2 door. Including fuel capacity. But you knew that going in.

Sponsored

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So I run an Amazon special Alpicool. It’s plenty of room, fits perfect. Has an app and eco mode. Uses an LG compressor so plenty of quality. Has been on a 2,500 mile trip in the Bronco, been on hundreds of miles of off-road trails, rock crawling, jumps, whoops etc. no issues. It was $200… I run it off my cheap 300 watt Jackery when my Bronco isn’t running. The Jackery will run it all afternoon and all night. I borrowed my buddies Jackery 100 watt solar panel and as you can see… the solar panel charges the battery faster then the fridge drains it.
No complaints and all in, I’m still cheaper then most name brand fridges by themselves.

5A8ADB91-DA64-45A9-B8C1-E2C0A06998C5.jpeg

2D86146B-45CE-4BB0-A12B-9E0339518E68.jpeg

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak