Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@Baja Designs

Are your products all made in the US? Are they made from products made in the US?
As much US content as possible is used in our lights and they are all assembled in the US. We have two facilities in San Diego, one is offocie and production space, with the other being our machine shop where we machine most of the bezels, housings, etc. Circuit boards are all populated here in the San Diego area, as well as our coatings and finishes.

That said, it is near impossible to source everything from the US. LEDS, electrical components, etc. even when of the utmost quality, tend to come from overseas.

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
We typically only sell lights as a package which includes the brackets and lights, sometimes with wiring as well.

The Squadron SAE is our on road-compliant light. You can find it in our SAE fog pocket kit.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Squadron SAE is our on road-compliant light. You can find it in our SAE fog pocket kit.
I think this is answering my question above. Yeah, I was referring to the fog kit, thanks. So would the SAE fogs be on a different aux switch than the other two (four, technically)?

Sponsored

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As much US content as possible is used in our lights and they are all assembled in the US. We have two facilities in San Diego, one is offocie and production space, with the other being our machine shop where we machine most of the bezels, housings, etc. Circuit boards are all populated here in the San Diego area, as well as our coatings and finishes.

That said, it is near impossible to source everything from the US. LEDS, electrical components, etc. even when of the utmost quality, tend to come from overseas.

Look forward to see what other things you come out with for the Bronco.

WOuld like to see a flush light roof light bar or stealth light bar from inside the windshield light whats made for the Jeep

https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadratec/stealth-led-interior-mount-50-inch-light-bar-jeep-wrangler-jl

kx2vo3raje151.jpg

Video Install and review

Mayflower2010

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think this is answering my question above. Yeah, I was referring to the fog kit, thanks. So would the SAE fogs be on a different aux switch than the other two (four, technically)?
This is a good question, would love an answer…how many AUX switches does the pocked fog set use?

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is a good question, would love an answer…how many AUX switches does the pocked fog set use?
Two switches are provided with the kit. One applies to one pair of lights, the other has a splitter and controls the other two pairs. Typically the single switch is connected to the fog or SAE lights, but you can set it up in any combination.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Two switches are provided with the kit. One applies to one pair of lights, the other has a splitter and controls the other two pairs. Typically the single switch is connected to the fog or SAE lights, but you can set it up in any combination.
Thank you for your input!

Can't wait to grab a kit once I get my Bronco and do a write up on them!

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Look forward to see what other things you come out with for the Bronco.

WOuld like to see a flush light roof light bar or stealth light bar from inside the windshield light whats made for the Jeep

https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadratec/stealth-led-interior-mount-50-inch-light-bar-jeep-wrangler-jl

Ford Bronco Greetings from Baja Designs! kx2vo3raje151

Video Install and review

I would Love to have this stealth set up Made by BD to use with the Cool set up you guys came up with for the MOD bump. It would be super clean and safe.

Sponsored

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would Love to have this stealth set up Made by BD to use with the Cool set up you guys came up with for the MOD bump. It would be super clean and safe.
and no wind noise or resistance!

projectbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My ZR2 has nothing but KC lighting and it is incredible. I have seen the BD lighting on Nick's Peak Suspension ZR2 and it looks amazing as well.

Pricing is slightly higher than KC which is why I went that route but I am excited to see what BD has in store.

I am interested in taking the Bronco down to the shop in person since you guys are not too far away.

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey everyone,

Paul here from Baja Designs, "The Scientists of Lighting", and we're very excited to join the Bronco6g.com community! Located in San Marcos, CA we specialize in high performance LED Lighting. We look forward to getting more involved and providing the best lighting solutions for this new vehicle. Let us know what you would like to see from us! :)

Background:
For 25+ years Baja Designs has engineered revolutionary ways to stay at the forefront of motorcycle and automotive lighting. The first product developed was a Dual Sport Kit that made a pure off road motorcycle minimally street legal. This intimate knowledge motorcycle electrical capabilities led to a natural evolution to engineer the first HID motorcycle race light. Owner/Lead engineer Alan Roach and Product Development Engineer Stephen "Tex" Mitchell were avid Baja 1000 motorcycle racers who were able to fine tune a motorcycle's limited light optics to maximize rider comfort, speed, and safety. As a result, BD light have won every professional and amateur motorcycle and ATV Baja 1000 class for over 15 years.

As our engineers and racers advanced to truck and buggy racing, the next evolution began. The engineers quickly adapted their race winning HID motorcycle lights to their new race vehicles. With amazing speed, BD HID lights were adopted by the vehicle race community and could be found on the majority of Baja 1000 winning vehicles. In the process, BD engineers became well known as “The Scientists of Lighting” and were sought out by professional race teams to develop and aim their vehicle lighting.

LED lights were the next natural evolution of lighting and BD was the first company to develop a forward projecting LED light bar which was introduced and raced in the 2005 Baja 1000. That original LED light bar has evolved into a line of the highest performing and race winning LED lights on the market.

Revolutionizing industry leading lights is not just a job at BD, but a lifelong passion for both the owners and employees. The BD product line is dedicated to being BRIGHTER, BOLDER, and BETTER, which is why we truly are “The Scientists of Lighting”.

Mission:
To bring you the best lights and other innovative products that make your off-road experiences even more fun. Whether you're in a truck, motorcycle, ATV, boat, plane, or tractor, we have something that will truly turn night into day!

www.bajadesigns.com

Phone:
(760)-560-2252 ext. 139

email:
[email protected]

We are offering a 10% Discount to ALL members. This also includes $5 Shipping to the Lower 48! All you have to do is enter coupon code BDForums at checkout. Thanks for constantly supporting Baja Designs (BD) - We are very happy to be part of this community.

Coupon Code: BDForums

Thank You,
Paul, Baja Designs
Hey Paul I was looking at the kits available for the Bronco and to be honest I don't know which light kit is best to go with. I would love to run some lights on the A pillars next to the mirrors but am not sure which one is best for what situation or how good each light is? Plus if I wanted Amber lighting is that going to be coming out too?

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hey Paul I was looking at the kits available for the Bronco and to be honest I don't know which light kit is best to go with. I would love to run some lights on the A pillars next to the mirrors but am not sure which one is best for what situation or how good each light is? Plus if I wanted Amber lighting is that going to be coming out too?
I wish I could give you a short, clean answer :)

Going to throw an immediate curveball at you..

Baja Designs typically recommends that 80% of your lighting package be below your hoodline. Anything above the hood tends to contribute to more glare from fog/dust, You will often get glare off the hood itself as well. Lights on the A-pillar and roof are fantastic solutions to get more distance than you would from a light mounted lower on the car, but are very rarely my recommendation for a first lighting setup. As such, I would typically recommend you start with a fog pocket kit, or just a standalone pair of Squadron Sport, Squadron Pro, XL80s, or LP Series lights on the bumper.

If you have the steel bumper, I believe there is a lot of opportunity to bolt lights directly to the bumper, or use a generic bracket to secure them appropriately. I am not sure that is the case with the plastic bumper, however we will likely release a kit that allows for this on both bumper styles. We just have not gotten there yet.

I assume you started with the A-pillar offering because the other kits are multi-light kits that get up there in price. If you have the steel bumper, I might suggest purchasing whichever combination of lights above that best fit your budget. This will be the most cost effective solution and will also give you the opportunity to purchase the exact lights you want right off the shelf. You can't go wrong with any that I mentioned above in a Driving Combo lens. It might just take a bit of massaging to fit them perfectly. Maybe not the answer you expected, but that is what I personally would do if I had the steel bumper.

Maybe you have the plastic bumper? Give us a few days. We will be releasing a fog pocket kit for this bumper as well. The good news is that it is a two light kit, so it will be priced much more economically - right around $450 if I recall.

Back to your original question - A-Pillar Lights.

What will you be doing with the truck and how do you envision using the A-pillar lights?

You will either be using these as cornering/ditch lights, or driving/distance lights. In the first case, you'd be using them angled outwards, with a Wide Cornering lens. If for driving lights, then you'll want a spot pattern, pointed directly forward. All of the lights offered in the kits are great lights, they just do different things at different intensities. The Squadron Series features a smaller reflector, which is great for nearfield and midfield. As such, it is my recommendation for cornering lights. On the other hand, the XL Series has a larger reflector geared more towards distance. This is great when pointed forward on the A-pillar as it achieves more distance, but also provides a tighter pattern that will contribute to less glare than the wider pattern of the Squadrons. Again, I suggest you buy whichever output intensity best fits your budget and needs.

As for amber. You will likely need to order a lens kit to make the swap yourself. uService is a cool feature on all of our lights. Sometimes, if you are very very nice and we are not insanely busy as we have been, you might be able to sneak a custom order in for amber lenses on a vehicle kit. Though, with how busy these days are, it isn't something we actively offer anymore and will be at the discretion of a sales person if you call in.

Hopefully this answers your questions and is more helpful than confusing. We have a really cool project/set of videos dropping next week. They will cover details and philosophy on each of our zones. I am hoping this will help to better guide you guys, and maybe I won't have to type so much next time we get this question :D. Let me know if I missed anything!

-CF

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow! Tons of great info.

If I get an SAE fog pocket kit can I replace the lens with a spot or combo in the future? Or are the squadron SAE different lights?
Sponsored