First Name
Dany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
UPDATE: After numerous phone calls to the dealer and Ford, today, 5 months later, i received the price protection check from Ford. They could've helped me right away, instead they decided to waste my time. People, don't give up!

I reserved my Bronco in August of 2021 and placed the order in October of 2021 at the Mac Haik Ford in Georgetown, Texas. I was guaranteed price protection when I ordered, which was appreciated since my order turned over a few times as my Outerbanks didn’t arrive until February of 2023. Unfortunately, the promised price protection was not honored, and I was forced to pay the extra fee in order to pick up the car that I’d been dreaming of and waiting for for 18 months. “Ford will send you a rebate check for $2,595,” I was told the day I picked up the car. “We can’t remove the $2595 because we can’t locate you in the system.” I was “promised” to have a check in no more than three months. Considering we’re crossing four months now, this was a lie. I contacted Ford to get clarity on this shortly after picking up my new car, and they were immediately able to locate my price protection, despite what I was told at the dealership. “The rebate has to go through the dealer,” Ford explained to me over the phone. “They made the sale. Work it out with them.” I’ve been calling Mac Haik weekly for the past four months to receive the money I’m owed. Eric Dion Walker, my sales consultant, has been putting me off this whole process. When I call him (if he answers), he tells me he’s going to his inventory manager to get this cleared up. After 120 days of waiting on his inventory manager to address this, I’m starting to wonder if an inventory manager even exists. As far as the situation prior to receiving my Bronco goes, that was also unpleasant. I alone tracked my car’s progress, build date, transportation and whereabouts the entire time. I would call my dealer for updates (that’s what Ford advises), but I’d always get told “they’d check on it and call me back”—they never did without me calling five more times—or that they didn’t have any updates. I found things out on my own by calling Ford directly and calling the line to track the rails (CSX Transportation and Union Pacific Railyard.) Once, there was an error where someone at Ford reported my Bronco had already been built and was in San Antonio! I was so excited that I almost didn’t believe it. To confirm, I called Eric and asked him to double-check for me. He must have pretended to check because he came back minutes later and told me it was in San Antonio. It turns out that not only was my car not in San Antonio it had not even been built yet. The agent misentered my order number. While I am so happy with the Bronco itself, it’s an amazing car and everything I hoped for, I am not happy to be chasing down $2500+ four months later. This is money that has been stolen from me, and I expect someone to do something about it. As far as I’m concerned, this sale is not complete until I am repaid for what I am owed.
Sponsored

Last edited:

mcon33

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Willys Unlimited; 2022 Bronco BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford mailed my dealership a check for that full amount. Took about a month after sale. Dealership called me and I picked it up. They must have kept the check or haven't received it yet. Definitely one or the other.

atlawson

Wildtrak
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2022 Wildtrack Lux w/ Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My dealer never paid up on my purchase either. I pushed it with no resolve so I'll take my business elsewhere. On a side note I am a multi vehicle repeat customer but it didn't matter.

OP
OP
dany4a

dany4a

Outer Banks
First Name
Dany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
1800 334 4375 Ford line to see the status of your certificate. Dealer just contacted me and asked to sign a documnet (same document) and told me that they found the certificate.

OP
OP
dany4a

dany4a

Outer Banks
First Name
Dany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford mailed my dealership a check for that full amount. Took about a month after sale. Dealership called me and I picked it up. They must have kept the check or haven't received it yet. Definitely one or the other.
Ford told me today that it was never redeemed by the dealership.

Sponsored
OP
OP
dany4a

dany4a

Outer Banks
First Name
Dany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My dealer never paid up on my purchase either. I pushed it with no resolve so I'll take my business elsewhere. On a side note I am a multi vehicle repeat customer but it didn't matter.
Call Ford at this number and see what has happened to your certificate. 1 800 334 4375

Dvanderm

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Aspen
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I got a call last week that my Bronco was in, but I needed to pay by the 14th to avoid the mid year 2023 price increase. Even though I was told when I paid my deposit 6 months ago that the price was protected. Is anyone seeing mid-year price increases that are not protected by previous agreements? Why would there be a price increase for 2023s now when 2024s are coming up?

plogan1379

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ioniq 5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I got a call last week that my Bronco was in, but I needed to pay by the 14th to avoid the mid year 2023 price increase. Even though I was told when I paid my deposit 6 months ago that the price was protected. Is anyone seeing mid-year price increases that are not protected by previous agreements? Why would there be a price increase for 2023s now when 2024s are coming up?
I can say that as a '21 order I picked my Wildtrak up at my dealer in Pilot point, TX last Monday. Price was almost $7k MSRP over my DORA that I signed in Sept '22 for the model year roll over. When I got to dealer, I paid Price on DORA - the $2925 Certificate. I think this is the way that they are all supposed to go....

Dealer did not even think twice or say anything else about it.

OP
OP
dany4a

dany4a

Outer Banks
First Name
Dany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Call ford and see if you have multiple price protection certificates.

OP
OP
dany4a

dany4a

Outer Banks
First Name
Dany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I can say that as a '21 order I picked my Wildtrak up at my dealer in Pilot point, TX last Monday. Price was almost $7k MSRP over my DORA that I signed in Sept '22 for the model year roll over. When I got to dealer, I paid Price on DORA - the $2925 Certificate. I think this is the way that they are all supposed to go....

Dealer did not even think twice or say anything else about it.
That is amazing. Cars used to take 3-4 months to get built and delivered (which we start seeing again). It's not our fault that Ford couldn't deliver. I am glad you've got a good dealer.
Sponsored