Sponsored

Gun racks, lock boxs, CCW locations [⚠️ Admin Warning: No Policies / Politics Discussions]

darinhouston

Badlands
First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm surprised there's not a kydex holster mount for just under the driver's seat. If anyone finds anything like that, please let me know. I would prefer having it well out of sight but well within reach.
Sponsored

darinhouston

Badlands
First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hope not either - but one of my boys is an attorney - for the likes of WuTang Clan, ODB, Braylon Edwards etc...so I'm covered.
I'm an attorney and joined USCCA - otherwise a fool for a client... and so forth - EDC in Texas - we have constitutional carry but planning to get LTC soon.

darinhouston

Badlands
First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought one of these for under front seat - it's just to stop casual thief - certainly not as strong as some, but super cheap ($20) and fits just right under seat. Run cable around seat structure. A little foam keeps it from slipping forward while driving.

https://a.co/d/3EKGXqy

Just in case I get somewhere I can't carry. Maybe center console is just as safe, but people would look there before looking under seat.

Ford Bronco Gun racks, lock boxs, CCW locations  [⚠️ Admin Warning: No Policies / Politics Discussions] 1700634185357

Imonamoose

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm surprised there's not a kydex holster mount for just under the driver's seat. If anyone finds anything like that, please let me know. I would prefer having it well out of sight but well within reach.
Ford Bronco Gun racks, lock boxs, CCW locations  [⚠️ Admin Warning: No Policies / Politics Discussions] 20230719_164932

Ford Bronco Gun racks, lock boxs, CCW locations  [⚠️ Admin Warning: No Policies / Politics Discussions] 20230719_164923

Desertdoesit.com for the molle and seat jackers.

Safariland.com for the QLS and holster receiver.

Holster and pistol come off my belt QLS as one unit without the fireaem ever leaving the holster and go into the truck QLS mount. Same when I exit the car. very secure with no movement or vibration while driving.

When securing in the vehicle I place the entire kit in the head rest vault from the headrestsafe.com

I hope this helps. I went through a fair bit of trial end error before I finalized on this setup.

Taltyman

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Rubicon, Ford F350, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Usually carry one in the glove box and one in the console. For my old F350 a lock box works best since my electric door locks no longer work and it's a pain to lock/unlock all 4 doors. Our main problem is just keeping up with all our guns in the house since I used to have a gun store and FFL and have a boat load of firearms. My wife will put one some where and forget where she put it. Currently looking for her Sig. I know it's here somewhere.

Sponsored

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Now we are seeing how the interiors are setup, any good ideas for rifle racks (where is the sheriff in somewhere Colorado gonna hang his 30-30), truck gun lockbox or handgun location?....my Dodge Ram 1500 has perfect spaces under rearI seats for all such items and enough room under front dash or front seat for magnetic holders etc, will the bronco have some good locations thru out the vehicle...., looks like the rear tailgate molle bag options etc will be great for tools etc...
I’m one of the rare California CCW holders. I found a half hight lockbox for the center console on Amazon. It fits right under the lighter socket in the console and allows me to use my after market tray above the lock box. It is just big enough to fit my compact M&P Shield 9mm with my wallet and sunglasses. Don’t think it will fit my Sig 226.

The lockbox could likely be broken into with a pry bar but it meets the California requirements which is what really maters.

Rifles are transported in locked cases that are then locked to the trunk tie downs with a bicycle cable lock.

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Made this one for my long guns. Sits on the ledge of the rear fender and roof. Easy to take in and out. When needed.

Ford Bronco Gun racks, lock boxs, CCW locations  [⚠️ Admin Warning: No Policies / Politics Discussions] IMG_3699

Ford Bronco Gun racks, lock boxs, CCW locations  [⚠️ Admin Warning: No Policies / Politics Discussions] IMG_3699

Nice, I need something that will go above my two dog crates and carry two shotguns. I was thinking bolting something to the cage but not sure what to do for the front. I mentioned before maybe a molle panel but the HE has removable rear windows.

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

For me, One of the requirements from my county sheriff is that I must inform the officer... But I have yet to be pulled over, and I don't actually carry very often except what I'm going on trail rides for like a couple weeks ago when we went on vacation.

As for places you can't really carry (like when I went to Oregon) I just got one of those generic lock boxes with a cable that let you connected to anything secure in your vehicle. In California they have a law that prohibits leaving an unsecured weapon in your vehicle...amd I beleive (But I could be wrong) did they specifically stay locked glove boxes and center consoles do not count.

Now that lock box in the center console would I believe.
I know old, but here in Idaho I could mount a mini-gun with a tarp over it in the back and the local constabulary wouldn't bat an eye:) That said, I've had my CCW for 30 years been pulled over once and not asked for anything but license and reg..

Doug_life

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 wt, 78 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've been contemplating a way to stash a gun between the roof and roll bar. There is a surprising amount of room up there.

Also, during hunting season I kept my shotgun between the rear seats. With the seats folded down, it fit snugly. My rifle rode behind the drivers seat. It would be a decent place for a mount.

Sponsored

darinhouston

Badlands
First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m one of the rare California CCW holders. I found a half hight lockbox for the center console on Amazon. It fits right under the lighter socket in the console and allows me to use my after market tray above the lock box. It is just big enough to fit my compact M&P Shield 9mm with my wallet and sunglasses. Don’t think it will fit my Sig 226.

The lockbox could likely be broken into with a pry bar but it meets the California requirements which is what really maters.

Rifles are transported in locked cases that are then locked to the trunk tie downs with a bicycle cable lock.
Do you have a link or photo?

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs