Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know there's some posts on here about bike racks, but curious if anyone has tried the Hollywood Racks Sport Rider for Electric Bikes carrier?

It seems to have good reviews, and I'm looking for a hitch mounted carrier that can support heavier bikes (70 lbs+ each). But I'm also not 100% sure how this would work with the rear swing gate. It does have a feature to tip back to make it easier to load/unload bikes, but I'm not sure if it'd be enough to clear the swing gate - Anyone have experience with this model?

I'm also open to other suggestions too - Has to be able to support bikes 70 lbs+, fat 5" tires, and the ability to somewhat easily open the cargo swing gate, without having to remove the bike rack.

Thanks in advance!

P.s. - The website I was looking at earlier gets bonus points for using a Bronco to model the rack :love:

Ford Bronco Bike Racks - Hollywood Racks Sport Rider Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 8.46.42 PM
Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I don’t have experience with the Hollywood, but my research led me to the 1UP Super Duty. I needed a rack for 3 heavy E Bikes, 1 of them fat. So I have a double rack with 1 add on. It’s very well built, up to 4 bikes; up to 75 lb per bike, have nothing bad to say about it.

The fold down function would work fine on the Bronco to access the tailgate. Although I’ve never tried it, we don’t use the Bronco for road trips. For ultimate convince they sell a swing out arm that will move the bikes 90’ for full tailgate access.

https://www.1up-usa.com/product-category/bike-racks/

*Not my pic
Ford Bronco Bike Racks - Hollywood Racks Sport Rider 1660277306085

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t have experience with the Hollywood, but my research led me to the 1UP Super Duty. I needed a rack for 3 heavy E Bikes, 1 of them fat. So I have a double rack with 1 add on. It’s very well built, up to 4 bikes; up to 75 lb per bike, have nothing bad to say about it.

The fold down function would work fine on the Bronco to access the tailgate. Although I’ve never tried it, we don’t use the Bronco for road trips. For ultimate convince they sell a swing out arm that will move the bikes 90’ for full tailgate access.

https://www.1up-usa.com/product-category/bike-racks/

*Not my pic
Ford Bronco Bike Racks - Hollywood Racks Sport Rider 1660277306085
Thanks!

Did you need a hitch extension for yours, or was it long enough as-is?

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks!

Like I said, I have never attached the 1UP to the Bronco., we take the truck or Expy on road trips/adventures. If I have time this weekend I will try to hitch it up to the Bronco to get you a pic. My educated guess is you will need an extension arm, which I have and can test.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like I said, I have never attached the 1UP to the Bronco., we take the truck or Expy on road trips/adventures. If I have time this weekend I will try to hitch it up to the Bronco to get you a pic. My educated guess is you will need an extension arm, which I have and can test.
Ah, my apologies. I misread your earlier comment.

Sponsored

Jason74

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
[/QUOTE]
Not OP but I have the 1up as well and needed to get a 9 inch extension. Running 37's with -10 offset, so needed that to clear the spare. I think you'll need at least a 7 inch extension with SAS, may be able to go without the extension if you are running stock badlands wheels and tires.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not OP but I have the 1up as well and needed to get a 9 inch extension. Running 37's with -10 offset, so needed that to clear the spare. I think you'll need at least a 7 inch extension with SAS, may be able to go without the extension if you are running stock badlands wheels and tires.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I was hoping I'd have an option without needing an extension, but I think that may be impossible to find.

Ranbronc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I also have a 1up rack, made my own extension
Ford Bronco Bike Racks - Hollywood Racks Sport Rider 20220803_184851
Ford Bronco Bike Racks - Hollywood Racks Sport Rider 20220803_184837
Ford Bronco Bike Racks - Hollywood Racks Sport Rider 20220803_184837
Ford Bronco Bike Racks - Hollywood Racks Sport Rider 20220803_184858
Ford Bronco Bike Racks - Hollywood Racks Sport Rider 20220803_184815
Ford Bronco Bike Racks - Hollywood Racks Sport Rider 20220803_184823

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also have a 1up rack, made my own extension
Looks great! How is it for accessing the rear cargo area? Can you post a picture of that, if it's not too much trouble?

Thanks!

Ranbronc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks great! How is it for accessing the rear cargo area? Can you post a picture of that, if it's not too much trouble?

Thanks!

not good, swing out would be better, didn't want to go that direction yet.

Sponsored
OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

not good, swing out would be better, didn't want to go that direction yet.
I wonder if this would work with the Kuat swing out hitch extension. That would be the ultimate combo!

EvonBekly

Everglades
First Name
Evon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW m1
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
The Hollywood Racks Sport Rider for Electric Bikes carrier seems to be a popular choice for heavier bikes. It has received good reviews, which is always a positive sign. Regarding the rear swing gate, the tipping feature should make loading and unloading easier, but I can't guarantee it will clear the gate entirely. If you're open to other suggestions, you might want to check out the Hollywood Racks Trail Rider 2-Bike Rack. It can handle bikes up to 60 lbs each and has a foldable design for convenient access to your cargo swing gate. It's worth considering! You can also try such services https://don-performance.com. I have heard that they specialize in such issues. In any case, it's just advice.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Hollywood Racks Sport Rider for Electric Bikes carrier seems to be a popular choice for heavier bikes. It has received good reviews, which is always a positive sign. Regarding the rear swing gate, the tipping feature should make loading and unloading easier, but I can't guarantee it will clear the gate entirely. If you're open to other suggestions, you might want to check out the Hollywood Racks Trail Rider 2-Bike Rack. It can handle bikes up to 60 lbs each and has a foldable design for convenient access to your cargo swing gate. It's worth considering! You can also try such services https://don-performance.com. I have heard that they specialize in such issues. In any case, it's just advice.
Thanks, but I bought a bike rack long ago. I did a write up here on what I chose and how great it has been:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ike-rack-pivot-pro-2-0-hitch-extension.52196/
Sponsored