First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just installed my new 1up-USA rack with their hitch extender. Works perfectly on my Sasquatch. Tilts down so you can open swing gate.
That's what I use, works perfectly, no swing out stuff required.
Sponsored

Bender

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I worry a little bit about using a hitch extender with the Thule T2 Pro in a 4 bike set up. I removed the +2 extension for now since I don’t need to carry 4 very often, but it’s already a heavy rack and with 4 bikes on it, that would be a lot of force if I bounce over a speed bump or a rut on a dirt road.

When I looked at extenders on Amazon, one of them had a user photo of a failure in the weld. I ordered a different one but it still came from an anonymous factory in China

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kuat here as well, Yakima On-ramp was needed to hold bikes with (cruisers) and without full fenders (full suspensions). For 4 bikes, we take the truck.

Ford Bronco Hitch Mount Bike Racks? IMG_1262
Ford Bronco Hitch Mount Bike Racks? IMG_1268

FoolishClub

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I ended up going with this setup, as well. It’s a PERFECT fit.
Can you tell me how many inches extension do you need to clear the back tire if you have the factory-installed hitch? My 2022 4dr Big Bend Bronco is (miraculously) on its way and I have a Kuat 2" tray rack but I know I need an extender. I was looking at the Kuat Hi-Lo Pro Hitch extension which adds 10" or the Rocky Mount 8" extension. Feels like it should be enough but do you have an idea of how much space between the hole in the hitch and the back of the rear tire?

Thanks!

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 22' Braptor, 2020 BMW M340
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

What side do you guys prefer? Im thinking Kuat Pivot V2, passenger side. This way I dont take more than 2 spots where needed.

Other thought is, when I go to the beach, would be nice to swing towards driver, and then open the tailgate and use the table.

Sponsored

NY WLDTRKBRONCO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have the Kuat Pivot 2 driverside extension. I have the 1up Superduty for 3 bikes, but have another bike rack for 4 bikes. The Kuat Pivot is essential, I just got it 2 weeks ago, wish I had it years ago. Loading the bikes into the racks is way better, and being able to open the back without having to drop the bikes is the best! It's definitely a pricy setup, but you pay for quality and ease of use, both the 1up and Kuat pivot are A+'s for both of those factors. There is no bike rack sway, none! I was always concerned with the rack sway.

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 22' Braptor, 2020 BMW M340
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have the Kuat Pivot 2 driverside extension. I have the 1up Superduty for 3 bikes, but have another bike rack for 4 bikes. The Kuat Pivot is essential, I just got it 2 weeks ago, wish I had it years ago. Loading the bikes into the racks is way better, and being able to open the back without having to drop the bikes is the best! It's definitely a pricy setup, but you pay for quality and ease of use, both the 1up and Kuat pivot are A+'s for both of those factors. There is no bike rack sway, none! I was always concerned with the rack sway.
How much space does the pivot V2 have between your SAS wheel and the hitch mount?

I am getting the raptor and ordered the pivot but worries about the 37s

NY WLDTRKBRONCO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How much space does the pivot V2 have between your SAS wheel and the hitch mount?

I am getting the raptor and ordered the pivot but worries about the 37s
The pivot sits 1 inch below the tire.

argrin

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Tacoma TRD Offroad, KTM 690 E, Husky FE350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the Kuat Sherpa 2.0 and I can only load 1 bike without an extender. It only needs about 2" to fit and maybe 3" to have a little room. This is with a Rough Country hitch receiver . I like the pivot and may have to get that.
Ford Bronco Hitch Mount Bike Racks? 1650545881469

kimmnen

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect & '22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just installed my new 1up-USA rack with their hitch extender. Works perfectly on my Sasquatch. Tilts down so you can open swing gate.
I purchased the 1UP hitch rack months ago, but I am still waiting on my Bronco. In thinking about hitch mounted racks with the Bronco, what kind of road rash if any do your bikes & rack experience? Most of the time I have had the opportunity to load my bikes in vehicle or roof top racked, so the rear mount is new for me. It looks like the 1UP position may be high enough to avoid much of what is thrown from the Bronco rear tires but I am wondering about using rear mudflaps as needed when transporting bikes especially long distances. Depending on weather and road conditions I know they will get dirty back there, but I have seen some bikes/rims taking a beating with rear mounted racks especially mounting more than 2 bikes. Just wondering what Bronco owners are experiencing.

Last edited:

Sponsored

AzGoat

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The vertical racks seem to be all the rage in my neck of the woods right now (Utah):

https://www.altaracks.com/shop/
I like these, but here in WA I have a couple bikes with fenders and none of the vertical racks I've seen (LOLO, Alta) will work with road bikes that have fenders. For MTB, great racks.

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I purchased the 1UP hitch rack months ago, but I am still waiting on my Bronco. In thinking about hitch mounted racks with the Bronco, what kind of road rash if any do your bikes & rack experience? Most of the time I have had the opportunity to load my bikes in vehicle or roof top racked, so the rear mount is new for me. It looks like the 1UP position may be high enough to avoid much of what is thrown from the Bronco rear tires but I am wondering about using rear mudflaps as needed when transporting bikes especially long distances. Depending on weather and road conditions I know there I know they will get dirty back there, but I have seen some bikes/rims taking a beating with rear mounted racks especially mounting more than 2 bikes. Just wondering what Bronco owners are experiencing.
I have the same setup as Rocky Mountain Bronco. It has been awesome, so far. I don’t keep my bike rack on permanently because I usually bike one day on the weekend and hit an off-road trail the other. I prefer not to have it on when off-roading. 5 minutes or less to install or uninstall the extender and rack, although it does have some weight to it.
I have not had any road rash on my tires or rims from debris being kicked up, but I have also not gone more than 20ish miles to the mtb trailhead. You are right, it does sit high and that keeps it above most of the debris.

BroncoSC

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW X4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have the Kuat Sherpa 2.0 and I can only load 1 bike without an extender. It only needs about 2" to fit and maybe 3" to have a little room. This is with a Rough Country hitch receiver . I like the pivot and may have to get that.
Ford Bronco Hitch Mount Bike Racks? 1650545881469
I was able to pick up a Sherpa 2.0 for pretty cheap on FB Marketplace a few weeks back in preparation for my Bronco which is scheduled for build week 6/6. Long-term I would also love to have the pivot, but thanks for confirming that I don't need to buy an extension in the interim. When you say only 1 bike will fit is that because you have to use the rearmost bike spot? I also wonder if my Black Diamond will have a bit more clearance than your badlands. How has your experience been with the rough country hitch? I was also planning on getting this one over the curt...

argrin

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Tacoma TRD Offroad, KTM 690 E, Husky FE350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was able to pick up a Sherpa 2.0 for pretty cheap on FB Marketplace a few weeks back in preparation for my Bronco which is scheduled for build week 6/6. Long-term I would also love to have the pivot, but thanks for confirming that I don't need to buy an extension in the interim. When you say only 1 bike will fit is that because you have to use the rearmost bike spot? I also wonder if my Black Diamond will have a bit more clearance than your badlands. How has your experience been with the rough country hitch? I was also planning on getting this one over the curt...
Yes, I could only use the rearward rack. I have since added the Kuat drop extension. It puts it out far enough to put both bikes on it and to fold it up when not in use. Also, if you use it in the drop position, you can open the tailgate without a bike and the rack lowered. Very happy with the Rough Country hitch and it was no big deal installing. Bumper removal is not as hard as I had thought it would be.
Ford Bronco Hitch Mount Bike Racks? 0506221019_HDR
Ford Bronco Hitch Mount Bike Racks? 0506221019a (1)
Sponsored

Last edited: