Lolo Racks Bike Rack - Works great!

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, 2022 X3 (wife's), 2015 GTI (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've had it with the folding arm bike racks. They're a pain to load the bikes (I have a five bike rack and it's difficult to get four bikes on).

I purchased the Lolo Racks four bike rack and all I have to say is "Wow!" It's so easy to load the bikes and there's a ton of clearance under the tires.
The nice thing is, you don't have interference with the handlebars as they're tilted on a 15 degree angle.
It takes about 20 seconds to load a bike on and get the bungies hooked on.
I purchased a Harbor Freight hitch extension that has a riser as well. You can see that the tire on the far bike (mid-sized frame with 29" wheels) is about parallel to the bottom of my spare tire. The nice thing is that all four bikes have about the same clearance or more if they're smaller since they align sideways.
It's very sturdy and made in the USA.
They also have a six bike rack if you need the extra carrying capacity.

https://loloracks.com/collections/b...d9Jxa65ZLDk3d6t3yNZosQfReZ3FC2vxoCvHYQAvD_BwE

IMG_6927.jpg
Sponsored

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I bought one of these hitch risers, and it wasnā€™t until I got it home and then looked at your picture again that I realized you have an aftermarket bumper, as well as a spare tire rack that looks to be higher than the stock one. Result: The riser doesnā€™t fit with a stock bumper and 34ā€ spare.

Itā€™ll still work for me as an extension with the cargo carrier I bought, so itā€™s no big deal. I just wanted people to be aware who see your setup. Iā€™ll end up cutting the riser shorter and re-weld it so it fits my rig. And while Iā€™m at it, Iā€™ll make it straight and level instead of tilted sideways (thanks, Harbor Freight!šŸ˜’)

I stuck the thing in upside down to show how it wonā€™t clear when itā€™s in the up positionā€¦

Ford Bronco Lolo Racks Bike Rack - Works great! IMG_5428

OP
OP
Bronc69

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Moto26 - Good points as I have the RTR rear bumper and spare tire carrier, so my 35" Nitto is raised up from the stock location for plenty of clearance.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I ended up cutting it down by about 2ā€ so it clears the tire. This should work pretty well, and the cargo carrier will have some ground clearance for things like steep parking lot exits. Not really for aggeessive off-roading.

I might end up making myself a bike rack similar to what you have there. I mostly use my truck to carry the MTBā€™s around, but you never knowā€¦

Ford Bronco Lolo Racks Bike Rack - Works great! IMG_5477
Ford Bronco Lolo Racks Bike Rack - Works great! IMG_5473

OP
OP
Bronc69

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Cool! Looks good.

Lolo Racks sells the carrier part that holds the handle bars. You can make your own rack and just bolt those on.

Sponsored

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Cool! Looks good.

Lolo Racks sells the carrier part that holds the handle bars. You can make your own rack and just bolt those on.
Oh, that would be awesome. Thanks for the tip!