Sponsored

Gun racks, lock boxs, CCW locations [⚠️ Admin Warning: No Policies / Politics Discussions]

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

in Texas, we're obligated to inform the officer if we're carrying. Not sure how that will be going forward now that we just passed permitless carry - but under our current carry laws we have to give that information.
Even with the new law, I would inform the officer at your earliest opportunity or right away what ever comes first. :).
I too have a LTC ( license to carry ) in Texas and letting the officer know ASAP will usually get you a “have a good day sir” response and release.
We are the good guys and they know it.
Sponsored

SouthEnd

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Even with the new law, I would inform the officer at your earliest opportunity or right away what ever comes first. :).
I too have a LTC ( license to carry ) in Texas and letting the officer know ASAP will usually get you a “have a good day sir” response and release.
oh, 100% - I've had my license for more than a decade now, and I've only been pulled over once in that time, but it was quick and painless. I plan on maintaining my license going forward anyway for the NICS bypass and state reciprocity.

Chuck_Ruck

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Eldorado, Harley, Triumph
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah that didnt happen for me, sheriffs deputies in Kerrville like harassing I-10 travelers not doing 80. Its "suspicious to be moving that slow with out of state tags"(68mph & Florida tags)

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah that didnt happen for me, sheriffs deputies in Kerrville like harassing I-10 travelers not doing 80. Its "suspicious to be moving that slow with out of state tags"(68mph & Florida tags)
Yes, 68 mph on I-10 you are probably up to no good, or in traffic. Haha

Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I keep my permit visible, right beside my license... so they can both be seen as I remove the license. Granted, it’s only happened twice and both times I was told to have a nice evening.

yfarm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm assuming we'll see similar aftermarket options to what is already available for the Jeep Wrangler.

Slide out draws for the front seats. Cargo floor lockable drawers, and fold down lockable storage that buts against the roof in the cargo area.

jeep-jk-center-console-lock-vault-box-for-jeep-wrangler-jk-2011-2018-mmr-1795-3_700x700.jpg
4264101_main_001.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
DSC_4026-1000x615.jpeg
I'm assuming we'll see similar aftermarket options to what is already available for the Jeep Wrangler.

Slide out draws for the front seats. Cargo floor lockable drawers, and fold down lockable storage that buts against the roof in the cargo area.

jeep-jk-center-console-lock-vault-box-for-jeep-wrangler-jk-2011-2018-mmr-1795-3_700x700.jpg
4264101_main_001.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
DSC_4026-1000x615.jpeg
https://www.extremeterrain.com/grenadeacorp-subroof-concealed-storage-0717jk.html
last picture retailer

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone know the size of the opening/door for the center console lock box?

Looking to stash my G26 when I travel to places I cannot carry.

I do hope someone makes under seat boxes or a locking fold down table for the tailgate. That rear trunk drawer is just too tall.

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've gone through this scenario in my head also, but I would have my wallet/license out in my hands on the steering wheel. Saying this just made me think, hope my wallet does not look like a weapon as the office approaches.

Don't mention the carry permit unless he asks you to get out of the vehicle.

Always know the state laws if traveling across country?

Anyone a member of USCCA or similar organization?
Here they ask you to remove your license from your wallet. I remove it from my wallet as soon as I get stopped. I also turn off the engine (probably the only time auto stop/start is useful) :) and I keep both hands visible. Finally I make sure I'm polite to the officer.

I normally inform the officer I have a CCW permit even though AZ law doesn't require it. Here the cops are almost always gun friendly and it's like having the "Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval." They know I've passed a background check.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here they ask you to remove your license from your wallet. I remove it from my wallet as soon as I get stopped. I also turn off the engine (probably the only time auto stop/start is useful) :) and I keep both hands visible. Finally I make sure I'm polite to the officer.

I normally inform the officer I have a CCW permit even though AZ law doesn't require it. Here the cops are almost always gun friendly and it's like having the "Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval." They know I've passed a background check.

For me, One of the requirements from my county sheriff is that I must inform the officer... But I have yet to be pulled over, and I don't actually carry very often except what I'm going on trail rides for like a couple weeks ago when we went on vacation.

As for places you can't really carry (like when I went to Oregon) I just got one of those generic lock boxes with a cable that let you connected to anything secure in your vehicle. In California they have a law that prohibits leaving an unsecured weapon in your vehicle...amd I beleive (But I could be wrong) did they specifically stay locked glove boxes and center consoles do not count.

Now that lock box in the center console would I believe.

Sponsored

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I know this is an old thread but what I plan on for a pistol is adding a Molle plate to the console and this:
Ford Bronco Gun racks, lock boxs, CCW locations  [⚠️ Admin Warning: No Policies / Politics Discussions] 1695385706117

I will have the same Tek-Mount on my belt so I can pop it off and attach in seconds.

For my hunting guns I'm thinking a Molle on the rear windows of the 4-door which I can attach my soft case to.

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

My Bronco has successfully been broken into once and almost I think 2 other times.

I have the center console lock box and drive with it unlocked. I lock it when I'm leaving my car anywhere but my garage. I'd be really worried about idiots getting something I have on molle because these broncos are far from secure, and I have the alarm system as well.

I thought about using the rear molle on the tailgate for a bigger piece from mossberg but the risk isn't worth it for me.
Yeah, that is why I'm going with a quick detach for the pistol, detach the holster from the car plate and attach it to my belt or bird vest plate. I always carry. My shotgun is only with me while hunting during the season.

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know this is an old thread but what I plan on for a pistol is adding a Molle plate to the console and this:
Ford Bronco Gun racks, lock boxs, CCW locations  [⚠️ Admin Warning: No Policies / Politics Discussions] 1695385706117

I will have the same Tek-Mount on my belt so I can pop it off and attach in seconds.

For my hunting guns I'm thinking a Molle on the rear windows of the 4-door which I can attach my soft case to.
What is that?

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

What is that?
Tek-Lock, Blade Tech holsters. I use the larger ones for full size pistols, I will this on my compact carry.
Sponsored