Sponsored

Gun / Firearm Racks & Storage [*** Storage Talk Only *** No Glorification, States, Laws, Permits, Politics or Usage Discussions]

TroutTrooper

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fiesta ST, 2001 Jeep Wrangler, 1988 Ranger (SVO swap), 1974 Super Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For more of a storage locker solution I'll have to wait and see what the market offers or build something. I'd like to have individual slide out lockers for each side of the rear of the 2 door. Pull the driver's side rear seat and replace with a locker until I need a 4th seat, maybe.
Sponsored

RonM0710

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge; Suz. XL7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It also looks like you can store things under the rear seats on the 4 door.

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

JohnMcClane

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah but you need to wait for the late availability mod top for that setup.
Iā€™m actually getting so much late availability (mod top is one) and am so far down the list, I opted for 22. 2 door mod top comes with turret hole.

For those looking for a serious storage solution, Iā€™d wager theyā€™ll be a good aftermarket solution that mounts to the tailgate or in the bed of the cargo area.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I learned when i was a kid, that if you had a truck, you had to have a gun rack, but it was to be stocker with fishing poles. Is that still the case?

Sponsored

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
In my former JKUR I had a (tuffy I think) locking slide out drawer under the drivers seat, I haven't seen yet whether there's room for such a thing in the Bronco.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not much room in a 2dr and i plan on yanking rear seats too,but ill figure out something.
Maybe up off floor along sport bar?

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah but you need to wait for the late availability mod top for that setup.
It's one of the reasons I'm buying the 4 door, one of my guns won't fit in the 2 door.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm still trying to figure out where I'm going to tie down my deer.
Trail sights are 150lb-rated each... gotta be some solution with those or just field dress and quarter it and toss it on the MGV.

On topic:
  • Hard cases for transport
  • Soft cases to hunt
  • You can probably fab up something for the trail sights or like the fishing concept, but with rifles?
  • If Jeep's got a solution, then so will the Bronco.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anything to bolster your holster.

Sponsored

guzie

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru WRX sti, 2019 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Definitely picking up a 3D printer to design something to go in place of the center console grab handle. Have something similar in my TJ Wrangler with a Safariland QD platform. Just swap out holsters for whatever I'm carrying that day.
You wont even need your own 3D printer. Just the model. You can get the printing done outsourced. I even see 3D printers available at the UPS store near me. Iā€™m a mechanical engineer and I already have Solidworks for 3D design. Once I have the Bronco I can work up some design ideas.

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably the most secure thing you could do is bolt a locking metal storage box to the frame underneath the rear seat. There are plenty of quick release long gun systems that you can find through a law enforcement supply company like Galls. My opinion for storing firearms in vehicles is out of sight, locked, and permanently attached to the vehicle. Other than law enforcement purposes, I donā€™t see the point of storing long guns in quick release mounts in a vehicle. Youā€™re better off with a quick release pistol mount that you can tuck on your body if you leave or lock out of sight in the rear when youā€™re parking and securing... but now Iā€™m getting close to preaching about vehicle CQB tactics so Iā€™ll stop. Long story short, hidden steel drawers for everything you plan on storing while youā€™re not physically with the vehicle, otherwise youā€™re asking for unnecessary trouble.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the security drawers (tuffy & bestop versions) under driver seat of jeep (manual seats) and in my small camper along with center console of truck. The gun racks I use in the camper when disperse camping hold long guns and could be mounted in a bronco.
Not sure how the under the seat would work for broncos if there is a duct underneath the front seats.

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe Tuffy are the makers of the drop down table for Bronco. Looking on their website, the Wrangler JLUs have a lock box that double as a table.

Pretty sweet if the transition this to Bronco as well since I was eyeing the tailgate table anyway. Now the question for me would be, would a security box be compatible with the slide-out tailgate?
Sponsored