Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021...Nope. 2022...still no. 2023? Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the reply!

I’m (sadly) still waiting. No VIN yet. So looks like I’m going to miss the hail season this summer.

I get free parking at the airport so most of the year I’ll do that - but I had a covered parking option suggested to me($100/month). I’ll likely see about paying and parking there July-Sept.

Unless of course there ends up being a good hail protection option. No reason to waste $300/year if I don’t need to.
Sponsored

Sardine

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Elantra N - 6 speed & 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They sell car covers . I would use one of those and a couple moving quilts to cover hood . A board or a foam board would work better but I don't know how you get something big enough to cover yet small enough to fit in the back when driving.
It wouldn't be a good idea to leave a moving quilt on a car. If it rains it would get wet and wouldn't dry like an actual car cover. Something wet like that sitting on the paint wouldn't be good.

Car covers in general are bad for your paint no matter how well designed they are. They aren't made for putting on a car even with slight dirt on the paint. The car cover will move in the wind and will mar the paint. I only recommend car covers for clean cars kept in garages.

As for OP, he should probably just leave the car at home in a garage if he has one and just uber to the airport.

Freebird32

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F150 4x4, 82 Toyota 4x4 orig owner, 08 Z06
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs