FoMoJoe

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How are these attached? Are they wrapped around the pillars and attached back to the hammock?

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is really cool! Most of the time when it’s warm enough here in Michigan the bugs would eat you alive. I did order the cheaper one person hammock from Amazon for attic storage on our trip next week. One corner ripped instantly upon install. So I’m Leary if actually climbing in one lol

level3looper

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How are these attached? Are they wrapped around the pillars and attached back to the hammock?

In this pic, on the left, you can see the strap coming down where I looped through the passenger grab handle. I have the other end looped through the back left grab handle. May not be wise using the grab handles, but it held me at 190lbs.

Ford Bronco Hammock Camping in the Bronco 20220604_104356

Sponsored

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Last week, I drove out to Big Bend NP and the Davis Mountains SP. My plan was to travel light, so I set up my hammock inside my Bronco rather than sleeping in the back.

I left the removable windows at home, attached a mesh top sun shade (Amazon $70), and folded down the soft top. I decided that my gear would be safe under a cargo area platform, so I did not worry about theft while hiking or during dinner at the Harvard Hotel in Fort Davis.

Since my 'Hang in there' hammock had parachuted out of my Bronco the previous week, (don't leave stuff like that laying in your back seat with the top down), I used a two person hammock. It worked perfectly.

I now have two nights sleeping in the back with the seats folded down with a plywood riser in the cargo area, and two nights sleeping in my hammock. I pushed the front seats forward and did not fold down the back seats. I attached the hammock to the front right and rear left and slept diagonally. I left the top folded down and untied the mesh top so that I could stare at the Milky Way.

I masked the cabin lighting with black tape, since I have not figured out a solution to prevent the lighting from coming on as I get in and out of the truck. I do need to figure out a blackout system for the front and rear external lighting to not be that annoying person in the campground, everytime I want to get in and out of the truck.

Who else hammock camps in their Bronco?

That was not what i was expecting... hammock inside! Feet above your head!!! That's not SPOONING, that's a LADLE LOL :ROFLMAO:

Just a thought. Maybe connect one end of the hammock to a tree (brick pillar) with a strap and connect the other end to the roll bar between the speakers with gate open...

Hmmm.... Now thinking that may not work for you. You have a soft top vs a MIC.

TEAM 2 DOOR w/MIC = PURPOSE BUILT BADASS

Hedrock

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr EG Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Last week, I drove out to Big Bend NP and the Davis Mountains SP. My plan was to travel light, so I set up my hammock inside my Bronco rather than sleeping in the back.

I left the removable windows at home, attached a mesh top sun shade (Amazon $70), and folded down the soft top. I decided that my gear would be safe under a cargo area platform, so I did not worry about theft while hiking or during dinner at the Harvard Hotel in Fort Davis.

Since my 'Hang in there' hammock had parachuted out of my Bronco the previous week, (don't leave stuff like that laying in your back seat with the top down), I used a two person hammock. It worked perfectly.

I now have two nights sleeping in the back with the seats folded down with a plywood riser in the cargo area, and two nights sleeping in my hammock. I pushed the front seats forward and did not fold down the back seats. I attached the hammock to the front right and rear left and slept diagonally. I left the top folded down and untied the mesh top so that I could stare at the Milky Way.

I masked the cabin lighting with black tape, since I have not figured out a solution to prevent the lighting from coming on as I get in and out of the truck. I do need to figure out a blackout system for the front and rear external lighting to not be that annoying person in the campground, everytime I want to get in and out of the truck.

Who else hammock camps in their Bronco?

20220527_230612.jpg

20220528_065945.jpg

20220528_070116.jpg

20220528_065930.jpg

Damn this is amazing!! Think you could do it with the top up still?

OP
OP
Meraki Hammocks

Meraki Hammocks

Big Bend
First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4dr 2.3l 7 speed Big Bend Cactus Gray Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Damn this is amazing!! Think you could do it with the top up still?
Yes. I am working on a new configuration that may make set up easier.

Hedrock

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr EG Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes. I am working on a new configuration that may make set up easier.

Awesome. I’ve spent the last couple years doing a lot of car camping on road trips from east to west coasts, this would be waaaaay better.

OP
OP
Meraki Hammocks

Meraki Hammocks

Big Bend
First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That was not what i was expecting... hammock inside! Feet above your head!!! That's not SPOONING, that's a LADLE LOL :ROFLMAO:

Just a thought. Maybe connect one end of the hammock to a tree (brick pillar) with a strap and connect the other end to the roll bar between the speakers with gate open...

Hmmm.... Now thinking that may not work for you. You have a soft top vs a MIC.

TEAM 2 DOOR w/MIC = PURPOSE BUILT BADASS
Brilliant. You could also use a light post at the mall parking lot. Please post your PBB pics of this configuration.

Sponsored

Havoc1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 F250, 20 Accord Sport, 21 HD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There's a switch above the rear view mirror that deactivates the interior lights from coming on when you open the doors. I think it was designed for campers, and other outdoor activities where the light would be a distraction . . . I circled it on the page from the owner's manual.
That function has been available on vehicles since pretty much the creation of interior courtesy lighting. I hope I'm just reading this wrong and assume you think it's ATV specific.

OP
OP
Meraki Hammocks

Meraki Hammocks

Big Bend
First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That function has been available on vehicles since pretty much the creation of interior courtesy lighting. I hope I'm just reading this wrong and assume you think it's ATV specific.
I am wanting a solution that disables the interior and exterior lighting. That switch seems to turn off the light, but does not prevent it from coming on in the first place. Maybe I just don't understand how to operate it.

Havoc1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 F250, 20 Accord Sport, 21 HD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am wanting a solution that disables the interior and exterior lighting. That switch seems to turn off the light, but does not prevent it from coming on in the first place. Maybe I just don't understand how to operate it.
So you want the courtesy lighting completely disabled?

If that's the case, then pg. 101 in the manual, first section of that page.
Or fast reference just following the top left corner of what was posted earlier.

Edit: forgot to answer the exterior lighting part of the question.
Not sure if you have this but here's the instructions for ext. zone lighting
Ford Bronco Hammock Camping in the Bronco Screenshot_20220612-211831_Adobe Acrobat

Last edited:

level3looper

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Using the FORSCAN software, there is a "Police Mode" that can be enabled. Not sure what it exactly does but it might turn off all the lights.

OP
OP
Meraki Hammocks

Meraki Hammocks

Big Bend
First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So you want the courtesy lighting completely disabled?

If that's the case, then pg. 101 in the manual, first section of that page.
Or fast reference just following the top left corner of what was posted earlier.

Edit: forgot to answer the exterior lighting part of the question.
Not sure if you have this but here's the instructions for ext. zone lighting
Ford Bronco Hammock Camping in the Bronco Screenshot_20220612-211831_Adobe Acrobat
Thank you.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.