Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How did you end up managing the fire extinguisher mount in your 2dr? I can't see a way on the roll bar without needing to take the top off to extract the extinguisher. The plastic molle panel on the back of the seat seems too flimsy, plus any rear passenger might bang their knee. I'm guessing a mounted metal molle panel in the back is what I'll need to do.
Sponsored

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How did you end up managing the fire extinguisher mount in your 2dr? I can't see a way on the roll bar without needing to take the top off to extract the extinguisher. The plastic molle panel on the back of the seat seems too flimsy, plus any rear passenger might bang their knee. I'm guessing a mounted metal molle panel in the back is what I'll need to do.
Just in case it helps, last night I came across a fire extinguisher mounting bracket that JCR off-road does. It mounts to the back of the roll bar, so youā€™d have to lift the glass, but not remove the top.

Debating on buying myself, so if I do I can let you know for certain.

OP
OP
Ibuprofen3293

Ibuprofen3293

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I added minor updates to a few previous items from the first 2 posts: mudflaps, pinch flange hiders, fire extinguisher, cargo light, performance tune, air compressor, tailgate table, subwoofer, sound deadening.

Here's some other stuff I've done since the summer.

---Topless driving and door cart---

Cost: Priceless?

Hangover Score: 3/5

If this wasnā€™t my daily driver, Iā€™d probably have left the top/doors off a lot more of the summer. I threw together a door cart from a furniture dolly in an hourā€¦ It was terrible and Iā€™ve already reclaimed the cart and woodā€¦.

Also, definitely need to use a heatgun and (re)move all these stickers on the door jamb.

Oh, and I bought touchup paint after I knicked the shit out of the corners of the doors putting them back on.

Ford Bronco Hangover Build & Product Review Scores 1702352877729
Ford Bronco Hangover Build & Product Review Scores 1702352881304
Ford Bronco Hangover Build & Product Review Scores 1702352885427

October 2023

---Rear Seat Delete Platform---

Cost: $150 in materials?

Hangover Score: 3/5

Finally got to work on the platform Iā€™d been putting off. The end result isā€¦ fine. It was a lot of trial and error, and Iā€™m probably just jealous of the much nicer looking setups found on this forum (which were all my inspiration).

Itā€™s raised up 3.75ā€ (a 2x4) so there is some storage underneath it. The access door isnā€™t able to be lifted with the tailgate closed, so itā€™s semi-secure for top-off storage. If I pull it out, I may remove that structure and just have it sit flush on the vinyl floor.

I have it attached to the rear seat studs & used longer bolts to attach to the forward D-ring locations. I also did an oops on the rear d-rings and have the 2x4 structure overhanging themā€¦ Iā€™m waiting for an osciallating multi-tool for Christmas to chamfer them.

I used 3M spray adhesive to glue a (poorly cut) vinyl mat from Home Depot onto the top. Iā€™ve looked for edge trim to clean it up a little bit, but never pulled the trigger on anything.

It just barely clears the 6.5ā€ speaker pods when putting it in or taking it at out.

Ford Bronco Hangover Build & Product Review Scores 1702352894354
Ford Bronco Hangover Build & Product Review Scores 1702352899463

Ford Bronco Hangover Build & Product Review Scores 1702352903672
Ford Bronco Hangover Build & Product Review Scores 1702352906590
Ford Bronco Hangover Build & Product Review Scores 1702352912573
Ford Bronco Hangover Build & Product Review Scores 1702352915178

December 2023

---NHOU Undercoating (again)---

Cost: $250 in materials

Hangover Score: 5/5

Instead of going back to the professionals this year, I bought a 5gal bucket and spray gun from NHOU to do my own rust prevention. Based on how little I used, Iā€™ll have this bucket until I die. Iā€™m happy with the decision to go DIY here.

Hereā€™s before and after (oooh shiny!).

Ford Bronco Hangover Build & Product Review Scores 1702352923158
Ford Bronco Hangover Build & Product Review Scores 1702352927317
Ford Bronco Hangover Build & Product Review Scores 1702352930439

---Pinch Flange Blackout---

Cost: $8

Hangover Score: 4/5

After a few tries getting the metal hiders to sit properly, I decided to paint ā€˜em. They look good; I recommend this route over paying a bunch of some covers. If it doesnā€™t hold up, I will be more efficient at masking next timeā€¦

Ford Bronco Hangover Build & Product Review Scores 1702352936871
Ford Bronco Hangover Build & Product Review Scores 1702352939562

---Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro SAE Fog Lights (White w/ Amber backlight)---

Cost: $350 with Black Friday promo

From all the reading on the forum, I knew some modifications would be required, but I didnā€™t know exactly what would need to be dremeled on the capable bumper. I dremeled parts of the fog bezels where the lamp was obviously hitting, and my result wasā€¦. Bright lights that were aimed way too high (first picture, fogs only).

I was/am a bit disappointed about the lack of a sharp cutoff to actually use for aimingā€”but I did read before buying that the Pro has the worst cutoff of the 3 levels of SS3. After seeing how bright these are, maybe Iā€™d save a few bucks and just get the Sports next time.

After consulting with an automotive lighting engineer and with DD, we were aligned that the cutoff, however soft, is roughly where I drew the red line (maybe a tad higher). The 21ā€ bogey (4ā€ below the optical center of the lamp) is where I added a piece of tape in the 2nd picture.

I took the bumper apart again and added 4.2mm of shims behind the SS3 bracketā€™s bottom fasteners (it was 4x #10 washers wrapped in painters tape), and at 25ā€™, it lowered the cutoff almost to where it should be. Iā€™m going to leave it like this for now (mostly because I didnā€™t feel like tearing everything apart again).

Future plan is to go to the SPV/4x4TruckLED style dual 3ā€ pod that replaces the whole bezelā€”looks much easier to aim and doesnā€™t have that awkward square light behind a round hole look.

Did I mention how bright these are? Holy cow.

Anyway, I used DDā€™s harness with some slight modifications. Instead of tapping into the marker lights for the backlighting, I tied them together and ran them to a factory aux switch. The main light is on the OE fog switch and was a simple plug and play connection with the DD harness.

Ford Bronco Hangover Build & Product Review Scores 1702352945806
Ford Bronco Hangover Build & Product Review Scores 1702352948702
Ford Bronco Hangover Build & Product Review Scores 1702352951872

---Diode Dynamics SSC1 Pro Flood Lights (White w/ Red backlight)---

Cost: $220 with Black Friday promo (including harness)

I never liked the aux reverse lights that hang off the spare tire, but saw 2 or 3 forum members hide the 1ā€ cubes within their spare, so I went that route.

I used DDā€™s harness but routed it a bit differently. They call for you to go under the vehicle, and come up through the under-floor storage cubby, then up and out from the quarter trim panel to the tailgate. I just went right from the factory connector (behind the tail lamp close out trim), under the seal carrier at the top of the D pillar, and behind the 1quarter trim. I could have cut the harness at least 6ā€™ shorter, but I left it zip tied behind the trim. I didnā€™t take a great picture of this execution, but I marked it in this image.

I mounted the pods by measuring marking where on the tire carrier the light bracket would sit when I was holding the pod roughly in place., then drilling a hole there. Then realizing that the hole was too close to the edge of the carrier so I couldnā€™t get a nut or socket on the back side, then re-drilling slightly farther forward. I would have gone with the wheel pockets at 9:00 and 3:00, but the harness/splitter from DD didnā€™t have enough slack.

I also regret doing this and not going with C1R pods that could potentially replace my CHMSL. Oh well. The dim red backlight is on whenever my parking/tail lights are on. The bright white is on whenever Iā€™m in reverse or I flip Aux #6.

I havenā€™t had a chance to aim them or take any images in a dark driveway/parking lot, but I think these will be plenty.

While I had the tailgate taken apart, I added some sound deadener inside the gate near the latch. I also sprayed the more inaccessible part of the inside with lithium grease, as has been suggested in this forum to fix/avoid metal on metal ticking sounds. Iā€™m considering putting some carpet (think the OEM headliner) on the main flat part of the tailgate, but donā€™t want to use standard buytl deadener since it will be very visible when the tailgate table is down.

Oh and I put the hard top hoist to good use lifting the spare a few times.

Ford Bronco Hangover Build & Product Review Scores 1702352961451
Ford Bronco Hangover Build & Product Review Scores 1702352964674
Ford Bronco Hangover Build & Product Review Scores 1702352967759
Ford Bronco Hangover Build & Product Review Scores 1702352971215

OP
OP
Ibuprofen3293

Ibuprofen3293

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I ended up mounting to a tailgate table molle panel, and I'm happy with it. I added a picture in one of the earlier posts.

Sponsored

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This works well on mine and is easily accessed by lifting the glass.

PXL_20230109_202727273.jpg

DFR

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Super Duty, 2 Ford powered rock crawlers
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dang dude, you've done a great job with both the mods and the detailed descriptions of the mods...and trips...thank you for the effort. I truly appreciate the time you spent.

DFR
Sponsored