Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well… today is the day. The 6th generation Bronco officially turns 1 year’s old. One year ago today Ford officially announced that production Broncos were rolling off the line.

Won’t lie‚ it’s been a super bumpy first year. But thankfully most of those bumps are around getting the dang things built and not massive widespread issues with the vehicle itself—although I suspect those with 2.7L engines failures may beg to differ.

Regardless, I’d still like to thank Ford, the engineering teams, and the manufacturing teams for bringing the Bronco back. Growing up I spent a LOT of time in my father’s 4th generation Bronco as it took us around the country (visited nearly every state west of the Mississippi river in that thing), and I’m excited to do the same with my kids when my Bronco eventually arrives—hopefully in the next two months as long as my build week holds.

The production announcement video, for those who missed it last year:

Sponsored

Notmattwong

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well… today is the day. The 6th generation Bronco officially turns 1 year’s old. One year ago today Ford officially announced that production Broncos were rolling off the line.

Won’t lie‚ it’s been a super bumpy first year. But thankfully most of those bumps are around getting the dang things built and not massive widespread issues with the vehicle itself—although I suspect those with 2.7L engines failures may beg to differ.

Regardless, I’d still like to thank Ford, the engineering teams, and the manufacturing teams for bringing the Bronco back. Growing up I spent a LOT of time in my father’s 4th generation Bronco as it took us around the country (visited nearly every state west of the Mississippi river in that thing), and I’m excited to do the same with my kids when my Bronco eventually arrives—hopefully in the next two months as long as my build week holds.

The production announcement video, for those who missed it last year:

1 year doesn’t sound bad enough. We should keep using reservation dates to mark how long people waited so people can keep saying “I waited 600-700 days” and make mountains out of mole hills.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It does put the perceived extended wait times into a better perspective since Ford has been building them for 'only' 1 year.
We keep seeing posts like 'I've been waiting 700 days'..... well, the first 335 days don't really count since they weren't even being built yet.

Hope Ford and their suppliers get it together for this coming year!
Sponsored