Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outerbanks Sasquatch Lux 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I went from wildtrak modular top to a soft top obx in an effort to get my Bronco asap. I was hooked on the marketed cgi renders and achieving that look.
Example here:
Cg2.PNG

When I test drove the obx, I loved it but the tires appeared a bit skinny. It just didnt have the look that I was enamored with. So thanks to this forum and my own research, I found a tire size that gets me to that look but doesn't quite sasquatch it out. (Im never gonna go rock crawling so sasquatch would have been a superficial upgrade not worth the $5k or so it is for the obx). Additionally it was crucially important that my Bronco was capable "in any terrain ", especially our northeast American winters. I want to go places and have my vehicle not be my crutch.

This led me to the 275/70 size falken wildpeaks (triple peak rated)
I'm posting this here for those interested to see how these size tires came out

IMG_20211110_175322_275.jpg

To complete the look, like the cgi render I was going after, I had my dealer powder coat the stock obx wheels black. He also added the 1 Inch level.
I'm supremely happy with how it came out. Save for not having a mod top, I like to think it came out pretty close to that cgi render above!

Some other thoughts after having this for 4 days and 400 happy miles later

• The Bronco is slow off the jump but you can feel the power in 3rd gear and above. It feels like a heavy weight boxer trying to hold his endurance until round 10, so he takes it easy in the early rounds. That said... sport mode is a different story
  • I was joy riding and picked up speed going down hill pretty quickly. When I got to the top of the hill, there was a stop light and a long line of cars on the other side. I slammed the brakes because I had nowhere to go. Somehow the car stopped on the dime. After my heart slowed from 190 to 70, I had to metaphorically pat my Bronco on the head for stopping so well. Also promised myself I'd stick to speeds like that when there's nobody around. Lesson learned but hey even with these 61 pound each tires, the Bronco has good brakes
  • The biggest compliments I've been getting is about the wheels (or rims as the general public likes to say). Then they talk about the color. Yes carbonized grey is a winner!
  • Soft top is loud at 65 and above. The lux sound system is quite nice in town driving. But once you're on the highway, the wind noise drowns it out. I'm happy with the soft top but I can't wait for that mod top!
  • The wife approves. She says it's really road trip worthy. I agree. It's really comfy
  • How long until the new car smell goes away? I hope never
  • I installed the curt hitch by myself in 20 minutes. Dealers kept quoting me $500 to do it. That's ridiculous
  • Before my Bronco was even built, I bought the black pony and black bronco script to complete the blackout look. But the hubcaps have a silver pony, which is a great accent to the rest of the vehicle. So I left the silver pony on it and sent back the black pony and scripts

Here's a 360 video of my Bronco:
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AgqoBT21YPQ1y4hBQSZXdznLHc23FQ
Great write up!!! I too am getting the Outerbanks and may delete the SAS option and was trying to find a tire that would pull away the mall crawl vibe! Thank you for your information!!! Your Bronco is incredibly sharp! 😎

Wookiee

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Great write up! Any chance on getting a close up of the powder coating on the wheels? (How much did that cost, if you don’t mind me asking.) We are going with 315/70/17 and a 2” lift on the wife’s Bronco. Your Bronco looks GREAT!

Bacon

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Dr IS MIC Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looks great, I also was looking for a non squatch badlands stance on a OBX. Have KO2 275/70/r18's waiting at dealership with a zone offroad 2 in level (2 in front 1 in rear). Gonna keep the OBX wheels as is for now, but that powder coat looks great, how much is it for them to do it, and what's the longevity of that powder coat - does it hold up to salt etc in northeast...

Also, what exactly is the lift/level you used.. 1 in front? zone offroad?

thanks

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I left the silver pony on it and sent back the black pony and scripts
Good move. The script is played out already and it doesn’t look right, especially on a four door IMO.

Sponsored

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So, 1" level no lift? This looks really good. Wish Ford offered that wheel/tire combo because it makes a HUGE difference in the OBX's appearance.

I'm probably going the same route with my 2-door. As for the ponies and Bronco script badge: gotta go with chrome!

Fahadrb

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Lexus lx
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I went from wildtrak modular top to a soft top obx in an effort to get my Bronco asap. I was hooked on the marketed cgi renders and achieving that look.
Example here:
Cg2.PNG

When I test drove the obx, I loved it but the tires appeared a bit skinny. It just didnt have the look that I was enamored with. So thanks to this forum and my own research, I found a tire size that gets me to that look but doesn't quite sasquatch it out. (Im never gonna go rock crawling so sasquatch would have been a superficial upgrade not worth the $5k or so it is for the obx). Additionally it was crucially important that my Bronco was capable "in any terrain ", especially our northeast American winters. I want to go places and have my vehicle not be my challenge.

This led me to the 275/70 size falken wildpeaks (triple peak rated)
I'm posting this here for those interested to see how these size tires came out

IMG_20211110_175322_275.jpg

To complete the look, like the cgi render I was going after, I had my dealer powder coat the stock obx wheels black. He also added the 1 Inch level.
I'm supremely happy with how it came out. Save for not having a mod top, I like to think it came out pretty close to that cgi render above!

Some other thoughts after having this for 4 days and 400 happy miles later

• The Bronco is slow off the jump but you can feel the power in 3rd gear and above. It feels like a heavy weight boxer trying to hold his endurance until round 10, so he takes it easy in the early rounds. That said... sport mode is a different story
  • I was joy riding and picked up speed going down hill pretty quickly. When I got to the top of the hill, there was a stop light and a long line of cars on the other side. I slammed the brakes because I had nowhere to go. Somehow the car stopped on the dime. After my heart slowed from 190 to 70, I had to metaphorically pat my Bronco on the head for stopping so well. Also promised myself I'd stick to speeds like that when there's nobody around. Lesson learned but hey even with these 61 pound each tires, the Bronco has good brakes
  • The biggest compliments I've been getting is about the wheels (or rims as the general public likes to say). Then they talk about the color. Yes carbonized grey is a winner!
  • Soft top is loud at 65 and above. The lux sound system is quite nice in town driving. But once you're on the highway, the wind noise drowns it out. I'm happy with the soft top but I can't wait for that mod top!
  • The wife approves. She says it's really road trip worthy. I agree. It's really comfy
  • How long until the new car smell goes away? I hope never
  • I installed the curt hitch by myself in 20 minutes. Dealers kept quoting me $500 to do it. That's ridiculous
  • Before my Bronco was even built, I bought the black pony and black bronco script to complete the blackout look. But the hubcaps have a silver pony, which is a great accent to the rest of the vehicle. So I left the silver pony on it and sent back the black pony and scripts

Here's a 360 video of my Bronco:
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AgqoBT21YPQ1y4hBQSZXdznLHc23FQ
Looks great! I hate the chrome wheels on the OBX, but i was skeptical about how it would look powder coated. That looks much better. I think i found my setup right here.
Probably going with similar sized tires, so please update us on how it affected your MPG.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vigor

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Great write up! Any chance on getting a close up of the powder coating on the wheels? (How much did that cost, if you don’t mind me asking.) We are going with 315/70/17 and a 2” lift on the wife’s Bronco. Your Bronco looks GREAT!
In the $700 range. Here's a few closeups. Hope They help

Ford Bronco Happy medium? 275/70/r18 on OBX 20211114_134806

Ford Bronco Happy medium? 275/70/r18 on OBX 20211114_134810

Ford Bronco Happy medium? 275/70/r18 on OBX 20211114_134820

Looks great, I also was looking for a non squatch badlands stance on a OBX. Have KO2 275/70/r18's waiting at dealership with a zone offroad 2 in level (2 in front 1 in rear). Gonna keep the OBX wheels as is for now, but that powder coat looks great, how much is it for them to do it, and what's the longevity of that powder coat - does it hold up to salt etc in northeast...

Also, what exactly is the lift/level you used.. 1 in front? zone offroad?

thanks
rough country 1 inch level for the front. I would have considered the same thing you're going for if I went larger.
So, 1" level no lift? This looks really good. Wish Ford offered that wheel/tire combo because it makes a HUGE difference in the OBX's appearance.

I'm probably going the same route with my 2-door. As for the ponies and Bronco script badge: gotta go with chrome!
No lift! Going from 32.1 stock obx tires to 33.4 falkens did all the lifting for me!
Looks great! I hate the chrome wheels on the OBX, but i was skeptical about how it would look powder coated. That looks much better. I think i found my setup right here.
Probably going with similar sized tires, so please update us on how it affected your MPG.
I'll keep an eye on it

I find I need that get up and go sport mode around traffic because it's sluggish otherwise (maybe the tires?). But highway is perfect for eco mode and ACC enabled

Wookiee

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

rough country 1 inch level for the front. I would have considered the same thing you're going for if I went larger.

No lift! Going from 32.1 stock obx tires to 33.4 falkens did all the lifting for me!

I'll keep an eye on it

I find I need that get up and go sport mode around traffic because it's sluggish otherwise (maybe the tires?). But highway is perfect for eco mode and ACC enabled
Thanks Vigor, those pics helped! Enjoy that Bronco

Markpf189

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This looks really good and is probably my most affordable option to upgrade the look of my OBX.

Curious what a set of 5 of these tires costs? Looking at $1500ish I assume.

Any idea how these impact pavement performance vs the stock tires?

Sponsored

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@Vigor dude you are a legend in my book! thank you for not making me watch a 20 minutes Youtube video to see your wheels! I love the final look, and I like those tires too, do you have a closer look shots of those tires?

Busyboy19

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

20211114_134806.jpg

20211114_134810.jpg

20211114_134820.jpg

I'll keep an eye on it

Thank you for finalizing my tire size-was leaning to 285 but afraid they would rub without level/lift.
Ford Bronco Happy medium? 275/70/r18 on OBX 1637110597129

OP
OP
Vigor

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@Vigor dude you are a legend in my book! thank you for not making me watch a 20 minutes Youtube video to see your wheels! I love the final look, and I like those tires too, do you have a closer look shots of those tires?
Gracias!
I posted closer tire photos in this thread.
Thank you for finalizing my tire size-was leaning to 285 but afraid they would rub without level/lift.
Glad I could help. I really do feel this tire size is the perfect balance for looks, and ability

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I'll keep an eye on it

To echo what others have said, it does look really good! Has me second-guessing getting Sasquatch on my OBX since I want body-colored fender flares and no one seems to have AMB flares they want to sell or trade. Too late now as it was built yesterday. Could be the tires if you think it's sluggish, could also be break-in period. My Explorer's acceleration and shifting didn't feel quite right until 1000+ miles. Did you get the 2.7 or 2.3?

OP
OP
Vigor

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
To echo what others have said, it does look really good! Has me second-guessing getting Sasquatch on my OBX since I want body-colored fender flares and no one seems to have AMB flares they want to sell or trade. Too late now as it was built yesterday. Could be the tires if you think it's sluggish, could also be break-in period. My Explorer's acceleration and shifting didn't feel quite right until 1000+ miles. Did you get the 2.7 or 2.3?
Well I better get to 1000 miles quickly then!
2.7 engine

And thanks!
I've been going between eco, normal and sport for everyday driving. Going to stick to normal as it gives me the pep I need but also doesn't hemorrhage gas like sport mode does. I'll use eco mode when I'm doing the longer highway roadtrips on cruise control
Sponsored