Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Howdy All

I called my local Discount tire trying to find GY Duratrac's for my 2023 OBX. I asked what is the biggest tire I can run without rubbing or a lift level. They said I should be good with LT285 /65 R18. Anybody running this size tire? I hate the metric unit of measuring tires. To this old mind it just don't make since. Yes I have seen the tire calculators etc, but it still don't make sense.

I ordered them and they should be here this week.

Thanks
Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That'd roughly be the size of Badlands setup.

Discount Tire

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thank you for choosing Discount Tire, Mike!

The 285/65R-18 will certainly fit with the proper wheel dimensions and compared to the stock tire sizing, will be 1/2" taller and just under 1-1/4" wider.

What are the wheel specs you'll be running?

On a side note, here's a good write up that goes into reading metric tire sizing

How to Read Tire Size | Discount Tire

OP
OP
Mlarv

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for choosing Discount Tire, Mike!

The 285/65R-18 will certainly fit with the proper wheel dimensions and compared to the stock tire sizing, will be 1/2" taller and just under 1-1/4" wider.

What are the wheel specs you'll be running?

On a side note, here's a good write up that goes into reading metric tire sizing

How to Read Tire Size | Discount Tire

I will be running the stock OBX wheels. I will take a look at the article.

Thanks
Mike

dbattle

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Thanks
Mike
If you look through the forums you'll find that people have run as big as 315.70/r17's. Obviously that requires a wheel change but if you want bigger that's an option. Personally if I ever actually get my Bronco then I'll be going with Nitto Recon's 305/70/r17.

Here's a link to a PDF I put together of a variety of options that forum members have put upgraded to. It includes both r18's and r17's. Might help visualize what you want.

https://tinyurl.com/OBXBroncoWheels

Sponsored

Discount Tire

Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Thanks
Mike
Thank you for confirming the wheels, Mike. LT285/65R-18's would be better suited on an 8.5-inch wide wheel, though it can be safely run on a 8-inch wide wheels.

Your factory wheels are 7.5-inches wide so you may want to consider 265/70R-18 or 275/70R-18.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank you for confirming the wheels, Mike. LT285/65R-18's would be better suited on an 8.5-inch wide wheel, though it can be safely run on a 8-inch wide wheels.

Your factory wheels are 7.5-inches wide so you may want to consider 265/70R-18 or 275/70R-18.
275/70 is the biggest I’ve seen on stock wheels with no further mods needed. I went with 275 width and it feels perfect with the right tires.

OP
OP
Mlarv

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will call the store, they are the ones that said it would work. Hum

Discount Tire

Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I will call the store, they are the ones that said it would work. Hum
My apologies for the confusion, they may have assumed the fitment without double checking.

OP
OP
Mlarv

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My apologies for the confusion, they may have assumed the fitment without double checking.
No fault of yours. I called the store, and they confirmed they would not fit on stock rims. They looked at the order and someone overrode your system on the order. The have 275/70R-18. in stock so I will be there Wednesday morning getting them.

Thanks If I didn't start this thread I would have had to go back twice instead of one and done.

Sponsored

Discount Tire

Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No fault of yours. I called the store, and they confirmed they would not fit on stock rims. They looked at the order and someone overrode your system on the order. The have 275/70R-18. in stock so I will be there Wednesday morning getting them.

Thanks If I didn't start this thread I would have had to go back twice instead of one and done.
Glad we could help and to hear the store corrected the issue. If we can be of further assistance from this end please let us know.

Thanks again for your support!

Last edited:

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Howdy All

I called my local Discount tire trying to find GY Duratrac's for my 2023 OBX. I asked what is the biggest tire I can run without rubbing or a lift level. They said I should be good with LT285 /65 R18. Anybody running this size tire? I hate the metric unit of measuring tires. To this old mind it just don't make since. Yes I have seen the tire calculators etc, but it still don't make sense.

I ordered them and they should be here this week.

Thanks
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/powder-coated-obx-wheels-🔥.55462/

Check out this post. The thing you want to make sure is that the width of the OBX stock rim is 7.5". Whenever looking for a bigger tire, just make sure the width is in spec.

BigRed13

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Any update on the ride quality change? I’m very interested in going this route and a little worried my wife(primary driver of the Bronco) is going to be upset with an E rated tire ride.

OP
OP
Mlarv

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any update on the ride quality change? I’m very interested in going this route and a little worried my wife(primary driver of the Bronco) is going to be upset with an E rated tire ride.

I did not get E rated tires, I have had them before off road they are great on the road they are not so great. The ride quality with the standard load capacity is no different. The off roading I couldn't air down as much.

BigRed13

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I did not get E rated tires, I have had them before off road they are great on the road they are not so great. The ride quality with the standard load capacity is no different. The off roading I couldn't air down as much.
I ended up finding some Grabber AT's in an SL rating, 275/70/18. Very happy I did, and with them so far.
Sponsored