John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sounds like your wife is looking forward to going on road trips in it. How worried are you about mileage? The Bronco really hits every checkbox for me but the mileage is REALLY terrible for road trips.

Has me wanting to wait for the inevitable Jeep 4xE competitor with plug in capabilities.
My non-SAS OBX with the rear-locker and accompanying 4.27 axles gets 21mpg on the highway at 77mph. With the stock 3.73 axle, should get 22mpg.
Sponsored

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This looks so good I ran around until I found an OBX to really check out the interior. I wrote them off a million years ago due to the wheels and interior color choices. I have no purpose buying a badlands but was going to.

Seeing how awesome yours looks and the interior looking much better in person... I think you just saved me like 5k!

OP
OP
Vigor

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This looks so good I ran around until I found an OBX to really check out the interior. I wrote them off a million years ago due to the wheels and interior color choices. I have no purpose buying a badlands but was going to.

Seeing how awesome yours looks and the interior looking much better in person... I think you just saved me like 5k!
I can't tell you how many changes I made to my order lol
Yes in person I love the navy pier.

And while I wasn't a fan of the grill at first, I'm fine with it now. Ford making it so difficult to get a wildtrak meant that the obx was my only recourse. And honestly I'm happy that I did!

MattAttack85

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX and 23 Jeep JLU
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is perfect! I've been trying to figure out if I like the stock OBX wheels on my Bronco and this thread makes me LOVE them when they're all blacked out like that. Might look good with white letter tires too... HMMMM! :unsure:

Thanks Vigor! Your Bronco looks awesome!

OP
OP
Vigor

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is perfect! I've been trying to figure out if I like the stock OBX wheels on my Bronco and this thread makes me LOVE them when they're all blacked out like that. Might look good with white letter tires too... HMMMM! :unsure:

Thanks Vigor! Your Bronco looks awesome!
Thanks Matt!
Makes you wonder if Ford will ever offer the blackout look as an option for OBX in future year models

Sponsored
OP
OP
Vigor

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks Vigor for the inspiration. I really like what you did, love the Carbonized Gray wheels and Falken tires. I plan on doing the same thing to my OBX, getting a quote on the wheels. As you say, it seems like a happy medium. Did you notice a change in your MPG?
1100 mile update on gas mileage

New tank. New trip setting to keep an eye on the gas this time around. Premium (91) gas, and ECO mode most of the time followed closely by NORMAL mode.
Averaging 18.5mpg

Hope that helps !

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had 275/70/R-18 General Grabber A/TX tires put on the Bronco on Wednesday. My god what difference. I've been really thinking about getting different wheels but with the new tires the wheels don't look that bad. Much better than the MiniVan Duellers that were on there.

Ford Bronco Happy medium? 275/70/r18 on OBX 709F4A4C-8B05-406C-A546-0BEA984FC9F2_1_105_c

TonySTL

Outer Banks
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just swapped my stock OBX tires for 275/70r18 Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT tires. The change in appearance is dramatic! I highly suggest the Cooper tires; the chunky shoulders give the tire a wider appearance and the Load E rating is whisper quiet.

OP
OP
Vigor

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just swapped my stock OBX tires for 275/70r18 Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT tires. The change in appearance is dramatic! I highly suggest the Cooper tires; the chunky shoulders give the tire a wider appearance and the Load E rating is whisper quiet.
Have any photos?

Sponsored

Leo Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had 275/70/R-18 General Grabber A/TX tires put on the Bronco on Wednesday. My god what difference. I've been really thinking about getting different wheels but with the new tires the wheels don't look that bad. Much better than the MiniVan Duellers that were on there.

Ford Bronco Happy medium? 275/70/r18 on OBX 20211226_082846
Looks great. I like the retro script replacing the OBX fridge magnet.

Markpf189

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Really want to get the BFO KO2 275/70s for my OBX when it comes in, and have the rims powder coated black. I looked around..and all in, seems it’ll probably be around $2300. Is that about what everyone here paid for the tires plus coating?

Also, did you sell your old tires, and what did you get?
Sponsored