Sponsored

Hard top discoloration??? I took this to two Ford dealers and they said nothing was wrong?!?!?!

351W-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1969 Bronco, 2001 Excursion (7.3L)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like 3 are actually wrong, not 1. Ha! Glass half empty mentality.
Actually, there could be something to this. I would take a VERY close look at the structure of each of the panels and see if there's any difference between the one outlier and the other pieces. You may be trading a structurally superior piece for an inferior, but color-matched, piece.

Herb
Sponsored

rustedgoat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm thinking there is some guy driving around with 3 faded roof panels.

Was everything matching when you took delivery? How much time did it take to get like this? What treatments are people using to protect tops?

OP
OP

ared1roc

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Corvette, 23 Corvette, 21 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi there, Tony. This discoloration concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of the last Ford dealer you visited? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end. To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation".

I sent the information yesterday in a message. Please let me know if you need anything else and thank you for your help.

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you Ford Motor Company.

OP
OP

ared1roc

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Corvette, 23 Corvette, 21 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So here is the latest. I got an email from Ford today that basically said that it is up to the dealer to decide if the top has any defective issues. I am so done with Ford and this truck. I have always loved the Bronco from back in the OJ days and beyond and when they came out with these vehicles, I felt that I had to have one. Now after this experience I am not sure I will ever buy another Ford again. The tone of the email was very mater of fact and they acted like I am being unreasonable? Anyone can see that this top is defective? I am attaching a copy of the email for everyone to see. I hope that this type of thing doesn't happen to any of you guys reading this. The funny thing is she talks about painting the top??? Ford certainly will not paint the top. It is comical. I am wondering if they will feel the same way when my attorney speaks with them?

IMG_9609.PNG

Sponsored

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm thinking there is some guy driving around with 3 faded roof panels.

Was everything matching when you took delivery? How much time did it take to get like this? What treatments are people using to protect tops?
You sound the service writer... fishing for the OP to say he used a dirty microfiber brush to wash it. lol

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So here is the latest. I got an email from Ford today that basically said that it is up to the dealer to decide if the top has any defective issues. I am so done with Ford and this truck. I have always loved the Bronco from back in the OJ days and beyond and when they came out with these vehicles, I felt that I had to have one. Now after this experience I am not sure I will ever buy another Ford again. The tone of the email was very mater of fact and they acted like I am being unreasonable? Anyone can see that this top is defective? I am attaching a copy of the email for everyone to see. I hope that this type of thing doesn't happen to any of you guys reading this. The funny thing is she talks about painting the top??? Ford certainly will not paint the top. It is comical. I am wondering if they will feel the same way when my attorney speaks with them?

Ford Bronco Hard top discoloration???  I took this to two Ford dealers and they said nothing was wrong?!?!?! IMG_9609.PNG
That sounds like the same nonsense Ford told me about my (at the time) 4 year old Expedition that had severe bubbling and flaked off paint on my hood and decklid. They said if their was no perforation or penetration then it was not covered by the 5 year paint warranty. What a crock of crap. I was livid at the time. I ended spending several grand of my own money to have the hood and decklid treated and repainted. I still say keep fighting it, but I am not sure how far it can go up.
Sponsored