First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I posted this on another thread the other day. $80 on Amazon. Should get the job done and still a lot cheaper then most top specific hoists out there. Just need some long tow straps and some Chanel to mount to the garage ceiling.

C7E0685C-5B7A-4453-B9E4-30653325A44C.png
Need some high ceilings for this
Sponsored

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Need some high ceilings for this
Will probably end up mounting it in the attic and cutting a hole for the hook to come through if there isnā€™t enough height.

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I know there are a couple threads on this topic, but I feel like we still don't have a lot of answers. I'm hoping to re-start the conversation as I'm hoping for warmer days soon! I'm thinking of getting a hoist from Harbor Freight or similar and just using straps for the top. Only issue I could see is weight balance but my ceiling is high enough that it doesn't have to be 100% level. I'm thinking I can put the 2 front panels and middle section in the bags provided and put them on top of the roof before hoisting. Looking for any other ideas. If I was to spend the money, I'd go with the Hoss Hardtop Hoist if they ever come out with one.
Just installled mine this weekend. $25 all in. 4 eye bolts and 2 ratchet straps ran through pool noodles for the top to rest on. I'll run them front to back with the glass open.

Biltwild

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Nissan Titan Pro-4x , 2021 Ford Bronco 4Dr BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Harbor freight hoist

works great.After taking the top off I have a dolly cart I put it on instead of letting it just dangle there.

AH64DB2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Hard Top Hoist FFC086D2-D33B-41D6-9F24-194BBF9C2CCA

$20-$25ā€¦ less than 1 hour start to finish.

Sponsored

Busterbronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT Premium and 1982 F100 Short Bed.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am thinking of mounting the harken hoist on a plywood base, then mount some trolley rails on the garage ceiling. that way I can back in, lift the roof off and then trolley the thing about 8-10' to the other side of my garage for storage there (then my wife wouldn't have to park her car under it when it is suspended in storage) .

Itchysquatch

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Message from Racor:
" The Racor Ceiling lift was discontinued early in 2021. We no longer have any inventory available and are not aware of any distributor partners with product left either. There is no replacement/substitute item. "
Thatā€™s a bummer. I have it, pretty simple and solid. Just use a drill to raise and lower. Donā€™t have my bronco yet, or a hard topā€¦ but Iā€™ll be ready when I došŸ˜‚.

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

pfbz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Turbo, 991 Turbo S, 996 turbo, Q5 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've previously used those electric hoists previously to lift/store dirt bikes to get them out of the way, plenty strong. Overkill really, as i think the Bronco top is ~80# for the two-door without the panels and actually even lighter (68#) for the four-door version without the panels. Still, offers great convenience.

I mounted the winch itself on the side wall on a piece of superstrut bridging multiple studs and then used the pulley on the ceiling itself above the lift point to give more lift height with fairly low ceilings...

The part that can be trickier is figuring out the actual straps or lift points on the top itself and how to rig it so it stays level... That seems to be what the Harken lift does with cross straps and four smaller pulleys with separate ropes that to the main rope/cable? Might have to play with it a bit...

For me, the lift system has to be secure enough to leave the top suspended for days/weeks/months at a time, as my issue is more storage space for the top vs. ease of removal...

HF 880# hoist:

Ford Bronco Hard Top Hoist Screen Shot 2022-02-15 at 3.39.54 PM

Harken top cross straps:
Ford Bronco Hard Top Hoist Screen Shot 2022-02-15 at 3.54.00 PM