Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 LR Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I know there are a couple threads on this topic, but I feel like we still don't have a lot of answers. I'm hoping to re-start the conversation as I'm hoping for warmer days soon! I'm thinking of getting a hoist from Harbor Freight or similar and just using straps for the top. Only issue I could see is weight balance but my ceiling is high enough that it doesn't have to be 100% level. I'm thinking I can put the 2 front panels and middle section in the bags provided and put them on top of the roof before hoisting. Looking for any other ideas. If I was to spend the money, I'd go with the Hoss Hardtop Hoist if they ever come out with one.
Sponsored

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Could be worth compiling a list of those threads and summarizing some stuff

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I posted this on another thread the other day. $80 on Amazon. Should get the job done and still a lot cheaper then most top specific hoists out there. Just need some long tow straps and some Chanel to mount to the garage ceiling.

C7E0685C-5B7A-4453-B9E4-30653325A44C.png

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The thing i am most interested in is the best way to attach to a hoist..

OP
OP
PittShawn

PittShawn

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 LR Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I posted this on another thread the other day. $80 on Amazon. Should get the job done and still a lot cheaper then most top specific hoists out there. Just need some long tow straps and some Chanel to mount to the garage ceiling.

C7E0685C-5B7A-4453-B9E4-30653325A44C.png
Yep, pretty much what I was thinking, though I was going to pay the extra money for the wireless remote. It seems like most of the systems overthink/over-engineer what you really need.

Glad that at least one person doesn't think it's a crazy idea.

Sponsored

evilletruck

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Hard Top Hoist C7E0685C-5B7A-4453-B9E4-30653325A44C

Thats exactly what I did and works great.

evilletruck

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know there are a couple threads on this topic, but I feel like we still don't have a lot of answers. I'm hoping to re-start the conversation as I'm hoping for warmer days soon! I'm thinking of getting a hoist from Harbor Freight or similar and just using straps for the top. Only issue I could see is weight balance but my ceiling is high enough that it doesn't have to be 100% level. I'm thinking I can put the 2 front panels and middle section in the bags provided and put them on top of the roof before hoisting. Looking for any other ideas. If I was to spend the money, I'd go with the Hoss Hardtop Hoist if they ever come out with one.

The back glass needs to be open which helps balance out the weight a bit but its not 100% I have a low ceiling and it still works with just a hoist in the ceiling, I ran the channel above the rafters to give a bit more space. so the hoist actually sits at same height as the rest od the ceiling to give me enough room.

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i have the Hard top for my 1970 to store along with the 21 Badlands 2 dr top. I had hoped to have a way to hoist them both but I think I am going to do it with two hoists. I have plenty of room and 12 foot ceilings so this spring I will get it done.

kbBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2019 Honda Rebel 300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The back glass needs to be open which helps balance out the weight a bit but its not 100% I have a low ceiling and it still works with just a hoist in the ceiling, I ran the channel above the rafters to give a bit more space. so the hoist actually sits at same height as the rest od the ceiling to give me enough room.
Do you mind providing a few photos? Sounds like you have a similar set up in your garage. I was going to go Harken but this little guy for $80 seems like a steal.

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love to see some pics of a Bronco hard top using a hoist.

skweaz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs