Sponsored

Has anybody experienced stuck in rail yard delay?

Rex21c

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fusion energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Chatting with another member that has their bronco stuck in our local rail car yard. When I talked to our sales guy about shipping last month and how long it takes, he said that sometimes vehicles will be waiting in limbo at the rail yard in order for transit to the dealer to be arranged. Has anybody had this happen, and where you able to do something to get your Bronco to your dealer faster? I'm willing to pay to have somebody pick it up, heck buy the dealer lunch and dinner to just go get it if that's at all possible. I worked for companies that bypassed shipping all the time and picked up product direct from the airport/railyard before so I know it's possible. Wanted to bring the GM some options that worked for others in the event that this happens to me. Bronco getting built this week and have a trip mid March that I plan on taking it on.
Sponsored

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My railyard wait is finally over after 15 days. I should be able to pick it up this evening as long as there are no issues in the service dept. I don’t know of any way to get it outta there any faster. I even offered to go pick it up with my car trailer and bring it to the dealership.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

And yes, rail yard delay is the worst. Knowing it’s just sitting there very close to you, but you can’t have it. Each day of rail yard waiting is like ten days of waiting for your build week.

dcaero

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yup 14 days sitting 20 miles from the dealer. Apparently (like much else in life these days) there is a shortage of trucks and/or drivers.

Yukon65006

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Jeep Patriot, 06 BMW F650GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last week my dealer had about 20 vehicles sitting at the Portland rail. Last week they had 14 delivered, 1 bronco. This morning they have 40 sitting at the yard, 4 broncos. Mine has only been sitting since the 26th so far.

Sponsored

SCADABronx

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LC100, Gen2 Pilot, MX P100D, Gen1 MDX, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I called the United Road dispatcher for the local yard and he offered to let my dealer come pick it up. My salesman was ready to go with me and do it. Then he called me to say the owner of the dealership said no. They didn't want the liability. It sat for another week before I took delivery.

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
In a rail yard, it's first off the rail car, last to be loaded up for delivery to dealership.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I called the United Road dispatcher for the local yard and he offered to let my dealer come pick it up. My salesman was ready to go with me and do it. Then he called me to say the owner of the dealership said no. They didn't want the liability. It sat for another week before I took delivery.
They wouldn’t let me either. I offered to haul it to the dealership on my car trailer and even mentioned that after I had already technically purchased the vehicle, I went ahead and added it to my insurance policy, and the truck and trailer I would use to tow it are insured on my commercial policy, and I would sign a waiver releasing them from any liability. No luck.
Sponsored