First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My biggest concerns here would be safety; factory 4-door seats don't have the mechanics for rear seat egress in an accident, and I don't know if the torso airbags are different between the two.

*Maybe* you can bodge certain things together using your 2-door seat but a power seat rail and power lumbar, but no matter what I would advise against power back adjustment.

If you really want to go fancy, slip in the massaging unit from an F150 Platinum 😏

OP
OP
Ft. Worth Rob

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My biggest concerns here would be safety; factory 4-door seats don't have the mechanics for rear seat egress in an accident, and I don't know if the torso airbags are different between the two.

*Maybe* you can bodge certain things together using your 2-door seat but a power seat rail and power lumbar, but no matter what I would advise against power back adjustment.

If you really want to go fancy, slip in the massaging unit from an F150 Platinum 😏
Good points. I’d only do the driver’s seat power and I’m considering deleting the drivers rear seat and, at 6’4”, nobody wants to sit behind me anyway because I don’t play nice when it comes to moving my seat forward. 😁 I bought an X7 just so passengers could sit comfortably in the middle row with my seat all the way back.

Overall, sounds like it may be a lot more trouble than it’s worth.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well it really depends on your ambition level. I went through the effort of adding massaging and lanekeeping to my Flex but never tried adding power seats to a vehicle. Not enough access to parts for testing.

Just having power forward/back/up/down sounds doable and would certainly be nice. Power lumbar adjust would be the easiest but least beneficial.

Silverados suck for ergonomics but going from manual seats to 10-way power made a huge difference in comfort since I could finally tilt and raise the base. Still not enough to get comfy but that's Chevy's fault for their garbage layout.

joe_r95

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 F150, 15 escape. 67 scout
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good points. I’d only do the driver’s seat power and I’m considering deleting the drivers rear seat and, at 6’4”, nobody wants to sit behind me anyway because I don’t play nice when it comes to moving my seat forward. 😁 I bought an X7 just so passengers could sit comfortably in the middle row with my seat all the way back.

Overall, sounds like it may be a lot more trouble than it’s worth.
I'm also 6'4, and can't get the seat into a position I like. The recessed portion of the back hit's my shoulder blades weird anyway I try it on the manual seat, the power version can raise the knees and lower your butt. I'm a ford tech, and have been doing some studying. There's 1 extra power wire missing from the connector. The seat base bolt patterns are the same 2 to 4 door. You'll definitely lose function of the upper handle if it can be installed on the new frame at all. I'm thinking of buying a salvage seat, and transferring my parts onto the electric one. Possibility of having to buy a new 4 door seat back cover and cushion. Just replacing the bottom frame is unlikely to work due to the different way's the back locking/adjustments work. Also you'd have to create some kind of hybrid trim if it did. If you're really interested let me know, and I can log how it goes.
Sponsored