Sponsored

Has anyone's dealer ordered a bronco using their reservation number without consent?

mengdi24

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis GV70
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had a reservation back when it was first opened up. After a year of waiting, I decided to cancel my reservation and order. I have been getting emails from the dealer to ask me to put in the order before November deadline. I had no intention of ordering again so I didnt bother to do anything. For the last few weeks, I've been getting confirmations and status updates from Ford regarding my 2023 bronco order. Has anyone else in the forum experience this? If so, how do I cancel my order? I dont want the dealer to use my order and sell it to someone else at a huge markup. Just trying to do my part on getting rid of the Mark-Up scene nowadays.
Sponsored

mcon33

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Willys Unlimited; 2022 Bronco BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They will just say you walked away after converting. Good luck. They refund you your $100 yet?

OP
OP

mengdi24

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis GV70
Your Bronco Model
Base
They will just say you walked away after converting. Good luck. They refund you your $100 yet?
Yeah they refunded a year ago. Unfortunately, I think that's what will happen. They will get to sell it with a huge markup which sucks for the community. I thought ford is verifying all the information this year for the order to go through but I guess not.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a reservation back when it was first opened up. After a year of waiting, I decided to cancel my reservation and order. I have been getting emails from the dealer to ask me to put in the order before November deadline. I had no intention of ordering again so I didnt bother to do anything. For the last few weeks, I've been getting confirmations and status updates from Ford regarding my 2023 bronco order. Has anyone else in the forum experience this? If so, how do I cancel my order? I dont want the dealer to use my order and sell it to someone else at a huge markup. Just trying to do my part on getting rid of the Mark-Up scene nowadays.
Do these emails from Ford contain the order #? At the very least it would be interesting to see what it looks like on Ford's site when you login to look at your reservation.

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
On that subject, I got my bronco, but I wonder where the heck my original $100 went because it was never credited to the purchase price.

Sponsored

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

On that subject, I got my bronco, but I wonder where the heck my original $100 went because it was never credited to the purchase price.
Your dealer has to refund you.

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Even if you walk away the dealer shouldn't be able to use it to order a vehicle.

One reason I never cancelled my order linked to my week one reservation is I figured the dealer would just keep the order in place and take it as a stock unit they couldn't order. Maybe modify my order to something closer to what they wanted.

I have heard of some dealers stealing reservations from one person to order a vehicle for someone else.

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Your dealer has to refund you.
I suspected as much, it probably went the same way as the $1500 MY22 price protection they claim they will "send me a check for when ford credits them, but it can't be mentioned anywhere in the sales paperwork". I won't hold my breath.

LockedBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
First dealer I was going to use did. Went over the build with them back in early 2021. Told me I had to wait until 22 to place order. Called to make a change because it wasn't ordered yet and they said I couldn't make a change because order was placed already. Found out order was placed the day after I made the reservation and not for what I wanted. After refusing to give me a price told them to cancel.
Had to get credit card company Involved to get my 100$ back.

Bronco Raptor

Raptor
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Just went through this.

Last February dealer ordered a Ford Bronco Raptor in my name. When they are called me in February I told him I would not place the order.

Low and behold in October the girl from the office called me and told me my Bronco Raptor was built, I screwed the dealership by taking possession. They did everything they could do for me not to take it.

Sponsored

Bronco Raptor

Raptor
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

OP
OP

mengdi24

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis GV70
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do these emails from Ford contain the order #? At the very least it would be interesting to see what it looks like on Ford's site when you login to look at your reservation.
Yes, they do and I got a VIN number already. It's also showing up on the ford website under my account.

OP
OP

mengdi24

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis GV70
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just went through this.

Last February dealer ordered a Ford Bronco Raptor in my name. When they are called me in February I told him I would not place the order.

Low and behold in October the girl from the office called me and told me my Bronco Raptor was built, I screwed the dealership by taking possession. They did everything they could do for me not to take it.
Damn, good for you for sticking it up to them. I don't think I would be able to take possession of it once it has been built which is scheduled for January next year. I guess I have to let it go then.

Sassy51

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Blk BD 2.3 Auto - 1/11/22+9/21/22 11/29/22
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What’s yer build? I’m sure someone will take it! Maybe somebody who’s been waiting two years?

OP
OP

mengdi24

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis GV70
Your Bronco Model
Base
What’s yer build? I’m sure someone will take it! Maybe somebody who’s been waiting two years?
It's a azure grey 2dr basequatch with 2.7 engine and hardtop. I think lots of people would be interested. I wish I could transfer order. But I think the dealer wouldnt even let me know when they get it at the dealership. They will just say I abandoned the order.
Sponsored