First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BaseSquatch, 2021 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I've had this happen a few times now. I always keep the headlight selector in the Auto position as shown in the attached picture. But sometimes when I open the door I hear this repetitive chime and I noticed that Auto is not selected anymore on the headlight selector knob. In fact, nothing is selected - they are all blank. If I then close the door and lock the truck all of the exterior lights go on and stay on. I then have to unlock the truck, play with the selector knob and reselect the Auto setting. Then it is fine, and the lights go off when I lock up the truck. Anyone else have this happen?

IMG_20220111_123101912.jpg
Sponsored

Djstang2011

Badlands
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
Squatchn'

Squatchn'

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here's another thread/post with the same concerns.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...n-when-switched-off.27483/page-2#post-1003047

I've had the same problem in the 2 days I had my Bronco, but its currently at the dealer getting other issues fixed so I haven't been able to play with it and see if I could get it to happen multiple times.
My main concern is that I don't want to wake up one day to a dead battery because the lights have a mind of their own. Hopefully the truck would be smart enough to turn the lights off after a period of time since it should realize that the truck isn't on, no key detected.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have had this happen once.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi there – send a message to us with your VIN and approximate mileage. I’ll look into this for you. Thanks!
So I've had this happen a few times now. I always keep the headlight selector in the Auto position as shown in the attached picture. But sometimes when I open the door I hear this repetitive chime and I noticed that Auto is not selected anymore on the headlight selector knob. In fact, nothing is selected - they are all blank. If I then close the door and lock the truck all of the exterior lights go on and stay on. I then have to unlock the truck, play with the selector knob and reselect the Auto setting. Then it is fine, and the lights go off when I lock up the truck. Anyone else have this happen?

Sponsored

CliffCo

Big Bend
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Iconic Silver, Big Bend Sasquatch (MIC top)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It happens to me when my knee grazes the knob when I get in... The chime lets you know it was changed, so pay attention to what you did the half second before the chime. ;) đź‘Ť

OP
OP
Squatchn'

Squatchn'

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
It happens to me when my knee grazes the knob when I get in... The chime lets you know it was changed, so pay attention to what you did the half second before the chime. ;) đź‘Ť
I thought of this and have been very aware of my knee placement when getting in and out.

CliffCo

Big Bend
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Iconic Silver, Big Bend Sasquatch (MIC top)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I thought of this and have been very aware of my knee placement when getting in and out.
I figured, but sometimes the simplest thing... Any other electronic issues? I have a former resident of Dirt Mountain and had to get my battery replaced about 2 weeks in.

OP
OP
Squatchn'

Squatchn'

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I figured, but sometimes the simplest thing... Any other electronic issues? I have a former resident of Dirt Mountain and had to get my battery replaced about 2 weeks in.
No other electronic issues for me. And thankfully this issue hasn't happened in about a week now, so fingers crossed that maybe this issue resolved itself somehow. All these electronics freak me out which is a big reason why I went with the base model, but even the base still has a ton of electronic controls.

HamAndCheese73

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base

Same exact thing has been happening to me, so I'm glad I'm not insane. And like you, I'm also confident I'm not hitting it with my knee. Definitely seems like a glitch, though at least it's nothing catastrophic. But I'm very interested to hear if there's a fix for it.

Mine is also a base model by the way. 2.3 MT.

Sponsored

AtomJester

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Ford Bronco ii
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hi there – send a message to us with your VIN and approximate mileage. I’ll look into this for you. Thanks!
Hello Ford,

This has happened to me three times now as well. Every time I look and their is no indicator light on the headlight selector even though I leave it on auto. Luckily, I've always caught it shortly after it happens.

Please advise.

bcgray

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru Outback Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Wait..i might have a factory alarm? Push what twice on the fob?

OP
OP
Squatchn'

Squatchn'

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wait..i might have a factory alarm? Push what twice on the fob?
He's got a Badlands so I think what he's saying doesn't apply to us basic folk, haha.

OP
OP
Squatchn'

Squatchn'

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Same exact thing has been happening to me, so I'm glad I'm not insane. And like you, I'm also confident I'm not hitting it with my knee. Definitely seems like a glitch, though at least it's nothing catastrophic. But I'm very interested to hear if there's a fix for it.

Mine is also a base model by the way. 2.3 MT.
Just curious, when did you get your truck? I took delivery of mine on December 4th and it has done this glitch a handful of times, but it has not happened in about a week now. I've noticed that the sync system seemed to get bogged down a lot during the first few weeks of owning the truck, as I assume it had a lot of updates to download. The sync system has been more quick to respond recently, so my hope is that this issue will kind of work itself out.
Sponsored