First Name
Garan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list. Here 2dr badlands & Raptor 1/23
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Need help if possible, looking for the HIGH beam wire, signal wire, on the led headlight system, found low beam but need high beam color wire… help me and I’ll try to help you, thanks for everything….
Sponsored

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey, I reached out like you (January?) an was sent drawing out of the maintenance manual. Pages looked right but the wire colors were wrong at socket so I didn't rely on the drawing. Take your meter and test them; that's what I did.

Goodluck... lol..

OP
OP
Slickace1500

Slickace1500

Badlands
First Name
Garan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You didnt happen to figure out and right down the colors did you?

JP_Oracle

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
High Beam is controlled by LIN BUS. No voltage available at the headlight connector. If you're trying to run something off the high-beam, it's not possible.

Ford Bronco Headlight plug diagram 1658253872230

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Slickace1500

Slickace1500

Badlands
First Name
Garan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well bummer, that’s what I want to do is get a power signal from high beam to run a relay for doubled beams :(

OP
OP
Slickace1500

Slickace1500

Badlands
First Name
Garan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Or can I get a line single off off pin 5 to feed a relay?

Deleted member 32220

Or can I get a line single off off pin 5 to feed a relay?
No, there is only data on any bus network. Think of it as a wired internet connection. Modules on each end generate and decode can messages. I wouldn’t go probing around with a test light, those days are long gone. It’s not just a power or a ground anymore. What your trying to do can be done!

OP
OP
Slickace1500

Slickace1500

Badlands
First Name
Garan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want to run auxiliary lights that turn on automatically when high beam click on off-road of course and selectable.

hollapm

First Edition
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition, 2021 Ranger, 2024 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm in the same boat - looking to connect driving lights so that they turn on only with high beams - yet are also connected to the upfitter switch.
Was about to try and tackle this tonight - LOL... GRR
Looks like low-beam is Pin 1 and parking is pin 9

Sponsored

JP_Oracle

Base
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I want to run auxiliary lights that turn on automatically when high beam click on off-road of course and selectable.
You'd have to decode the LIN BUS data on that circuit, then program an IC to turn on your accessory when it see's that line of data when the switch or auto HB is activated.

From Ford:

Ford Bronco Headlight plug diagram 1658928189263

hollapm

First Edition
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition, 2021 Ranger, 2024 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You'd have to decode the LIN BUS data on that circuit, then program an IC to turn on your accessory when it see's that line of data when the switch or auto HB is activated.

From Ford:

@JP_Oracle
Do you know if anyone has a tutorial on the Bronco (or Ford) that uses a decoder for the LIN BUS? I'm envishioning - LIN BUS decoder that plugs into the ODB2 that you would have programmed to read for specific date, the LIN BUS decoder then has outputs on it, depending on how you code the LIN BUS. This would then be connected to a relay which would then connect to the accessory?

When you say IC - I assume you mean an integrated Circuit? connecting the LIN BUS to IC is where I'm starting to stumble. I guess its best to say I don't know how to program an IC. I'm good with relays ;-) and good with Forscan programming.

JP_Oracle

Base
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
@JP_Oracle
Do you know if anyone has a tutorial on the Bronco (or Ford) that uses a decoder for the LIN BUS? I'm envishioning - LIN BUS decoder that plugs into the ODB2 that you would have programmed to read for specific date, the LIN BUS decoder then has outputs on it, depending on how you code the LIN BUS. This would then be connected to a relay which would then connect to the accessory?

When you say IC - I assume you mean an integrated Circuit? connecting the LIN BUS to IC is where I'm starting to stumble. I guess its best to say I don't know how to program an IC. I'm good with relays ;-) and good with Forscan programming.
I’m not aware of a tutorial at the moment. I know you can use certain oscilloscopes to decode LIN & CAN. You’d have to isolate the appropriate wire from the module listed in the document I posted from Ford.

rayofsi

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor Gen2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
High Beam is controlled by LIN BUS. No voltage available at the headlight connector. If you're trying to run something off the high-beam, it's not possible.

Thanks for that info! I tapped a wire out and was wondering why it didn't work !

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2019 Ford F250, 2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Would this be the same for turn signals and parking lights? Because I Installed an Aeroskin Lightshield on a friends ‘22 Wildtrak. Per the instructions, using the connectors, tapped the wires to each side turn, and one to parking, one to ground, in the headlight harness. Worked perfectly.
Sponsored