Sponsored

Hello Everyone. Anyone tried or have any experience with RollnJack for hardtop removal?

DucatiExplorer

Raptor
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hello everyone,

I am waiting to get my Braptor delivered from factory and am interested in getting a lift to assist me on taking off the roof by myself. I have looked at the TopLift Pro and now just saw this one the RollnJack. Anyone have any experience with this one at all? I looks great and like the manual winch option on it. Here is the link for you all to see what it is if you haven't seen it yet.

https://www.rollnjack.com/

Am considering this one
Sponsored

mattsmeesh

Heritage
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Just got mine delivered, but haven't assembled it yet. Gonna try to do it tonight and will report back.

Wirenut20

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 97 F150, 92 Mustang LX 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

CUZICAN

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I love mine, assembly took about 20, maybe 30 minutes. Extremely easy to use. Only thing that I didn't like is they don't sell one with the half moon post for the bronco, they sell you the standard post, then make you pay an extra 50 bucks for the half moon post. What I prefer about it over the top lift pro, is it holds all the weight, not you pulling down on the lever. It is essentially a trailer tongue jack in the middle of the lift. Well, that and it saved me a couple hundred bucks.
Ford Bronco Hello Everyone. Anyone tried or have any experience with RollnJack for hardtop removal? 20230524_164932

Last edited:

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hmmmmm I just went on Amazon to order one and the lift is there but I couldn't find the half moon posts.

Sponsored

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How the hell do these even work???

So three points of contact inside the vehicle up against the top of the roof, jack up to lift roof a few inches and then…….what????

How do you drive out from under it (or roll it back) without that forward arm hitting the roll bar?

CUZICAN

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How the hell do these even work???

So three points of contact inside the vehicle up against the top of the roof, jack up to lift roof a few inches and then…….what????

How do you drive out from under it (or roll it back) without that forward arm hitting the roll bar?
It's actually 5 points of contact, 4 points are fixed, the 5 point is removable and is installed after you remove the top. The 5th point is for stability, but it lifts and holds with 4 points.

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's actually 5 points of contact, 4 points are fixed, the 5 point is removable and is installed after you remove the top. The 5th point is for stability, but it lifts and holds with 4 points.
Clever.

From looking at the vid - I have to assume this is for 4 door only. I just can’t imagine there is enough room behind the roll bar on a 2 door to lift - even temporarily. You’d have to be so far to the rear of the top it would just lift the rear and flip forward. and fall.

CUZICAN

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clever.

From looking at the vid - I have to assume this is for 4 door only. I just can’t imagine there is enough room behind the roll bar on a 2 door to lift - even temporarily. You’d have to be so far to the rear of the top it would just lift the rear and flip forward. and fall.
I don't have any experience with the 2 door, but realistically I can't see there being enough room for this to fit, but I could be wrong.

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you aren't vertically challenged or some other issue, the clamshell portion of the top is really light. The hardest part of moving it is putting it down. In addition I don't have tons of room in my shop so I use my baker's scaffold. Place the scaffold close to the vehicle, sit in the cargo area, push up on the top and then move over to the scaffold. 1/3 the price and then you have a great tool for work around the house.

https://www.harborfreight.com/900-lb-multi-purpose-scaffold-63050.html

Sponsored
OP
OP

DucatiExplorer

Raptor
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Just got mine delivered, but haven't assembled it yet. Gonna try to do it tonight and will report back.

Thank you so much for commenting. Look forward to see the results

OP
OP

DucatiExplorer

Raptor
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I love mine, assembly took about 20, maybe 30 minutes. Extremely easy to use. Only thing that I didn't like is they don't sell one with the half moon post for the bronco, they sell you the standard post, then make you pay an extra 50 bucks for the half moon post. What I prefer about it over the top lift pro, is it holds all the weight, not you pulling down on the lever. It is essentially a trailer tongue jack in the middle of the lift. Well, that and it saved me a couple hundred bucks.
Ford Bronco Hello Everyone. Anyone tried or have any experience with RollnJack for hardtop removal? 20230524_164932

OP
OP

DucatiExplorer

Raptor
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Wow great write up and excellent picture. The only issue or concern I have with the Jack is the fact that you cannot close the back window. You can with the Top Lift. However on the flip side, you get the extra arm to stabilize and secure it when you move. So I am torn between the two but glad to see the positive reviews.

The other thing I noticed is with warranty. I see the Jack one has a 1 year warranty and the Top Lift Pro has a lifetime warranty. Something to consider I suppose.

Thank you for taking the time to comment and provide feedback. Much appreciated.

THE Buckeye Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2021 BMW M4 Comp
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't have any experience with the 2 door, but realistically I can't see there being enough room for this to fit, but I could be wrong.
Correct. 4 door only. The challenge with the two door is that the placement of the rollbar really prohibits utilizing this method for removal.

Greg2060

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Reviving this thread since I'm considering this lift. An Amazon reviewer says that you do not need the half moon posts for the Bronco. Is that true?
How's it working out for all that have one?
Sponsored