Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a '21 Big Bend and have never had the Alexa icon show up in settings. All the material I have read says the new updates would give me that icon so I can sync to Alexa.

My Bronco is auto updated for new versions of the software. Its current in updates. I've been patiently waiting for it to appear one day but now I am just going to hope the wisdom of the crowd can can help me.

Anyone else have this problem and solved it??
Sponsored

Last edited:

MidnightSpecial

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Raptor Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Alexa is a paid service through Ford Streaming. Im assuming your 2021 no longer has that subscription. You will have to sign up for it.

Edit: Or are you saying you dont even seen the icon in your settings?

OP
OP
Wannabe Techie

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Alexa is a paid service through Ford Streaming. Im assuming your 2021 no longer has that subscription. You will have to sign up for it.

Edit: Or are you saying you dont even seen the icon in your settings?
No icon at all. I pay for streaming through Amazon. I don't have the icon that allows me to set her up in the car.

Vizsla23

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford partnered with Amazon to get Alexa on Ford services. Im assuming like others here that you have to pay for the Ford subscription to get Alexa. I don't have the Alexa app on my 23' and I don't pay the subscription. Do you have an Android or Apple? Just sync and use Siri or Google Assistant.

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have a '21 Big Bend and have never had the Alexa icon show up in settings. All the material I have read says the new updates would give me that icon so I can sync to Alexa.

My Bronco is auto updated for new versions of the software. Its current in updates. I've been patiently waiting for it to appear one day but now I am just going to hope the wisdom of the crowd can can help me.

Anyone else have this problem and solved it??
Dod you download the “Ford+Alexa” app on your phone?

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

"Once connected" the app will show up. I do not use it, only started the install to see the message.

I would expect that you would also have to have Alexa herself already installed on device you want to use

Now, over the noise inside a Bronco, especially softtop, do you think Alexa will hear you? It's bad enough the voice activated Google assistant responds to NPR.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Some clarification on Alexa. I have it and love it, but ...

1) Alexa is not an App meaning you won't see it in the "apps" section. It is not something you open. It's a setting you configure (setting, 2nd page between ford Assist and 911).

2) Alexa will answer questions and work with your shopping list, but it will not allow you to do alarms, timers, or reminders (a big deal for me because I heavily use reminders)

3) Alexa will NOT stream music unless you also pay for Fords package ($5-$10 per month IIRC). So I can use Alexa, I just can't use her to stream any music.

4) Alexa requires yet a separate fee as well but I got 3 years as part of my Built in Nav.

...so basically, to use Alexa to its full extent (minus reminders) it requires 2 different "subscribtions"... Possibly 3 if you count the actual Amazon (I don't remember the difference between paying for Amazon prime and just having a free Amazon account)

Just some information to realize before you get excited about having Alexa in the Bronco.

Now with that said, I absolutely love it. Will be driving around and think of something, and I can ask her question, for example, what's the air quality, when does Costco open, how many years hasn't been since the dinosaurs (I have a kid), etc. You can also ask her things like how far is Moab or what's the weather, and as long as you gave her permission to your location, she can tell you....so as you are driving, that kind of info is live.

Ford Bronco HELP: Alexa doesn't show up in Settings in '21 Bronco 20230427_055152

Last edited:

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1) Alexa is not an App meaning you won't see it in the "apps" section. It is not something you open. It's a setting you configure (setting, 2nd page between ford Assist and 911).

2) Alexa will answer questions and work with your shopping list, but it will not allow you to do alarms or reminders (a big deal for me because I heavily use reminders)

3) Alexa will NOT stream music unless you also pay for Fords connectivity package ($5-$10 per month IIRC). So I can use Alexa, I just can't use her to stream any music.

4) Alexa requires yet a separate fee as well but I got 3 years as part of my Built in Nav.

...so basically, to use Alexa to its full extent (minus reminders) it requires 2 different "subscribtions"

Just some information to realize before you get excited about having Alexa in the Bronco.

Now with that said, I absolutely love it. Will be driving around and think of something, and I can ask her question, for example, what's the air quality, when does Costco open, how many years hasn't been since the dinosaurs (I have a kid), etc. You can also ask her things like how far is Moab or what's the weather, and as long as you gave her permission to your location, she can tell you....so as you are driving, that kind of info is live.

Ford Bronco HELP: Alexa doesn't show up in Settings in '21 Bronco 20230427_055152
Google assistant and Android auto answers all those questions for free ... I've been trying to figure out the appeal of Alexa...

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Google assistant and Android auto answers all those questions for free ... I've been trying to figure out the appeal of Alexa...
There are some folks that don't like doing everything through their phone... I'm one of those. I like having full use of my phone while my Nav is being ran on my vehicles, etc.

Most of the time, I don't even connect my phone via BT for phone calls That's because I don't like talking on the phone while I'm driving at all..hands free or not.

OP
OP
Wannabe Techie

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

2) Alexa will answer questions and work with your shopping list, but it will not allow you to do alarms, timers, or reminders (a big deal for me because I heavily use reminders)

3) Alexa will NOT stream music unless you also pay for Fords package ($5-$10 per month IIRC). So I can use Alexa, I just can't use her to stream any music.

...so basically, to use Alexa to its full extent (minus reminders) it requires 2 different "subscribtions"... Possibly 3 if you count the actual Amazon (I don't remember the difference between paying for Amazon prime and just having a free Amazon account)

Thanks for the info. That Amazon Alexa icon in settings does not show up for me at all.

But now that you informed me of all the upcharges, I may just stick with Siri. I have Alexa at home pay for Amazon music to stream but if there are extra charges even after I set this up, I can stick with Apple Tunes and stream from there.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for the info. That Amazon Alexa icon in settings does not show up for me at all.

But now that you informed me of all the upcharges, I may just stick with Siri. I have Alexa at home pay for Amazon music to stream but if there are extra charges even after I set this up, I can stick with Apple Tunes and stream from there.

Yeah... I wish I could provide better information as to the specific names of the two subscriptions.

All I know is that when I first got my Bronco, it came with a 3-year subscription of some sort, plus a free 30-day trial of something else.

During that 30 days, my Alexa would stream my music (still didn't do reminders which I really hope they fix). Once the 30 days was up, she would no longer stream music, but she continued to work for everything "not streaming"

Personally I don't even know how that's possible, to separate her streaming from Amazon servers versus her accessing Amazon servers for everything else)

Maybe this would give you more info.

https://www.ford.com/alexa/

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have the icon and I’d like to get rid of it. :ROFLMAO: But it doesn’t hurt anything so…

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have the icon and I’d like to get rid of it. :ROFLMAO: But it doesn’t hurt anything so…
I totally understand there's a lot of people that hate Alexa, or just a big brother aspect of all of this technology.

But it's pretty dang handy. I mean I can say hay Ford and get some things done (For example you can say hey Ford, set my temperature to 75°)

But Alexa adds the power of the internet to that so You can ask a question as you're driving around. Maybe because I have a kid I realize how handy it is as we drive around and question things.

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I got Alexa in my house. Just never seem to have a need for it while driving.
Sponsored