First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco, plaid S, xc90, rivian, element
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a BD non 4a catus, hardtop 2.7 and mid package on order but I really want 4auto.

Test drove around one for a day from carmax and the 2h just wont work for my lifestyle and seasonal weather. the 4a was great and made a big difference. It was slushy out and the 2h was fishtailing around. Truck was on 285/75 /17 k02 so they are decent tires. I know how to drive in snow but I will take AWD over RWD any day especially with my very steep 250' driveway. I don't like the idea of always driving around in 4h when its slippery or crappy out.
Ford Bronco Help me decided which available  Bronco to buy. Mixed bag of features 1673904034111

I found three viable alternatives. Sadly non are exactly how I would spec mine if I was to order. If I was to order it would go - Badlands (BL), hardtop, 2.7, SAS, modular bumper, Lux, cactus.

Found the following all have hardtops and all have 4a.

Ones a BL, with SAS (huge plus) in azure,(ok color not my top pick) with leather(dont care about leather), high package(dont care about high), 2.3 its 60k and free delivery at MSRP. on order. They offer free delivery and would take a trade in so I dont need to go to the dealer. Less time at a dealer means more time working aka making more money vs loosing money at a dealer.

Ford Bronco Help me decided which available  Bronco to buy. Mixed bag of features 1673903976020

Next is a BL NON SAS but has the 1k beadlock wheels, 2.7, tweed top(dont care about it), body armor (not a huge fan), Lux ( love the heated wheel), modular bumper ( looks very cool but not a deal breaker). 66k ish, dealer markups 2.5k which isn't that bad. On order. ( located about a hour away)
Ford Bronco Help me decided which available  Bronco to buy. Mixed bag of features 1673903911907

Last is from a dealer that said 10k markup, then said 6 and later said 5k. Its almost the same build as mine . Black diamond -area 51, the black alloy wheels (rather have the steel), 4a (must have), 2.7, removable side steps (cool options but not needed). I will most likely upgrade tires and suspension eventually on this one the others I would probably keep stock for now. They want 55k. If I could get it at MSRP I probably would but this but I hate the idea of overpaying for a car which in 6 months I bet will all be selling for MSRP. its on the lot. Not too far from my house but its in a urban area where they want a premium for everything they are higher than most every ford dealer I spoke with.
[
Ford Bronco Help me decided which available  Bronco to buy. Mixed bag of features 1673909246416

My order shouldn't be in until early march so i could keep on waiting and hope something shows up. Looking over the recent news from ford they won't be taking any new orders for 23 and people are getting pushed to 24 if they want lux or SAS from a while track. Makes me think even if I did get a order this year it wouldn't be built to 24 if im lucky. I also figure prices will continue to increase overtime so a small dealer markup isn't horrible and I get to enjoy it sooner.

I go back and forth, I like area 51 over azure but i really want SAS and the vinly seats, 6 is cool but not a deal breaker. I don't like all the extra add ons to jack up the price on the 66k one its kinda bs and I wouldn't wasnt the extra 8k if I was to custom order. Our original order was to be a extra car so the 4a wasn't a deal breaker but after we did out test drive we decided it is a good replacement for our currently "family" car so the 4a is required.

Is one better than another for possible retained value. Would I be just fine with the non SAS on the BL or is the added features of the SAS worth it ?

1673903844520.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Go for option number one and don't look back. Especially at MSRP it'd a no Brainerd.

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am assuming #1 is not manual transmission.

I personally prefer #2 from this list. This is likely a hot take, but I do not like or think 2.3/auto is desirable. BL already has advanced 4WD and this is a hard top lux car which is constrained going into 2023.

I agree with your consensus that if you could get #3 at MSRP it would be a great buy.

I'd also be interested in links to the window stickers for all 3 cars.

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would not assume that Raptor is available at $77k.

Lots of dealers auto-post in transit vehicles that actually belong to someone else, or will actually be marked up significantly once you reach out to them. It's a strategy to pull you in.

You can't trust aggregator sites like autotrader, cars.com, etc for very in-demand vehicles.

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Number 1.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would not assume that Raptor is available at $77k.

Lots of dealers auto-post in transit vehicles that actually belong to someone else, or will actually be marked up significantly once you reach out to them. It's a strategy to pull you in.

You can't trust aggregator sites like autotrader, cars.com, etc for very in-demand vehicles.
Yes, this exactly. My 7/20/20 reservation has been listed on my dealers website with window sticker link for almost 2 weeks along with another 14 Broncos that are not available. As of yesterday, mine is sitting in Gibson, IN on its way to St. Paul, Minnesota.

MudMonsterRacin

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford put 4A on my black diamond and I didn't even order it. I also didn't pay for it lol . That being said, Its nice, but it's not a deal breaker. I would've been fine tapping the 4H button. Id stick with what you ordered IMO instead of settling for other stuff you don't want.

OP
OP
lemonslush

lemonslush

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford put 4A on my black diamond and I didn't even order it. I also didn't pay for it lol . That being said, Its nice, but it's not a deal breaker. I would've been fine tapping the 4H button. Id stick with what you ordered IMO instead of settling for other stuff you don't want.
yea I havent canceled it yet. But I like the feel of the 4a on the road vs 2wd.

OP
OP
lemonslush

lemonslush

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am assuming #1 is not manual transmission.

I personally prefer #2 from this list. This is likely a hot take, but I do not like or think 2.3/auto is desirable. BL already has advanced 4WD and this is a hard top lux car which is constrained going into 2023.

I agree with your consensus that if you could get #3 at MSRP it would be a great buy.

I'd also be interested in links to the window stickers for all 3 cars.
No window sticker exists for the first one all i have is a print out of the order.
Ford Bronco Help me decided which available  Bronco to buy. Mixed bag of features 1673969864619

https://www.arundelfd.com/api/legac...cguid=SH-0a1eafc2-4bea-e114-6e4a-3212638e97a9
Ford Bronco Help me decided which available  Bronco to buy. Mixed bag of features 1673969528462

https://www.colonialforddanbury.com...ealerCode=03603-F&postalCode=06811&status=NEW
Ford Bronco Help me decided which available  Bronco to buy. Mixed bag of features 1673969572556

Sponsored

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That extra twill top on #2 sucks unless you want it. I'd like to think you could get $1000-$1500 back selling it if you do not like it, but the combination of that and the ADM is annoying. I still like this the most out of your list in terms of configuration.

I am concerned about #1 if you say there is no window sticker. That can mean there is no VIN, because you can generate a window sticker from a VIN easily. No VIN means this vehicle basically does not exist.

OP
OP
lemonslush

lemonslush

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
im trying to convince the option 2 dealer to sell it to me for msrp otherwise im gonna pass. Rather pay msrp. The dealer called me and said even with a 2500 markup you can sell it for more of FB market place. I said then how come you havent sold yours yet?

OP
OP
lemonslush

lemonslush

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
THe dealer with #2 I told them about the #1 dealer and they said "you should buy that its a great deal" so now I want to know is the 2.3 enough power for the SAS? Not a race car just want to make sure it can merge on a highway safely.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
#1 if it's a stick shift, otherwise #3.

I would not do Sasquatch, 2.3 and an automatic transmission.

OP
OP
lemonslush

lemonslush

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
well i put a deposit down on the #1 and called my dealer that I had the pre order on to cancel it.Shes like "are you sure?"
I said yea even though it was pretty much everything I wanted aside from the 4a. Good thing about the #1 dealer I told them I wasnt in love with the options and they told me they will call once they get anything else with 4a avaible. ALso they drop the car off and take my trade in away no time at a dealer. also $500 discount on msrp is hard to beat. I figure throw the Ford performance pack on the 2.3. I do plan on ordering a bronco when banks open regardless of what I buy now.
Sponsored