Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Excuse me if this has been beaten to death but I need some help. I’ve been team Badlands since the beginning, but now that it’s time to submit my order I’m starting to waffle.

This will be my daily driver, replacing a 2003 4Runner. The T4R has been great, I named him Frank the Tank because it’s been so reliable over my 8 years of ownership. I’d like something just as practical but a little more fun with modern features so the Bronco checks the boxes for me. I have two kids aged 4 and 1 so there will be two car seats in the back. I drive mainly two-lane state roads on my commute to work, aprox 30 miles a day. There are some off-road parks near me that I would like to take it on the weekends. Mostly muddy, wooded trails with some hills in central KY. I started looking at a Wildtrak because of the blackout trim, but also love the look of the OB in Carb Gray with Roast interior. Perhaps you guys/gals can point out some factors I may have overlooked to help finalize my decision.

Original reservation:

Badlands 2.3/7spd

Optional wheels – keep the A/T KO2’s

MIC top

Vinyl/Washout

High

Any trim I get would be a 4 door with hard top and either High or Lux. I would skip the steel bumpers and bash plates on OBX/Wildtrak. So now I’m down to nit-pick small differences.

I miss driving a manual so I was all-in on the 7 speed at first. Once I realized I’d get the smaller engine and lose remote start I began building 2.7 badlands. Especially when it seemed the upgraded engine was only a few hundred dollars. Another issue I noticed when reading the forums yesterday was the cup holder placement in front of the shifter. Any kind of large cup would make it awkward to shift. I’ve always got a beverage in my cup holder and this seems like a big problem considering there are no drink holders in the doors. Also no port injection on the 2.3 isn’t ideal since I plan to keep this for another 8-10 years and 120-150k miles. Love the badlands washout interior and vinyl seats with kids. Bonus that it’s not an extra cost option like leather would be on the other two trims. However, don’t like that there’s no rear armrest/cupholders. So I stick with my badlands or go for the looks of an OB/WT?

Badlands pros:

Vinyl/Washout – no charge

KO2 All Terrain tires – better on road manners and a proven tire

Steel bumpers and skid plates stock

Swaybar disco

Manual available if I want to row gears

Badlands cons:

Manual seats

No rear armrest/cupholder

No signature “squatch” look

Rock rails instead of step bars for the kids

Black door handles and mirror caps

No fog lights (could always add aftermarket)

4.46 gears with the 2.7

Since I started leaning towards the 2.7L it opened me up to the other trims such as:

OB Squatch Pros:

Carb Gray / Roast combo looks great

Leather has rear armrest/cupholders

Body color door handles & mirror caps

Tube steps included

Sasquatch appearance

Fog Lights

Power seats

OB Squatch Cons:

Extra cost leather and carpet floors

Didn’t consider this trim until I saw the color combo

No blackout trim compared to Wildtrak

More $$ than Badlands as configured

Unknown Goodyear M/Ts on a daily

Wildtrak Pros:

Included hardtop

Fog lights

Rear armrest/cupholder

Power seats

Blackout trim

Graphics package

Standard squatch and 2.7

Can add side steps

Basically a decked out OB Squatch to start with

Wildtrak Cons:

Possibly delivery delays

Sandstone leather

Highest cost

Unknown Goodyear M/Ts on a daily

Cost as I built for each trim (they all have 2.7, tow pack, keyless entry pad, Aux Switches):

Badlands: $57,055

Outer Banks: $58,010

Wildtrak: $58,375

Ford Bronco Help me finalize my order badlands
Ford Bronco Help me finalize my order wildtrak
Ford Bronco Help me finalize my order ob squtch

Stick with the badlands I’ve always planned on? Or will I regret no sasquatch? I could add squatch to badlands but then I’m at 58,555 and creeping closer to 60k than I’m comfortable with. My original budget was closer to 50k with 2.3L 7spd and high pack until I talked myself into more upgrades over time.
Sponsored

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The dis-connectable front sway bar of the Badlands should be an incredible feature if you ever plan on getting in the dirt/rocks. Will this be your daily driver or weekend warrior? I have rubber washout floor in my Tundra, and I must say I really don't care for it. I've never gone to a car wash and sprayed it out, I've only ever cleaned it with a bucket and a sponge. It just stays dirty though. At least with carpet the dirt can fall into the pile and you don't feel like its a mess the day after you clean it. My $0.02 cents
MHco5cC.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
bytheway

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The dis-connectable front sway bar of the Badlands should be an incredible feature if you ever plan on getting in the dirt/rocks. Will this be your daily driver or weekend warrior? I have rubber washout floor in my Tundra, and I must say I really don't care for it. I've never gone to a car wash and sprayed it out, I've only ever cleaned it with a bucket and a sponge. It just stays dirty though. At least with carpet the dirt can fall into the pile and you don't feel like its a mess the day after you clean it. My $0.02 cents
Ford Bronco Help me finalize my order MHco5cC
I'm leaning badlands for the SBD. Daily driver but plan on taking it wheeling on the weekends. The disconnect is going to be one item that will be harder to add aftermarket I believe. I want the rubber washout floors mostly for my kids who tend to spill their drinks. The carpet in the back of my 4Runner is ruined, even with weathertech mats stuff seems to get around them. Could use carpet floor mats on top of the washout floors if I find I miss carpet. I can always add some step bars aftermarket. Plus I expect the MGV seats to be easier to clean and wipe down than the leather seats. Commodity constraints on the leather seats could cause delays in build date. I'll miss the cup holders but hopefully there will be a solution using the molle grid in the back of the front seats.

I didn't notice the bronco nation interior materials video until this weekend. I like the cactus gray dash in the badlands more than the anodized roast dash in the outer banks.
Sponsored