Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My Wildtrak came with a plastic front bumper. Near the end of last year, I bought a modular bumper from a member and installed it with the expectation I'd eventually install fog light kit. I bought a Diode Dynamics Triple Fog Light Kit around Christmas and I finally got a chance to install the kit last weekend and ran into a problem.

When I bought the bumper, I noticed it was missing some bolts just below the opening for the intercooler, but that wasn't an issue. What I noticed last weekend is that the three bolts per side that the fog light bracket would bolt to are also missing and there are no threads to screw anything into. Before I take this bumper apart to add in the fog light harness, what am I missing to be able to make this work? Some captured nuts or something? The exploded view of a bummer on the parts website doesn't seem to be much help.

Any assistance of what I need to order would be appreciated!

Ford Bronco Help Needed With Modular Bumper DRL Pic
Ford Bronco Help Needed With Modular Bumper 20240413_101947
Ford Bronco Help Needed With Modular Bumper 20240413_101953
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looks like you’re maybe missing the actual reinforcements that go into the bumper.

LH: M2DZ-17E814-B
RH: M2DZ-17E814-A
Center: M2DZ-17E814-C

You’re also going to need some of the HB2 and HB4 bolts in this diagram (not exactly sure how many though)
HB2: W717964-S450B
HB4: W721447-S900

Ford Bronco Help Needed With Modular Bumper IMG_3451

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Although looking at the pictures again, are you sure that’s a factory modular bumper and not a knock off?

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Although looking at the pictures again, are you sure that’s a factory modular bumper and not a knock off?
Zooming in but I can’t tell for sure… the bolt heads don’t seem to have the bronco stamp on them. But again I’m zooming and and it’s pretty pixelated at that point. My MY22 has the bolts stamped. Again hard to tell but if it’s a ford bumper and the original owner gave him the bolts… should have that branding on the bolts.

But agreed it looks like it’s missing the parts from your previous post.

Eroc88

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's hard to say for certain judging by the bolt heads, this might be a Chinese knockoff. The left and right upper reinforcement brackets on each side should have three attached bolt clips on the brackets for the bolts to screw into, which are more than likely missing.

Sponsored
OP
OP
PullMeOverRed22

PullMeOverRed22

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for the info guys.. It was an interesting story I got from the guy I bought it from.

The story was that back in '21 he'd been hired to take some photos of the new Bronco, but they wanted it with a certain look (i.e. modular bumper and a few other items) that the Bronco they were shooting didn't have. He claims that he pieced this bumper together with individual parts ordered through his local dealer and even mentioned about having to get hardware from outside the dealer cause of availability. So hearing that, I wasn't alarmed when I didn't see the Bronco lettering on the bolts.

The guy seemed on the level to me, but who knows.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for the info guys.. It was an interesting story I got from the guy I bought it from.

The story was that back in '21 he'd been hired to take some photos of the new Bronco, but they wanted it with a certain look (i.e. modular bumper and a few other items) that the Bronco they were shooting didn't have. He claims that he pieced this bumper together with individual parts ordered through his local dealer and even mentioned about having to get hardware from outside the dealer cause of availability. So hearing that, I wasn't alarmed when I didn't see the Bronco lettering on the bolts.

The guy seemed on the level to me, but who knows.
What is covering the holes where the front park aid sensors normally go? Is that something you installed or did it come like that?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It came like that.
What is it though? It’s hard to tell from the pictures but it looks like little spot welded plates that you would knock out if you needed to use the holes.

OP
OP
PullMeOverRed22

PullMeOverRed22

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What is it though? It’s hard to tell from the pictures but it looks like little spot welded plates that you would knock out if you needed to use the holes.
They are just a plastic cover for the sensor holes. I think I may have time this weekend to take the bumper off and take some pictures what the backside looks like.

Sponsored

wizardoforange

Wildtrak
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They are just a plastic cover for the sensor holes. I think I may have time this weekend to take the bumper off and take some pictures what the backside looks like.
I'm not certain on this, but I think that these sensor holes might be a good test of authenticity. Each hole is keyed differently on the Ford modular bumper and they are all the same on the Chinese ones.

OP
OP
PullMeOverRed22

PullMeOverRed22

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm not certain on this, but I think that these sensor holes might be a good test of authenticity. Each hole is keyed differently on the Ford modular bumper and they are all the same on the Chinese ones.
Thanks. I will try and remember to get some pics of the holes from the back.

Billybronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '06 BMW 850i, '98 Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just pulled my modular bumper off of my WildTrack for a Warn winch bumper. I am down in the San Diego area and you can have it if you come down to pick it up (I'm not shipping). It is only missing a few fasteners that were needed for the new bumper and the parking sensors.

OP
OP
PullMeOverRed22

PullMeOverRed22

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just pulled my modular bumper off of my WildTrack for a Warn winch bumper. I am down in the San Diego area and you can have it if you come down to pick it up (I'm not shipping). It is only missing a few fasteners that were needed for the new bumper and the parking sensors.
PM Sent
Sponsored