Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How do you know it's someone else reservation?
The OP said so:
I have nothing other then what seems to be a low order number.
Long story. A friend put me in contact with an owner of a VERY LARGE NY Dealership. I he slotted me into an early order/allocation that was cancelled. So I have nothing other then that order number.
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I built the truck the way I wanted it. And the dealer "ordered it". Check at the link I posted a above. That's all I have.
That’s the order summary sheet, with a proper priority code, so that’s all a great sign.

Right now the only two people who know the status, and who will receive updates on when it gets scheduled and assigned a VIN, are the original reservation holder, and the dealership.

If you want any information on its status, you’ll have to get it from the dealer. There’s no way for the consumer to get more information otherwise based on order number or anything else.

And I’m going to say this again: negotiate and agree on the price now, in writing, before the bronco is delivered.

Last edited:

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The OP said so:
He didn't say reservation. I thought maybe you could see a different name on the reservation than the current order holder.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He didn't say reservation. I thought maybe you could see a different name on the reservation than the current order holder.
Well, OP said “early order […] that was cancelled”… so assuming that’s accurate, the order had to originate from a reservation, and the original reservation holder’s information will still be tied to that order.

It is possible to transfer a reservation but only to a household member, and thus far we haven’t heard of any dealership being able to transfer to someone else… and certainly if they were able to, then OP would see the order in their Ford.com profile.

Frankly, somewhere is the original reservation holder who can still see this order in their profile.

Last edited:
OP
OP

jrsq270

Black Diamond
First Name
james
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just spoke to the Dealer. Now maybe because the Owner is a Friend of a friend. I have always just dealt personally with the Sales Manager.
When I was first referred to the dealer. I spoke to the owner personally. Within 10 minutes the sales manager called me and we did the build.
She told me any updates would be going to the original reservation holder email. Because my order was put in under and early holder who cancelled. The latest the dealer has been told. They have 35 current Bronco orders. They where told to expect the first deliveries in September. She does not currently have a VIN or Windows sticker for my order. She said they get that at the same time as the owner gets the VIN. That's when the dealer knows to normally expect the vehicle soon. So guess I'm just going to keep waiting. Sorry, she also told me. I would not see anything in my Ford.com
Thanks for the help peeps.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So Zack, if someone came to you today and wanted to order a Bronco, would they have to make a reservation first and then convert it to an order? If so, does that go for all special orders or just the Bronco and/or new vehicles they are accepting reservations on.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So Zack, if someone came to you today and wanted to order a Bronco, would they have to make a reservation first and then convert it to an order? If so, does that go for all special orders or just the Bronco and/or new vehicles they are accepting reservations on.
Couple things:

1. Bronco and Mach E both have reservation systems set up for someone to make one at home. So, someone can sit on their couch and secure themselves a reservation time stamp. This is unique to those models.

2. Because order banks are now open (which wasn’t the case when reservations first started), a person can walk directly into a dealer and place an order on the spot… the effective result is their reservation timestamp will be the same as the order time stamp.

3. Even though my username rhymes with his, I’m not actually @Zach@Granger… the person for whom I think you’re confusing me with.

;)

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Couple things:

1. Bronco and Mach E both have reservation systems set up for someone to make one at home. So, someone can sit on their couch and secure themselves a reservation time stamp. This is unique to those models.

2. Because order banks are now open (which wasn’t the case when reservations first started), a person can walk directly into a dealer and place an order on the spot… the effective result is their reservation timestamp will be the same as the order time stamp.

3. Even though my username rhymes with his, I’m not actually @Zach@Granger… the person for whom I think you’re confusing me with.

;)
In my book, you know as much, no more, than any dealer (y)

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Couple things:

;)
Actually Zack, I know you’re not Zach. Don’t sell yourself short, you’re a knowledgable person and I trust you’re info.

Besides that, I was just trying to figure out if this order was actually tied to a reservation or just an order that the op may not receive for a while. You were spot on and he confirmed it.
Sponsored