Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

On July 14, 2020 I reserved two Broncos. In March of 2021, I converted one of my reservations to an order, and that 4 Door Bronco has been delivered. I was told at that time that the 2-Door Bronco’s were being delayed for various reasons, whereupon, I would be required to wait to convert the second reservation if I wanted to purchase a 2-Door.

In October of 2021 I received a call from my local Ford dealer letting me know that the 2-Door Bronco’s are expected to be available to order ‘soon’. As a result of the call, I logged into my Ford on-line account and clicked on “My Reservations, Orders & Purchases” and noted to my surprise that my 2nd reservation was listed as cancelled on or about the time that the first reservation had been converted to an order. I immediately called Ford’s help line because I DID NOT cancel the reservation, and it did not make sense because my dealer had called me earlier in the day confirming that I had a reservation that could be converted ‘soon'.

One of Ford’s customer service representatives (CSR) named “Shelby” (great name for a Ford CSR btw) informed me that she could not help me and that I needed to call my local dealer. The next day, I called and was told at first that my dealer had canceled my reservation on September 18th, 2021. They later told me that I had moved the order to another dealer (which I had NOT), and they further later told me that I had canceled the reservation back in March (which, again, I had NOT). It is my assertion that all this deflection was because my reservation had actually been used to place an order for a Bronco that would not be sold to me.

Without knowing how to prove my assumption, I continued to make multiple phone calls and attempted ‘chats’ on the Ford on-line platform, whereas, Ford’s CSR's would simply refer me back to my local dealer. After multiple calls, my local dealer offered to order a 2-Door Bronco to my specification on November 3rd, 2021. Whereupon, I immediately complied and was emailed a confirmation directly from FMC. After receiving the confirmation of the order from Ford Corp, I called the Ford hotline at 800-334-4375 every 4-5 weeks to confirm that my order remained in the FMC queue awaiting a production date and a VIN number. I also made periodic calls to my local dealer inquiring about the status of my order, confirming my agreed upon purchase price upon arrival, and verified and confirmed my eligibility to attend one of Ford’s complimentary Bronco Off-Road Rodeos.

Although I was a little gun shy, I remained cautiously optimistic that my green 2-door Bronco would ultimately be produced and delivered. That is until the 10th day of March, 2022 when I made one of my systematic phone calls to Ford’s CSR hotline. Whereas, I was actually originally pleased to learn that my order had been assigned VIN# 3FMCR9B62NRD with a production date of May 2022. That excitement very quickly turned sour when I ran the VIN and discovered that my order had been converted to a Bronco Sport without my knowledge, much less my consent. I immediately called the dealer and was given a complete run around.. Despite my repeated calls, no viable explanation, much less a solution was offered other than I was advised to wait until the 2023 or 2024 year models are available and try again then. As you can imagine, my frustration, disappointment and down right anger was/is rather hard to put into words that are appropriate to share on this forum. I have also made many phone calls to various Ford related entities, upon which I have been offered no solution. I have even sent multiple snail maill letter’s to various Ford executives in hopes that one of them would make this right.

Unfortunately, that has not happened yet, which is why I am asking for feedback on this forum. Hopefully, someone on here might be able to give me some ideas on who I can reach at Ford who would help me complete the purchase of a 2022 Eruption Green 2-Door Bronco that I have been trying to buy now for nearly 2 years.
Sponsored

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Go into the dealer and raise a fuss. No one on here is gonna be a huge help. You could tweet at Levine, 50/50 shot. In all honestly, you’re probably out of luck if it’s already manufactured. I’m sorry you have to deal with this, it’s not right.

Cooldude

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes e400 cab, edge titanium, ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Go into the dealer and raise a fuss. No one on here is gonna be a huge help. You could tweet at Levine, 50/50 shot. In all honestly, you’re probably out of luck if it’s already manufactured. I’m sorry you have to deal with this, it’s not right.
Agree with this, I think your just going to have to wait for the order banks to reopen.

Someone is going to suggest a lawyer, but they can’t do anything for you.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

On July 14, 2020 I reserved two Broncos. In March of 2021, I converted one of my reservations to an order, and that 4 Door Bronco has been delivered. I was told at that time that the 2-Door Bronco’s were being delayed for various reasons, whereupon, I would be required to wait to convert the second reservation if I wanted to purchase a 2-Door.

In October of 2021 I received a call from my local Ford dealer letting me know that the 2-Door Bronco’s are expected to be available to order ‘soon’. As a result of the call, I logged into my Ford on-line account and clicked on “My Reservations, Orders & Purchases” and noted to my surprise that my 2nd reservation was listed as cancelled on or about the time that the first reservation had been converted to an order. I immediately called Ford’s help line because I DID NOT cancel the reservation, and it did not make sense because my dealer had called me earlier in the day confirming that I had a reservation that could be converted ‘soon'.

One of Ford’s customer service representatives (CSR) named “Shelby” (great name for a Ford CSR btw) informed me that she could not help me and that I needed to call my local dealer. The next day, I called and was told at first that my dealer had canceled my reservation on September 18th, 2021. They later told me that I had moved the order to another dealer (which I had NOT), and they further later told me that I had canceled the reservation back in March (which, again, I had NOT). It is my assertion that all this deflection was because my reservation had actually been used to place an order for a Bronco that would not be sold to me.

Without knowing how to prove my assumption, I continued to make multiple phone calls and attempted ‘chats’ on the Ford on-line platform, whereas, Ford’s CSR's would simply refer me back to my local dealer. After multiple calls, my local dealer offered to order a 2-Door Bronco to my specification on November 3rd, 2021. Whereupon, I immediately complied and was emailed a confirmation directly from FMC. After receiving the confirmation of the order from Ford Corp, I called the Ford hotline at 800-334-4375 every 4-5 weeks to confirm that my order remained in the FMC queue awaiting a production date and a VIN number. I also made periodic calls to my local dealer inquiring about the status of my order, confirming my agreed upon purchase price upon arrival, and verified and confirmed my eligibility to attend one of Ford’s complimentary Bronco Off-Road Rodeos.

Although I was a little gun shy, I remained cautiously optimistic that my green 2-door Bronco would ultimately be produced and delivered. That is until the 10th day of March, 2022 when I made one of my systematic phone calls to Ford’s CSR hotline. Whereas, I was actually originally pleased to learn that my order had been assigned VIN# 3FMCR9B62NRD with a production date of May 2022. That excitement very quickly turned sour when I ran the VIN and discovered that my order had been converted to a Bronco Sport without my knowledge, much less my consent. I immediately called the dealer and was given a complete run around.. Despite my repeated calls, no viable explanation, much less a solution was offered other than I was advised to wait until the 2023 or 2024 year models are available and try again then. As you can imagine, my frustration, disappointment and down right anger was/is rather hard to put into words that are appropriate to share on this forum. I have also made many phone calls to various Ford related entities, upon which I have been offered no solution. I have even sent multiple snail maill letter’s to various Ford executives in hopes that one of them would make this right.

Unfortunately, that has not happened yet, which is why I am asking for feedback on this forum. Hopefully, someone on here might be able to give me some ideas on who I can reach at Ford who would help me complete the purchase of a 2022 Eruption Green 2-Door Bronco that I have been trying to buy now for nearly 2 years.
At this point the I don't think anyone is going to be able to help you, since the order banks for MY22 are closed.

My suggestion is to find another dealership to work with when they reopen the order banks for MY23.

OP
OP
KnoxSooner

KnoxSooner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You might be right, Shane. Ford is not the company it once was. I have near perfect Model T in the garage that has been in the family for nearly 75 years. I assure you that Ford didn't disrespect my grandfather's generation they way Ford treats their current customers.

Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How do you have a confirmed two door bronco order that changes to a bronco sport? Especially if if showed up on you ford account as an order? Did it change to bronco sport? Also what exactly did you originally order? So many things here don’t add up.

OP
OP
KnoxSooner

KnoxSooner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Carl, I ordered a 2022 2-door base green w/ manual on 3 Nov 2021.
Preview Order C79B - E5A - 2 DOOR 4X4 : Order Summary Time of Preview: 11/03/2021 17:28:22

OP
OP
KnoxSooner

KnoxSooner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I checked on the order every 4-5 weeks from then on. On 3/10/22 when I called the Ford hotline they said my order had been given a VIN - the VIN they gave me was 3FMCR9B62NRD, which you can see is a Bronco Sport and not anything close to what I ordered. My dealer actually tried to sell me the Bronco Sport. It was both bizarre and insulting.

BenderSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Suge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yeah, your dealer screwed up. How does a 2-Door Bronco order switch to a Bronco Sport? The dealer must have inputted it as such.

Did you receive a PDF or printout of your order specifics? I mean a Bronco is more pricier than the Bronco Sport, so that dealer should have been reading off of your order printout when entering the order.

Hope you get a resolution that satisfies you.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The good news is you have a Bronco to drive while you wait for your 2dr. The bad news is you’re going to be waiting for a minute.
And as the old adage goes; fool me once shame on you……fool me twice…..well you know the rest.
I’m sure you know this but find another dealer when you try again.
Those dipshits cost you a couple years.

Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Carl, I ordered a 2022 2-door base green w/ manual on 3 Nov 2021.
Preview Order C79B - E5A - 2 DOOR 4X4 : Order Summary Time of Preview: 11/03/2021 17:28:22
Does using my real name somehow make the post more powerful? So on your ford account did it change to a sport? What color green? Cactus gray? Eruption green? What did the dealer say? Oops?

OP
OP
KnoxSooner

KnoxSooner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Apologize Bronco Cat, I was only attempting to answer your specific question and used the name I saw. No offense was intended. I am new to communicating via a forum - again, sorry. Nevertheless, the Bronco Sport never showed up on anything on my end, or anything that was sent to me by FMC or my dealer. I only found out about the sport when I made a routine phone call to FMC to check on my order when they said my order had been converted to a VIN w/ a Mfg date of May. However, when I ran the VIN, I was totally confused b/c it was a sport. I originally assumed I wrote the VIN down wrong, but later learned that the VIN the gave me was actually tied to my order number. However, FMC AND my dealer said my order had been changed. However, they had no explanation that made any sense. I can't remember what color the sport was, however, I don't think they come in green (but, I am not positive about that b/c I really don't know much about the sports). My dealer basically blew me off.

tallboy33

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You should have converted in March of 2021 with the 4 door. There was no reason you couldn't that I know of. That's when you were mislead in my opinion. Malicious? Who knows. I don't understand why they said you couldn't. I've had a couple beers though. I don't know what you can do about it now. I'm still waiting to get scheduled on my first 24 hr reservation and so tired of waiting and seeing all the bullshit. Hope it works out for you somehow.

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cancel the order and stop messing around with the order system until everything shakes out. Dealerships are getting Broncos more and more frequently due to either cancellations or delivered dealer stock. It’s becoming more and more possible to find one on a lot that is close to what you reserved or ordered. It takes patience and diligence but it can be done. .
Sponsored