Sponsored

Help! Ford just cancelled my 2021 order (reservation holder)

JWBroncoATL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Help! I just happened to check my junk email today (I rarely do) and found an email from Ford (see screenshot below) saying that my order (reservation from 2021) was cancelled.

I have been in contact with my dealer (who for the record I had just spoken to yesterday and had already previously ran my order through COVP earlier this year). He assured me the dealership DID NOT cancel my order.

He sprung into action to contact Ford and has assured me that I will not be loosing my order, that he is livid with Ford and that when he reached out, they told him it was a system glitch.

It is currently unresolved in that my reservation/order status at Ford.com still shows canceled. He assured me he is on it and that someone from Ford is supposed to contact me. We shall see.

EDIT: I personally contacted Ford Marketing where the Rep told me: "Yes, your Dealer did cancel your order. Contact them and have them put in another order for you".

I explained that I am a reservation holder from June 2021 and no, I will not be putting in a new order and requsted help. She told me there was nothing they could do and for me to contact my dealer.

I am sharing this in case anyone else with a pending order might have also had their order canceled from a "glitch" and hasn't checked their junk email.

Imagine having a two year old reservation/order that was cancelled without you authorizing it and not seeing the email in junk for months.

Ford Bronco Help! Ford just cancelled my 2021 order (reservation holder) Screenshot 2023-03-28 at 6.36.40 PM

Ford Bronco Help! Ford just cancelled my 2021 order (reservation holder) Screenshot 2023-03-28 at 6.28.39 PM
Sponsored

Last edited:

vicorjh

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Watch out! I just happened to check my junk email today (I rarely do) and found an email from Ford (see screenshot below) saying that my order (reservation from 2021) was cancelled.

I have been in contact with my dealer (who for the record I had just spoken to yesterday and had already previously ran my order through COVP earlier this year). He assured me the dealership DID NOT cancel my order.

He sprung into action to contact Ford and has assured me that I will not be loosing my order, that he is livid with Ford and that when he reached out, they told him it was a system glitch.

It is currently unresolved in that my reservation/order status at Ford.com still shows canceled. He assured me he is on it and that someone from Ford is supposed to contact me. We shall see.

I am sharing this in case anyone else with a pending order might have also had their order canceled from a "glitch" and hasn't checked their junk email.

Watch out! Imagine having a two year old reservation/order that was cancelled and not seeing the email in junk for months.

Screenshot 2023-03-28 at 6.36.40 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-03-28 at 6.28.39 PM.png
Get ahold of Ford customer service via chat to check your status. Also, did your dealership do the COVP at the model year changeover?

Ford had sent out cancellation notices (mistakenly?) several months ago. I received one at that time ... yet my order has recently been scheduled for production. May be another Ford email extravaganza, fwiw.

OP
OP
JWBroncoATL

JWBroncoATL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Get ahold of Ford customer service via chat to check your status. Also, did your dealership do the COVP at the model year changeover?

Ford had sent out cancellation notices (mistakenly?) several months ago. I received one at that time ... yet my order has recently been scheduled for production. May be another Ford email extravaganza, fwiw.
Yes, dealer did the COVP.

I will contact chat. Unfortunately not only did I get the email that said cancellation...the website order status shows cancelled as well.

OP
OP
JWBroncoATL

JWBroncoATL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

• I contacted Ford chat. They said to call Ford Marketing at 800-334-4375.
  • I called Ford Marketing
  • The Rep told me: "Yes, the dealer cancelled your order. Call your dealer".
  • I explained I have spoken to my dealer and the dealer assured me unequivocally they did not cancel the order..
  • The Rep literally said: "There is nothing I can do. Call your dealer and put in a new order".
  • I explained I am a reservation holder from 2021. I am not putting in a new order and that was an unacceptable answer.
  • She reiterated that is all she can do.
  • So basically I have a cancelled order that Ford is saying the dealer cancelled.
  • The dealer is saying they did not cancel it.
  • And I am a reservation holder for 2 years with a confirmed COVP order.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JWBroncoATL

JWBroncoATL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford retirees can look and see what’s really going on….
Any help from folks with contacts or know how to engage anyone at Ford with any assistance would be appreciated.

• Dealer says they didn't cancel
  • Ford says they did and to contact the dealer to "put in a new order"
  • I have been patiently waiting two years. I am not putting in a new order

OP
OP
JWBroncoATL

JWBroncoATL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

good luck my friend, nothing a few right call can fix !
Well I have called Ford twice now tonight and was told "nothing we can do. Contact your Dealer and put in a new order".

I am dead serious. They flat out refused to help and told me that there is nothing they can do - Just work with my dealer and since the order was cancelled, just put in a new one.

Reactions: TTT

TTT

Wildtrak
First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E Premium
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It sounds like a total creeper move, but I will look into LinkedIn and try to find people who work in Ford in a high position of something and contact them directly and tell them you have no choice, maybe maybe someone will take it seriously. most people who work the phones are not the ones in charge or they just don't care.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Somebody can surely see who cancelled the order. I would not rule out the dealer no matter what they are saying.

Sponsored

TTT

Wildtrak
First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E Premium
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OP
OP
JWBroncoATL

JWBroncoATL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Pm me order number and dealer code
Sent! Thank you so much for anything you can do to help me figure out what is really going on and any insights.

OP
OP
JWBroncoATL

JWBroncoATL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs