Sponsored

Help! Ford just cancelled my 2021 order (reservation holder)

Herewegoagain

Badlands
First Name
Maxemus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Help! I just happened to check my junk email today (I rarely do) and found an email from Ford (see screenshot below) saying that my order (reservation from 2021) was cancelled.

I have been in contact with my dealer (who for the record I had just spoken to yesterday and had already previously ran my order through COVP earlier this year). He assured me the dealership DID NOT cancel my order.

He sprung into action to contact Ford and has assured me that I will not be loosing my order, that he is livid with Ford and that when he reached out, they told him it was a system glitch.

It is currently unresolved in that my reservation/order status at Ford.com still shows canceled. He assured me he is on it and that someone from Ford is supposed to contact me. We shall see.

EDIT: I personally contacted Ford Marketing where the Rep told me: "Yes, your Dealer did cancel your order. Contact them and have them put in another order for you".

I explained that I am a reservation holder from June 2021 and no, I will not be putting in a new order and requsted help. She told me there was nothing they could do and for me to contact my dealer.

I am sharing this in case anyone else with a pending order might have also had their order canceled from a "glitch" and hasn't checked their junk email.

Imagine having a two year old reservation/order that was cancelled without you authorizing it and not seeing the email in junk for months.

Screenshot 2023-03-28 at 6.36.40 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-03-28 at 6.28.39 PM.png

I received a email from my dealership stating that orders not scheduled by Mar 27 were going to be cancelled and a new order at the higher price was necessary. Can someone tell me if Ford is still gonna honor older orders with the price guarantee??

MK0412

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord and Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Help! I just happened to check my junk email today (I rarely do) and found an email from Ford (see screenshot below) saying that my order (reservation from 2021) was cancelled.

I have been in contact with my dealer (who for the record I had just spoken to yesterday and had already previously ran my order through COVP earlier this year). He assured me the dealership DID NOT cancel my order.

He sprung into action to contact Ford and has assured me that I will not be loosing my order, that he is livid with Ford and that when he reached out, they told him it was a system glitch.

It is currently unresolved in that my reservation/order status at Ford.com still shows canceled. He assured me he is on it and that someone from Ford is supposed to contact me. We shall see.

EDIT: I personally contacted Ford Marketing where the Rep told me: "Yes, your Dealer did cancel your order. Contact them and have them put in another order for you".

I explained that I am a reservation holder from June 2021 and no, I will not be putting in a new order and requsted help. She told me there was nothing they could do and for me to contact my dealer.

I am sharing this in case anyone else with a pending order might have also had their order canceled from a "glitch" and hasn't checked their junk email.

Imagine having a two year old reservation/order that was cancelled without you authorizing it and not seeing the email in junk for months.

Screenshot 2023-03-28 at 6.36.40 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-03-28 at 6.28.39 PM.png
IMG_5651.png

buzzcutt2

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OP
OP
JWBroncoATL

JWBroncoATL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thank you so much for this. I'm giving the dealer this morning to come back with a resolution and then reaching out to these folks. Very helpful!

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Months?
Looks like it was cancelled yesterday...

Ford Bronco Help! Ford just cancelled my 2021 order (reservation holder) 1680097212847

Also, did you re-order a MY23 before the 3/7 deadline and confirm your build and priority code via your DORA?

Is this the same dealer and reservation number you had issues with before?

OP
OP
JWBroncoATL

JWBroncoATL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Months?
Looks like it was cancelled yesterday...

1680097212847.png
Yes, it was cancelled yesterday. I meant, imagine if I had not seen it in junk until a few months from now.

Also, did you re-order a MY23 before the 3/7 deadline and confirm your build and priority code via your DORA?
Yes. 100%. I went through COVP, have a DORA, have a signed sheet to confirm my build and priority code 10.

Is this the same dealer and reservation number you had issues with before?
Yes, this is the same dealer where my order # changed and I am still not clear why that happened but I was assured it was not an issue.

NEW INFO/UPDATE FROM DEALER:

I did hear from the dealer this morning who has assured me:
  • They did not cancel the order
  • They escalated to Ford Regional contacts
  • Ford Region said it was a "glitch" and was escalating to Ford Dearborn to get it resolved
  • That Ford Dearborn is going to call me directly once they have resolved this issue
  • My dealer assured me that they are staying on top of it with their contacts at the Ford Regional Office to ensure that it is resolved
  • They are hoping I am contacted today from Ford Dearborn with it all resolved.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JWBroncoATL

JWBroncoATL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just so you all are aware of how "helpful" @Ford Motor Company is at taking care of Bronco customers in this situation, I am posting their reply to my attempt to reach out to them here and online at Twitter.

Seems they are all trained with a certain response.

I really appreciate their assistance.

Ford Bronco Help! Ford just cancelled my 2021 order (reservation holder) Screenshot 2023-03-29 at 6.28.33 PM

Ford Bronco Help! Ford just cancelled my 2021 order (reservation holder) Screenshot 2023-03-29 at 6.28.51 PM

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had my day one reservation cancelled by a shady dealership. Best of luck to you.

OP
OP
JWBroncoATL

JWBroncoATL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had my day one reservation cancelled by a shady dealership. Best of luck to you.
It's a sad day when a company doesn't care at all about their customer. It signals the beginning of the end of an organization.

Ford tried to launch the Bronco like Tesla business model with a direct relationship with customers.

They have to decide who their customer is. And unfortunately, it seems like they have decided. And it is NOT the driver of the vehicle or the people who made reservations for a vehicle two years ago. They literally could not care any less.

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes, it was cancelled yesterday. I meant, imagine if I had not seen it in junk until a few months from now.

Yes. 100%. I went through COVP, have a DORA, have a signed sheet to confirm my build and priority code 10.

Yes, this is the same dealer where my order # changed and I am still not clear why that happened but I was assured it was not an issue.

NEW INFO/UPDATE FROM DEALER:

I did hear from the dealer this morning who has assured me:
  • They did not cancel the order
  • They escalated to Ford Regional contacts
  • Ford Region said it was a "glitch" and was escalating to Ford Dearborn to get it resolved
  • That Ford Dearborn is going to call me directly once they have resolved this issue
  • My dealer assured me that they are staying on top of it with their contacts at the Ford Regional Office to ensure that it is resolved
  • They are hoping I am contacted today from Ford Dearborn with it all resolved.
What dealership is it? Sounds like they are actively working to resolve the issue. (y) I hope it gets corrected soon.

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It has been 2 years......

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just so you all are aware of how "helpful" @Ford Motor Company is at taking care of Bronco customers in this situation, I am posting their reply to my attempt to reach out to them here and online at Twitter.

Seems they are all trained with a certain response.

I really appreciate their assistance.

Ford Bronco Help! Ford just cancelled my 2021 order (reservation holder) Screenshot 2023-03-29 at 6.28.51 PM

Sure, It'd be nice to get quicker assistance from Ford, but at the same time, not sure the people manning this inquiry service have the tools to resolve your particular situation on a general help line. Plus, unfortunately, you're probably like the 10,000 person in the queue with an active issue which they seem under staffed to even try and handle as we've seen the last couple of years.

Hope it can be resolved though, but I agree, your dealer might be the best dog to hunt on this matter if they are willing to do it. Good luck.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's a sad day when a company doesn't care at all about their customer. It signals the beginning of the end of an organization.

Ford tried to launch the Bronco like Tesla business model with a direct relationship with customers.

They have to decide who their customer is. And unfortunately, it seems like they have decided. And it is NOT the driver of the vehicle or the people who made reservations for a vehicle two years ago. They literally could not care any less.
I still would not rule out the dealer. Wouldn't be their first screw up for you.

You say they did the COPV. Do you have the tracking number, Auth number, and such? Have the dealer give you a copy if you don't have one. A signed DORA doesn't mean anything if they did not follow through on their end. If they can't, it's obvious where the issue lies. Will look just like this only with your info.

Ford Bronco Help! Ford just cancelled my 2021 order (reservation holder) COPV Form
Sponsored