Jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not sure what to think here....

I received notification from Ford both my reservations were cancelled and my money returned. My dealer says my order was successfully submitted, is clean, and waiting to be scheduled.

I had a day 1 and day 7 reso. First one that got cancelled was my day 1 reso. I received a notification from Ford that it needed to be converted or esle would be cancelled - but I had already placed my order at the dealer level. My dealership said "ya ignore Ford's portals and notifications, your order has been submitted." But then Ford cancelled my reso. Once it got cancelled, I raised a fit - as the other reso remained active. They then said "oh, that must be because we converted the wrong reservation." I cold off and moved on. BUT this then happened again in December. This time, dealer again showed me the confirmed order, priority code, blabla and said everything was fine... meanwhile...I now apparently have no reservations according to Ford.ca and my $100 deposit has been returned.

Customer Service has not been helpful. They keep telling me to go back to the dealer. I have this sneaky feeling this Ford dealer fucked everything up and only ever submitted a factory order. To make matters worse, no one at Ford can tell me shit...

Dealer is Coastal Ford in Vancouver, BC, Canada. Just want to see if I'm the only one out there with this experience...
Sponsored

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My $100 reservation fee was refunded as soon as it was converted to an order. Are you sure that isn't what happened?

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ā€˜1928 model A, ā€œ23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I donā€™t understand why a ā€œreservationā€ is still a thing?? If they havenā€™t been ā€œconvertedā€ to an actual order by now they should be canceled and once a order is placed, what is the need for a ā€œreservationā€? Total weirdness imho...

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I donā€™t understand why a ā€œreservationā€ is still a thing?? If they havenā€™t been ā€œconvertedā€ to an actual order by now they should be canceled and once a order is placed, what is the need for a ā€œreservationā€? Total weirdness imho...
Truth, if you didnā€™t convert your reservation as soon as you were able, then you lose your spot.

Caseoftexas

Outer Banks
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

weird that you couldnā€™t log into your ford account and see the status of your reservationā€¦ that way you could have confirmed that your reservation was actually converted to an order. Sounds like some due diligence was missed

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have this sneaky feeling this Ford dealer fucked everything up and only ever submitted a factory order.
That's a distinct possibility.

See this about Ford.ca cancelling reservations at the end of last year, but that was on unconverted orders. Also Ford Canada apparently handled this differently from Ford USA, so not everything you hear from folks on here is going to be applicable.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Jeep4bronco86

Badlands
First Name
Jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
weird that you couldnā€™t log into your ford account and see the status of your reservationā€¦ that way you could have confirmed that your reservation was actually converted to an order. Sounds like some due diligence was missed
Reading comprehension:

I checked the Ford account and communicated this to my dealer. The dealer and customer service told me to disregard.

OP
OP

Jeep4bronco86

Badlands
First Name
Jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Truth, if you didnā€™t convert your reservation as soon as you were able, then you lose your spot.
I did, I aligned with the instructions and converted well before this cut off

bodean

Base
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 Mini, 99 4Runner, 07 FJ Cruiser, 16 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The problem is ford.ca is handling this entirely different. We get even less communication, which is even more frustrating.

Iā€™m convinced in Canada the reservations mean nothing.

OP
OP

Jeep4bronco86

Badlands
First Name
Jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The problem is ford.ca is handling this entirely different. We get even less communication, which is even more frustrating.

Iā€™m convinced in Canada the reservations mean nothing.
I'm with you...I think that's the case. This dealer has apparently only received 3 Broncos...I'm number 7 on their list. So maybe another year? Lol

A dealer in Langley has already gotten 14. Similar size...makes no sense
Sponsored