Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wouldn't trust anything from your dealer. They had the ability to order the 2 door from the beginning. Many of us reserved first day 2 doors and ordered them once the order system was live. As far as I know there was never a time that you were not allowed to convert a 2 door reservation into an order. Plenty of us got 2021 2 doors, although not as many as should have.

So from March 2021 to October 2021, you didn't have any contact with your dealer or look at your Ford account?

When you did place the order in November of 2021, did the email confirmation from Ford specifically say what you ordered? Hard to imagine a 2dr Bronco order just got converted to a completely different vehicle on it's own.

At least you do have a 4 door to hold you over, but I think you've got a long wait ahead of you unless you pay ADM for one you find on a lot.
Sponsored

Last edited:

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did you put $100 down towards a reservation once or twice?

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I checked on the order every 4-5 weeks from then on. On 3/10/22 when I called the Ford hotline they said my order had been given a VIN - the VIN they gave me was 3FMCR9B62NRD, which you can see is a Bronco Sport and not anything close to what I ordered. My dealer actually tried to sell me the Bronco Sport. It was both bizarre and insulting.
To help ease confusion. Dealers generally reuse order numbers for different models, ex. Expedition and F-150 can have the same order number. There are 4 vehicles at your dealership with that order number, all different. No order is showing for a Bronco. Only a Bronco Sport ordered in February. It’s understandable why FMC could have gotten confused when trying to help you find the missing Bronco order since it’s a “Bronco” technically.

I believe that your order was either never put in or it was cancelled out. You had a WBDO clearly at one point but unless that vehicle was already delivered I’m not seeing it on the order books.

OP
OP
KnoxSooner

KnoxSooner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I appreciate the input that I am getting on this forum, and will continue to try to answer questions and also clarify a few of the facts...

- Yes, I had two Bronco reservations, I paid $100 each for them. The time stamps are July 14, 2020 at 7:38pm & 7:40pm (eastern time) The Reservation #'s are 10151798 & 10149870.

-Just to clarify, the 4-door bronco I received last fall went to my nephew. He is a great kid and my brother promised him that if he received a National ROTC Full Scholarship to college OR an appointment to one of the U.S. Military Academies, he could get a Bronco. My nephew fulfilled his end of the bargain and I am super proud of him.

- I agree that in hind site the actions of my local dealer are very suspicious. I am often heard saying, 'experience is something you get just after you need it'. I wish I had gone to a different dealer, unfortunately, I didn't do that and I am now attempting to navigate my options.

- Until I read it here, I didn't know that 2-door's were available to order until Ford reopened the order bank for them in late October of 2021. Obviously, had I known that, I would have ordered a 2-door back in March of 2021. I trusted what I was being told, and I own that one as my first mistake. In my defense, I didn't think I was being duped and had no reason to not trust my dealer. It still doesn't make sense to me what would motivate a dealer to tell someone they can't sell them something if they could?

-Lastly - I received my “Ford Bronco Preview Order sheet” complete w/ my name, my dealer and the precise 2-Door Eruption Green Base Bronco directly from Ford Motor Company the day it was ordered back on Nov 3rd, 2021. My dealer asked me to confirm that it was correct, sign it and send it back to them. Which I did. So I know for a fact that what I ordered was put into the Ford system correctly. However, what happened to that order 3-4 months later is where the questions arise.

-My hope in bringing this to this forum is 1) people more knowledgable than me will provide some insight on where I should go from here, 2)Other's with similar experiences will reach out to me, and hopefully we can compare notes and hopefully help each other, 3) someone within Ford Motor Corp will read this and want to help make this situation right.

Attachments

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What does your account show when you check your reservations? That’s the big question here.

That sheet is just a printout from the dealer to show a customer what the potential order looks like. It does not always represent order placement though dealers do provide it to the customer when they place the order. It’s a summary of what they’re about to order for you so you can make sure it’s correct before they do.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Apologize Bronco Cat, I was only attempting to answer your specific question and used the name I saw. No offense was intended. I am new to communicating via a forum - again, sorry. Nevertheless, the Bronco Sport never showed up on anything on my end, or anything that was sent to me by FMC or my dealer. I only found out about the sport when I made a routine phone call to FMC to check on my order when they said my order had been converted to a VIN w/ a Mfg date of May. However, when I ran the VIN, I was totally confused b/c it was a sport. I originally assumed I wrote the VIN down wrong, but later learned that the VIN the gave me was actually tied to my order number. However, FMC AND my dealer said my order had been changed. However, they had no explanation that made any sense. I can't remember what color the sport was, however, I don't think they come in green (but, I am not positive about that b/c I really don't know much about the sports). My dealer basically blew me off.
No offense taken. Was being funny. You might win for the strangest bronco ordering story. We have a Cactus gray sport and a CO bronco so well versed with both vehicles. To be totally honest I enjoy driving my wife’s BS as much as I like driving my bronco. Both great vehicles which I will probably get flamed for saying.
Sponsored