Sponsored

Help Please: Caliper Bolt loose / damaged caliper base?

OP
OP
retrospex

retrospex

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Wildtrak, Audi RS5 B8.5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Update:
So Tues morning the manager emailed me that they were able to get the approval from Ford. What a relief! I was already mentally preparing my appeal lol. They need to order the part of course, let's see how it goes. Thank you to everyone for their input and guidance.
Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just read through this thread. Good luck getting that part until the strike ends but if I were the selling dealer and you had brought it into me for regular service I would have put it out of commission and given you a loaner.

However it was not taken to a Ford dealer for your mods.

Now as to PDI catching this? Do dealers put new vehicles on the lift and remove all 4 wheels to inspect the brakes? And if they don't and any part of the wheel obstructs their view of this particular bolt .

Or, if this was never seated properly at MAP then one particular robot needs its walking papers (and the inspector that let it pass)

Bolt like this was never installed correctly as it would not back out in less than 800 miles

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just read through this thread. Good luck getting that part until the strike ends but if I were the selling dealer and you had brought it into me for regular service I would have put it out of commission and given you a loaner.
Strike hasn’t seemed to affected parts at all yet luckily. The bracket is readily available.

OP
OP
retrospex

retrospex

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

However it was not taken to a Ford dealer for your mods.

Now as to PDI catching this? Do dealers put new vehicles on the lift and remove all 4 wheels to inspect the brakes? And if they don't and any part of the wheel obstructs their view of this particular bolt .

Or, if this was never seated properly at MAP then one particular robot needs its walking papers (and the inspector that let it pass)

Bolt like this was never installed correctly as it would not back out in less than 800 miles
It did cross my mind about doing the install at a Ford dealer. I wonder how much different the installation cost would've been, I assume they would've caught the problem but I can only guess. If I didn't do a lift it would've gone unnoticed for who knows how long...

OP
OP
retrospex

retrospex

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Update:

Well after several weeks and some necessary coercion , I picked up my Bronco on Tuesday with the service completed under warranty. Almost exactly a month out of commission, of which was just under 2.5 weeks at the dealer. The worst part of it all was that they did not provide a loaner vehicle, I was added to "the list" of people needing a loaner. Thankfully I have a second vehicle that I haven't sold yet.

I'd like to thank everyone who contributed to helping me navigate this very stressful situation, with your help it became normal stressful situation! Especially @flip you really helped me in real time going through all of this and I appreciate your expertise, insight, and suggestions along the way.

So for now, case is closed and I'm driving this big green machine again. Off to the next challenge!

Sponsored

Discount Tire

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Update:

Well after several weeks and some necessary coercion , I picked up my Bronco on Tuesday with the service completed under warranty. Almost exactly a month out of commission, of which was just under 2.5 weeks at the dealer. The worst part of it all was that they did not provide a loaner vehicle, I was added to "the list" of people needing a loaner. Thankfully I have a second vehicle that I haven't sold yet.

I'd like to thank everyone who contributed to helping me navigate this very stressful situation, with your help it became normal stressful situation! Especially @flip you really helped me in real time going through all of this and I appreciate your expertise, insight, and suggestions along the way.

So for now, case is closed and I'm driving this big green machine again. Off to the next challenge!
Glad to hear that the problem was finally put to bed. Sorry you had to deal with all the hassle.

OP
OP
retrospex

retrospex

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

BONUS ROUND!

So I was driving up to Orlando Saturday afternoon, and while on 95N I heard a loud metal *BAM*. I pulled over at the next rest stop less than 10 minutes later and hopped out to inspect. I immediately checked the wheel area starting with where the caliper bolt / bracket was fixed.
I could not discern any damage or any bolts out of place. What I did find, was still disappointing.

Ford Bronco Help Please: Caliper Bolt loose / damaged caliper base? IMG_0374.JPEG

So that green hook was still left on the vehicle. I'm assuming that was associated somehow to the loud knock I heard. I don't know if that thing was hooked on in two places and it just snapped off from one point which made the noise. I'm only guessing, I have no idea. Unbelievable.

Last edited:

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

BONUS ROUND!

So I was driving from up to Orlando Saturday afternoon, and while on 95N I heard a loud metal *BAM*. I pulled over at the next rest stop less than 10 minutes later and hopped out to inspect. I immediately checked the wheel area starting with where the caliper bolt / bracket was fixed.
I could not discern any damage or any bolts out of place. What I did find, was still disappointing.

Ford Bronco Help Please: Caliper Bolt loose / damaged caliper base? IMG_0374.JPEG

So that green hook was still left on the vehicle. I'm assuming that was associated somehow to the loud knock I heard. I don't know if that thing was hooked on in two places and it just snapped off from one point which made the noise. I'm only guessing, I have no idea. Unbelievable.
Oh nice! A free caliper hanger! 😂

Sponsored
OP
OP
retrospex

retrospex

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I didn't notice anything to my untrained eye, but here's a shot of the inner side of the wheel area.

Ford Bronco Help Please: Caliper Bolt loose / damaged caliper base? IMG_0377.JPEG

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ughhhh. Yeah that is a caliper hanger.

OP
OP
retrospex

retrospex

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP
OP
retrospex

retrospex

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No. It probably made contact with the sway bar.
Interesting... because it was loud as f**k!
I'm trying to imagine how this all happened
Sponsored