Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone have any insight with Heretic Studios lights? Debating a few brands and not sure which way to go.

Phase 1 lighting
- triple fog pockets
- A pillars
- front bumper light bar*
*I ordered the DV8 bull bar as wasn’t crazy about the tall OEM one. Now I’m regretting the decision as want to go with a 30” lightbar but I think I’m forced to go down to a 20”

option 1
Was planning on the Diode Dynamics triple fog light kit, ss3 ditch pillars, and I guess the Baja design s8 20” lightbar since I can’t go 30”. I like this kit as all will have amber backlight and can use 4x4truckled wiring harness for the DDs and I guess order the BD s8 from rudysdeisel site as they have a 20” mounting bracket.

Option2
Go with Heretic studios lights for all and just give up on the backlight option. The brightness seems great from what videos I’ve seen online and I like the way the ambers look even when off. The other variation is just go with the DDs but get the Heretic bar instead of the BD s8

anyone have experience or insight with the Heretics?
Sponsored

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anyone have any insight with Heretic Studios lights? Debating a few brands and not sure which way to go.

Phase 1 lighting
- triple fog pockets
- A pillars
*I ordered the DV8 bull bar as wasn’t crazy about the tall OEM one. Now I’m regretting the decision as want to go with a 30” lightbar but I think I’m forced to go down to a 20”

option 1
Was planning on the Diode Dynamics triple fog light kit, ss3 ditch pillars, and I guess the Baja design s8 20” lightbar since I can’t go 30”. I like this kit as all will have amber backlight and can use 4x4truckled wiring harness for the DDs and I guess order the BD s8 from rudysdeisel site as they have a 20” mounting bracket.

Option2
Go with Heretic studios lights for all and just give up on the backlight option. The brightness seems great from what videos I’ve seen online and I like the way the ambers look even when off. The other variation is just go with the DDs but get the Heretic bar instead of the BD s8

I’ve had the Heretic fog light kit and their 20” light bar on order since 24 June….so, going on 9 weeks. I like that they’re made in the USA out of a solid piece of billet aluminum. They appear to fit nicely in the OEM Modular Bumper pockets and the light bar tucks nicely in the safari bar opening…..But man, waiting is such a bore. Was originally told 3-5 weeks, then added 2-4 more weeks and it appears the second eta will be a bust as well. I understand that’s the world we live in now, but it sure as shit would be refreshing for a company to promise and deliver on shipping suspenses.

OP
OP
firsttimefordbuyer

firsttimefordbuyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve had the Heretic fog light kit and their 20” light bar on order since 24 June….so, going on 9 weeks. I like that they’re made in the USA out of a solid piece of billet aluminum. They appear to fit nicely in the OEM Modular Bumper pockets and the light bar tucks nicely in the safari bar opening…..But man, waiting is such a bore. Was originally told 3-5 weeks, then added 2-4 more weeks and it appears the second eta will be a bust as well. I understand that’s the world we live in now, but it sure as shit would be refreshing for a company to promise and deliver on shipping suspenses.
Man, I think I've had enough waiting (2yrs). Bronco is almost to dealer so if this is the case, not sure I'll be going with Heretics (unless they are just that much better)I just emailed them to ask about availability while I still assess if the DDs are going to be the way to go.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They look and supposedly perform awesome and their small/attention to detail operation appealed to me. But, are they better than Baja Designs, Diode Dynamics, or Rigid…..I don’t know. I’m also not aware of the lead times for their competition, however, if I had clarity on availability of any of the fore mentioned options, that would definitely have factored into my decision. In fact I cancelled an order from a different manufacturer after waiting over a month…..only to wait over 2 more months (to date) for the Heretics.

Jbou1010

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

go rigid ambience. in stock and has amber backlight

Sponsored
OP
OP
firsttimefordbuyer

firsttimefordbuyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They look and supposedly perform awesome and their small/attention to detail operation appealed to me. But, are they better than Baja Designs, Diode Dynamics, or Rigid…..I don’t know. I’m also not aware of the lead times for their competition, however, if I had clarity on availability of any of the fore mentioned options, that would definitely have factored into my decision. In fact I cancelled an order from a different manufacturer after waiting over a month…..only to wait over 2 more months (to date) for the Heretics.
I heard back from them about availability:
"We did have a major back up for a while. We had an issue with an anodizer we were using(the only step we do not do in house) so we switch. It backed us up about 6 weeks so there were delays. Add on the supply chain issue on getting raw metal it just made for long waits. but we are now getting caught up. Right now We are only about a 3 week lead time on a 20" bar. If we get them sooner it will ship. "

OP
OP
firsttimefordbuyer

firsttimefordbuyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

go rigid ambience. in stock and has amber backlight
Yeah, this is how I started but was influenced by 4x4truckleds stating Rigid was not good so for about the same price I started looking at Diode Dynamics (also with backlight)

Dr.Ross

Base
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dreadfulobjects.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Sasquatch 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah, this is how I started but was influenced by 4x4truckleds stating Rigid was not good so for about the same price I started looking at Diode Dynamics (also with backlight)
For what it’s worth, I had Rigid Radiance pods on my TJ prior to Bronco, and have DD SS3 on the Bronco, and the amber backlighting seems much brighter on the SS3s, if that matters to you.

cbarg14

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F•150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Got the Heretic fog light kit this week after a 2 month wait since ordering. Putting them on next week. They seem very well built outta the box.

20220824_173027.jpg

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can't comment on the Heretic, but I've been very happy with the DD SS5 Pro pillar lights. Very well made and the TIR lenses make for a really nice pattern and light density. Also, made in the USA as well. As far as the fog pocket, I went with the Baja Designs although I've been slacking and haven't installed those yet.

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Phase 1 lighting
- triple fog pockets
- A pillars

option 1

Option2

Go with the Diode Dynamics. You have lots of options to pick from regarding lens patterns and outputs. You can also change lenses later if you decide to change things up. Assembled in the USA as well with an 8 year warranty. Pair them with our KR Off-Road brackets and you not only save $$ as part of the kit but get american made brackets with a lifetime warranty in the kit as well.

We also have the pillar lights in stock and Baja Designs bars in stock.

Basically everything in stock to ship out right away.

Ford Bronco Heretic Studios lights or Diode Dynamics Diode4

OP
OP
firsttimefordbuyer

firsttimefordbuyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Go with the Diode Dynamics. You have lots of options to pick from regarding lens patterns and outputs. You can also change lenses later if you decide to change things up. Assembled in the USA as well with an 8 year warranty. Pair them with our KR Off-Road brackets and you not only save $$ as part of the kit but get american made brackets with a lifetime warranty in the kit as well.

We also have the pillar lights in stock and Baja Designs bars in stock.

Basically everything in stock to ship out right away.

Ford Bronco Heretic Studios lights or Diode Dynamics Diode4
Thanks! Is there a 20” lightbar bracket? I only see a 30” one

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks! Is there a 20” lightbar bracket? I only see a 30” one
No we don't make a 20" bracket as it would be a bit.. ugly. You'd have this massive bracket holding up a small light. Didn't look good when we were toying with the idea. So we only did 30" - 40" brackets. The 30" Fits nicer on the bumper and doesn't look like you have wasted space.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am a huge fan of @Diode Dynamics after seeing them! If you have the modular bumper, you won't beat the three light kit for fogs. I ended up with"capable" bumper, always in quotes since its not capable of much, and went with s3 pro. Wow do they light up the night! I think these guys have lighting tech lead now.