Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aprilia V4 Tuono
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FirstTimeFordBuyer -
That light bar looks great with the DV8 bar. How's the view from your front camera with that bar installed? Wondering how much is blocked out.
Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
firsttimefordbuyer

firsttimefordbuyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FirstTimeFordBuyer -
That light bar looks great with the DV8 bar. How's the view from your front camera with that bar installed? Wondering how much is blocked out.
Thanks
I don't have a pic but can get one but camera is not blocked. I CAN see the bar but it's not blocking. I use the camera constantly and it's never in the way. I'm not a big fan of the OEMs that are much taller and this one works without blocking the camera. (or only blocks 1%)

jclark

Badlands
First Name
Jeanette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To follow up as the OP. I went 100% with Heretic and am extremely happy with the brand. I do think Heretic, DD, and Baja are all great and if I went with them, I would be happy too based upon all the reviews for all 3 brands. Rigid, I've seen too many people bash the brand so I didn't consider them.

Why I went with Heretic:
Besides lighting performance, there were 2 factors that drove me to buying their brand.
  • 1 was the 20" lighbar & bracket. I had already purchased the dv8 bull bar and while I know 4x4truckleds.com thinks both dv8 and the 20" light bar are crap and don't look good, for me, I like them. (no disrespect to 4x4leds). I did consider throwing the dv8 out and ordering the 30" lightbar but every Bronco vid I see with Justins black Bronco that has the 20" lightbar (e.g. trailrax vid ) sold me on the 20". Happy people hate it as don't want to see my setup on every other Bronco I pass.
  • The other was as dumb as it is, I just liked the way the amber lights look during the day. I could be the only person but even when off, with the black badlands, I like it. For the record, I'm not matching every damn accessory with those colors as I hate that look but the lights look great even during the day imo.
  • I originally thought the backlight was cool but the above 2 factors outweighed not having this feature. If that is important to you, then, I'd go with DD or Baja

What's great
Quality of product is awesome. Brightness is great and so far seems solid. I'd be shocked if anyone has something negative about quality.

What I think Heretic needs to address and is disappointing!
  • Wiring harness: They FAIL to disclose that the wiring harness is NOT specifically for the Bronco, even though its sold as a Bronco kit. The harness is simplistic but lengths are wrong and requires some cutting. I did reach out and their response is they are addressing this but not yet. To be clear, the install itself was quick. If you look at a few YouTube vids on any brand install for lights and the harness, you can quickly have the lights installed and working in 20-30m imo. I spent extra time ensuring the harness wires were clean and felt like OEM so spent additional time here but again, I think this would be true for any brand. I do think its BS the harness needs to be chopped and joined to make the lengths work though. Heretic needs to fix this AND should explicitly state it doesn't come with a Bronco harness. Maybe they already addressed this since I bought mine?
  • Lag time. Took over 30 days to get the product when I ordered it. So if you're in a rush, go with another brand. 4x4 seems to have DD in stock.

Anyway, again, I'd give Heretic 5/5 for being great despite the harness (it honestly created 3 minutes of extra work and if this is complicated, maybe you shouldn't be working on your vehicle anyway.) Happy to share more pics but here is a shot of what I installed.

• 20" light bar (came with bracket)
  • pocket fogs (amber)
  • Combo Pillars

tempImageScoctj.jpg

tempImageXgdBAq.jpg
I went with the heretic 20" clear combo to use with my DV8 bar and I think the sizing looks great. I didn't plan it, but the 20" width is about the same as the opening in the bumper., so if feels to scale.

I'm currently debating between the DD and Heretic ditch lights. I was leaning towards the DD because of the black face (no visible silver hardware) and black mounting bracket - as I suspect otherwise they are very similar in performance and quality otherwise.

How are you liking the heretic a year later?

tempImagexBqP2N.png

OP
OP
firsttimefordbuyer

firsttimefordbuyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@jclark looks great! A year later, I couldn't be happier with Heretic! I had the same thoughts about all black hardware but honestly I mounted it and never thought about it again until you mentioned it. I originally was going to switch out or modify the hardware so it was all black but doesn't bother me. We just got back from a camping trip and the lights performed great. Ditch lights are awesome. I'd buy Heretic imo. DD is a great brand but if I add a roof rack with lightbar, I'm going to go with Heretic there too.

Kmautah

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Lariat, Tesla Model 3, MB Sprinter Van (170)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@jclark looks great! A year later, I couldn't be happier with Heretic! I had the same thoughts about all black hardware but honestly I mounted it and never thought about it again until you mentioned it. I originally was going to switch out or modify the hardware so it was all black but doesn't bother me. We just got back from a camping trip and the lights performed great. Ditch lights are awesome. I'd buy Heretic imo. DD is a great brand but if I add a roof rack with lightbar, I'm going to go with Heretic there too.
I'm looking at the Heretic fog and ditch lights as well (and love that they are a local Utah company!). Also debating the DD's vs Heretic, I was planning on the SAE version for the smaller fog lights, but looks like none of the Heretic lights are SAE? maybe this is a taboo topic, but do people just run these (non-SAE) fog lights on the road anyway?
Sponsored