First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am going with a small folding trailer. Mainly for hauling kayaks and our paddle boards. We are very tight on space, living in our small condo with very small garage. The folding trailer folds and stores upright in a corner somewhere or in our small storage unit. The factory rack rails seem ideal for hauling on top although it presents two issues for me- cannot get one and my Bronco clears the garage by only a half inch. With the rack on it won't fit in the garage. So trailer it is.
Sponsored

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 2019 BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yakima makes a nice system with extension to clear the spare. I'm not sure on weight limit. System is availavle through REI. I purchased the lower hitch mounted storage and upward extension. I have not added the basket yet but plan on it. Lower storage I had 3 sets of golf clubs and some other items for a trip down to Hilton Head with no issues whatsoever.

https://www.rei.com/product/191116/yakima-exo-swingbase

Use this and you can add the locker, rack, extension, etc. Good modular system IMO.

Woah! I’m gonna have to check that out!

Shim

Badlands
First Name
Shim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone tried this with the Sasquatch package, worried about the swing with the larger tire, can the tailgate still get to 90' so rear window will open?

AlexInNY

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 428; Grand Wagoneer; MB 230E; Pacifica
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Anyone tried this with the Sasquatch package, worried about the swing with the larger tire, can the tailgate still get to 90' so rear window will open?
Are you asking about the Yakima EXO Swingbase? I have it with a 285/75/17 tire mounted on the back. The tailgate with that tire is blocked by the “socket” on the EXO for the upper tier extension. Bottom line, I need to swing open the base to open the tailgate. A little annoying but I’ve gotten used to it. My wheels are zero offset (so it hangs a little further off the tailgate) and a 7.5” hitch extension works well for the EXO.

Shim

Badlands
First Name
Shim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you asking about the Yakima EXO Swingbase? I have it with a 285/75/17 tire mounted on the back. The tailgate with that tire is blocked by the “socket” on the EXO for the upper tier extension. Bottom line, I need to swing open the base to open the tailgate. A little annoying but I’ve gotten used to it. My wheels are zero offset (so it hangs a little further off the tailgate) and a 7.5” hitch extension works well for the EXO.
Yes, thank you. I was able to see the e-trailer YouTube video of this installed on a wrangler and was concerned about being able to open the Bronco tailgate to the 90' position with the EXO Gearlocker attached.
Sponsored