Sponsored

Hood catching on plastic below windshield.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So is this caused by a hood being out of alignment or something? I mean it doesn't hit on every single Bronco right?
Sponsored

OP
OP
ravenb99

ravenb99

First Edition
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sequoia
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So is this caused by a hood being out of alignment or something? I mean it doesn't hit on every single Bronco right?
The cowl is expanding in the heat or weather changes and then the hood catches after a period of time. Pops the cowl out of place and the cowl being over the hood prevents the hood from opening up cleanly.

Even on the new one I notice a little bowing by the bolts on the side.

CTwaterfowler

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
WOW, thank GOD for this forum.
I was putting in my flex 4 ditch hiliter lights (they are beautiful)

Popped the hood and noticed all the tabs on the windshield Moulding got yanked out.
Made installing the light connections easy.
The molding was bent out of shape and I couldn't get it back.+++ didn't scratch my hood .
I thought that either I screwed up something OR the tech that replaced my cracked windshield (1000 miles) screwed up, GLAD TO HEAR IT FORD.]
Now also waiting on FORD to tell me what is going on with the engines with the brittle valves, I hit the lottery with my engine date.

bjswifty

Big Bend
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX5
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My bronco is being looked at by the dealer right now for this plastic cowl issue. Opened the hood once at the dealer and didn't notice anything when I bought it, but a week or so later after washing I was wiping down the engine bay and noticed some odd sounds opening/closing the hood. If they order and replace the part that is fine with me, if the part was redesigned to handle temperature a bit better, ect.

adrencg

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Same for me. I bent the cowl.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So could someone sand down a bit of the lip or something on the cowel before hand as to give it more clearance?

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

mine is climbing on the passenger side. It appears that the clip that is there isn't long enough and pulls back from the hole it's inserted into. This isn't a QC issue, it's a fabrication issue. The foot just isn't big enough. Imagine putting a size 6 foot in a size 11 shoe. The foot is going to slip out. That's what happens here.

hudson.mock

Big Bend
First Name
Hudson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Be careful with it, once i lifted my hood and since it got caught it dug into my windshield and put two 12 inch cracks straight up. I got the plastic piece replaced and about 6 months later it has the same issue and new one gets caught...
Sponsored